Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    I held the vp9 in the store and it felt so nice in my hand. Fit me really well, and the ergonomics were fantastic. I could seriously see myself trading in my glock for it someday.
    You wouldn't regret it. It shoots like a dream. If you shot it you'd wanna switch.

Comment

Welp I just made the swap. They offered me $500 for my glock so it was a no-brainer.

Comment

Welp I just made the swap. They offered me $500 for my glock so it was a no-brainer.
        Steal.

Just ordered my DDI AK74. Cannot fucking wait.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Nice, when I was at the range today I was going to look at a vp9 but they won't have any until the next shipment.

I did get to check out an Fn fnx .45 tactical fde with a trigger job. That thing is glorious
          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I may get the fnx tac this weekend. The local gun shop has one on sale for $1100 in fde. Very tempting. While I def want it, I don't know if I can justify the purchase the more i think about it. I think it would only serve as a range toy. Too big to carry, if I started to do 3 gun I think I would stay with 9mm, and too big to fit in my small nightstand safe. But it is so bad ass.

Shot the vp9 at the sherrifs range today and it ran flawlessly on 115gr hp and 124gr fmj. 200 rounds. First time at the sherrifs range and the range masters were very helpful with everyone. One deputy even came over to me after i did a quick double tap,,,,,, I thought he was gonna repremand me and instead he gave me a few tips on how to follow up faster and stay on target. I didnt even realise I was trigger slapping it until he showed me. He then had me put 2 shots down range for technique then empty the next 13 shots rapid fire. Never got to do that before, the range i normally use doesnt allow rapid fire.

One thing about the vp9 is it kept pinching my trigger finger on the saftey. Never experienced that with the glock. Not terrible, just a bit of an annoyance.
            Last edited by naplesE30; 03-19-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

One thing about the vp9 is it kept pinching my trigger finger on the saftey. Never experienced that with the glock. Not terrible, just a bit of an annoyance.

Yeah, mine did that at first too, for some reason. It stopped after a few time out though, not sure if it's how I was holding it or what.

I had the same issue slapping the trigger too.

Comment

What do you guys use for Eyepro? Im just using Mechanix gloves and cheap foam ear plugs for hands and ears, but eyepro seems like there are a lot of "cheap" options that dont really protect your eyes.
                willschnitz

Comment

I just wear my glasses. Honestly I've never had eye protection actually save me while shooting unless I'm in a booth. Just find something that's clear.

Also, why are you wearing gloves?
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    I just wear my glasses. Honestly I've never had eye protection actually save me while shooting unless I'm in a booth. Just find something that's clear.

Also, why are you wearing gloves?
                    Cause gats get hot,

You shoot yours once an hour or something?

From research it seems like there are a few cheap options that protect from shrapnel. Id rather have it and not have my eyes get shit on by chance.
                    willschnitz

Comment

When I go shooting I put a few hundred down range usually in an hour or a little over. Heat has never been an issue other than the fore grip on certain setups.

Pistols, nope.

I was honestly curious, because everyone has their reasons. I've never really found heat to be an issue though. Gloves just tend to complicate things and appear a little mall ninja esk to me. Unless of course you have an aluminum front end that transfers alot of heat off the barrel. Even still, best to keep the trigger hand bare for better control.

How much shooting have you done? The only thing coming at you is brass, you are really over thinking this if you think you need gloves for heat, and super safety glasses.
                      Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 03-20-2016, 08:23 AM.
                      No E30 Club
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Ive shot a lot with .30-06 hunting rifles and 12 guages. But never had the cash to drop one something nice.

Have you passed a gun safety course? Literally one of the first things is to have ear pro and eye pro. The gloves are a combination of heat when handling the gun in case I touch a part that isnt the hand guard on front, and to keep a better grip when I pick up laminated wood or poly stock.

Mall ninja is attaching a ton of shit to your gun, not wanting to say safe around shit that can hurt and kill you.
                        willschnitz

Comment

I was raised in a family where firearms were a daily part of life.

Anyway, even the NRA Headquarters range finds standard eyeglasses effective. Unless your gun KB's on you, the only thing flying around is brass. I like to wear sideshields when in a booth to catch returning casings that bounce off the barrier.

My point, is that you don't need to spend hours online looking for the best eye protection. Any standard safety glasses that are clear and offer side protection will do.

As for the gloves, if it works for you, great. Like I said I only asked because I've heard various reasons but always found them to be an annoyance to me. I'm always up to hear other opinions, could be missing something I hadn't thought of.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

You must be buying the wrong gloves lol. Gloves are fine if they are nice and fit right.

Its not like I search for hours for the best glasses, I just really would rather have something that wont shatter into my face if anything hits it like normal construction glasses do.

Plus unless you exclusively shoot at paper with lead bullets there is always a chance for ricochets off steel. Add in the fact that most Russian ammo is steel core it increases the risk.

On another note, Gun shop gave me a hard time when he saw I was ordering an 5.45 Rifle. "You cant really get your hands on ammo for that gun you know!"

Yeah thats why 750 rounds are showing up on my doorstep tomorrow :P Wish 7n6 didnt get banned though, would've been nice to buy 1080 round spam cans for $120 still.
                            Last edited by Wschnitz; 03-20-2016, 08:13 PM.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Yeah thats why 750 rounds are showing up on my doorstep tomorrow :P Wish 7n6 didnt get banned though, would've been nice to buy 1080 round spam cans for $120 still.

they banned 7.62?! sounds worse than Kommiefornia!

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                                they banned 7.62?! sounds worse than Kommiefornia!
                                nah they banned russian 7n6 5.45 imports because its "armor penetrating" and can be fired out of a pistol.

More political then anything IMO, 5.56 can do the same thing.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X