No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that said, I'd rock the shit out of a MPX copperhead...
    BEERTECH

Comment

I think Sig has been pushing the envelope with new developments and as such experienced some flaws. The feedback I have heard is they are pretty quick about turning people’s guns around once received for work or modification.

The politics of getting them to put out recalls sounds like it was an ordeal to get through? That doesn’t surprise me though as a company with the possibility to lose millions on a recall isn’t going to react with a snap decision. Anyway from what I can tell they are trying to make things right, and largely have from what I can tell. However, I totally get going with another manufacturer who is not having any design problems. Lots of great manufacturers to deal with and why risk the hassle.

Comment

Pushing the envelope? In what way? In the example of the P365, its basic design has been in use for decades and it doesn't really depart significantly from the basic design of a common striker fired pistol in any way, it's more of an incremental change and a new product for sig. If the issue with P365 dragging and breaking firing pins is an inherent design flaw in the striker mechanism or firing pin, it should've been caught in testing and was just sloppy design, if it was a flaw in the parts it should have been caught in QC checks and it was sloppy QC. There's really no way to sugar coat it, they dropped the ball and didn't respond like they should. It happens from time to time, nothing to tear the entire company apart over and boycott them forever, but the way it went down is something a company like sig should be beyond and it definitely reflects negatively on the current state of the company.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

A striker fired gun is the same basic design,...yes. However, the design of the magazine is what is new and in that size of a package.

I love my P365. I think we all would like to 'trust' a company that brings out a new product and hope that product is perfect. That's not the case anymore,...with any product.

Like you don't buy the first year of a new car model. You don't install the new OS of a platform,...etc.

More and more companies seem to be using their customers for the main QC of a product.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            More and more companies seem to be using their customers for the main QC of a product.
            And therein lies the rub. The firearms market (and I guess so many other markets) move so quickly, and are so fickle, that companies have to get something out ASAP in order to grab a market share, even if that means less time in QC. I see it daily in my business (construction) where we are pushed to meet ever tighter schedules; while not the same thing, it is related. Something has to give somewhere.
            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              And therein lies the rub. The firearms market (and I guess so many other markets) move so quickly, and are so fickle, that companies have to get something out ASAP in order to grab a market share, even if that means less time in QC. I see it daily in my business (construction) where we are pushed to meet ever tighter schedules; while not the same thing, it is related. Something has to give somewhere.
              Sounds like the gaming industry as well. Takes a year for new releases to actually run right these days, then the next game is out. It sucks.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I work at a major NGFW company and our operating systems that are put out...im not sure how they pass our QC... They do a quick blip and send it out. Granted we can't test for every possible scenario,...but yeah...
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Ordered a Larue mbt for the 300blk pistol. Will report back on how it copmares vs the geiselle ssa-e. Also going to swap out the pistol grip on my ar for an ergo tactical deluxe grip. I have large hands and hopefully it will better fill the palm of my hand.

Comment

Got all the parts for my pistol build but the lower. Stupid snow storm delayed it until Tuesday.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Any can suggestions? Eyeballing the silencerco Omega 300. Is it worth the price? Can’t believe a freakin tube with some baffles cost as much as (in my case 3x more) than the entire gun, or a good piece of glass. What a racket. So much more tech and r&d into good glass and firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                        Any can suggestions? Eyeballing the silencerco Omega 300. Is it worth the price? Can’t believe a freakin tube with some baffles cost as much as (in my case 3x more) than the entire gun, or a good piece of glass. What a racket. So much more tech and r&d into good glass and firearms.

Thats the one i was looking at aswell. It is crazy how they are so expensive. I remember back a fee years ago there was a guy selling “oil catches” but they were just silencers with out the hole on the end drilled out. COuld get them for like 300 bucks. And then the fed kicked down his door lol.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

There's a lot more than just a tube and some washers in a good suppressor.

The way in which the device mounts takes a lot of trial and error. The Dead Air QD mounts are some of the best in the industry. One of the reason I got a Sandman-S.

You can always form 1 a suppressor if you think you can do better.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            It's all about what you plan on doing with it. Personally, I would rather have a Dead Air Nomad, EA Vox-S, Q Trash Panda, or YHM Nitro, or Rugged Can.

I have a lot of SilencerCo and Dead air stuff, that being said, if i was doing it all over, i would get a Vox-S or YHM. YHM is a lot of can for the money

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              Thats the one i was looking at aswell. It is crazy how they are so expensive. I remember back a fee years ago there was a guy selling “oil catches” but they were just silencers with out the hole on the end drilled out. COuld get them for like 300 bucks. And then the fed kicked down his door lol.
                              Sounds like SDTactical. He is still in business, but only selling completed monocore cans now. His prices are still awesome and I wouldn't mind picking one up.

I did a form 1 with his titanium tube, muzzle device and adapter, along with stainless freeze plug baffles that I formed in a press. Works great.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Yeah, at a glance, $900 seems high, but that's a pretty high end silencer and the internals are probably fancy cnc machined stuff that requires a lot of machine time. Even with that if they didn't have to spend a bunch of money jumping through hoops to make and sell them they'd probably be designed for efficient mass production and half the price.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X