X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    How's the nazi space magic?
    Fantastic :D

Only brought it out once, put about 200 rounds down range, significantly more enjoyable than the VP9 for me!
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I'm really wanting to get an AK. I have a SKS already that I got when I was 14.

So I have the ammo. Then I thought about doing a AR in 7.62x39...torn between which to do.

I'd like an AK to have one. I like the idea of an AR because I have two and am familiar with them.

Also, not sure of which AK to get. PSA seems to be doing pretty good. They just had their blem AK with magpul furniture for $499 over the weekend.

what are yalls thoughts?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        I'm really wanting to get an AK.
        I have an M92 Pap pistol and it is a ton of fun. It's been 100% as most of those are. I would happily recommend one of those, even though they've become pricier in the last couple of years. I had planned on SBRing it and adding a factory triangle side folder once it proved itself. With efile times so short I should really jump on it now. PSA is hit or miss. The main benefit with PSA is that they'll stand behind their product, so if you do have issues they'll take care of it. All of their shit is pretty reasonable, so it's hard to argue price. I'd stay away from new Century manufactured guns.

Comment

^thanks for the info! I just recently bought an AR assembled upper with a lower parts kit and then one of their stripped lowers and "built" an AR for $350 including the transfer fee.

I've shot it, maybe couple hundred rounds. So far so good.

I know on the GN3 AK from PSA they added some better parts.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

If you want to shoot 7.62x39, then buy an AK!

I've been tossing around the idea of trying out another. I had one briefly a while back. Kind of want to give it another shot.

Friend of mine has talked about burying a SKS with a couple spam cans of 7.62 lol.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I would 100% not do an AR in 7.62x39, the mags suck and they are expensive. The platform in general is not great for commbloc ammo, hard on extractors, need extra power springs for hard primers (which means stiffer trigger), and the lacquer gums up in the AR chamber/bolt lugs.

I think the 74 is the best AKM, 5.45 is still cheap and is much more enjoyable than 7.62x39 to shoot and is an overall better performing cartridge. I have some die-hard AK fans, they all prefer the 5.45.

I have only one AK now, it's 7.62x39, because I wanted East German and I couldn't find a 5.45 parts kit for the life of me, but If I were to do it again, would absolutely go 5.45.

But for your point of ammo commonality with your SKS, get an AK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                Fantastic :D

Only brought it out once, put about 200 rounds down range, significantly more enjoyable than the VP9 for me!

Just sayin :devil:
                BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Not a bad price, might give that a try!
                  2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I can vouch for Grayguns making quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      If you want to shoot 7.62x39, then buy an AK!

I've been tossing around the idea of trying out another. I had one briefly a while back. Kind of want to give it another shot.

Friend of mine has talked about burying a SKS with a couple spam cans of 7.62 lol.
                      Yeah, I'll probably just go with an AK

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
                      I would 100% not do an AR in 7.62x39, the mags suck and they are expensive. The platform in general is not great for commbloc ammo, hard on extractors, need extra power springs for hard primers (which means stiffer trigger), and the lacquer gums up in the AR chamber/bolt lugs.

I think the 74 is the best AKM, 5.45 is still cheap and is much more enjoyable than 7.62x39 to shoot and is an overall better performing cartridge. I have some die-hard AK fans, they all prefer the 5.45.

I have only one AK now, it's 7.62x39, because I wanted East German and I couldn't find a 5.45 parts kit for the life of me, but If I were to do it again, would absolutely go 5.45.

But for your point of ammo commonality with your SKS, get an AK.
                      dully noted! Now to just get the wife on board... lol
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        Yeah, I'll probably just go with an AK

dully noted! Now to just get the wife on board... lol
                        Also look into the VZ-58, better ergonomics and light weight.

Comment

Interesting malfunction in my buddy's .300blk the other day... I've heard about brass over bolt malfunctions when using 5.56 PMags with .300, but figured it was a forum myth. Well it happened. The jam was a breeze to clear and the gun ran fine the rest of the day, although the offending Pmag is now back to 5.56 duty.

-Alex

Comment

I thought you could use 300BO with 5.56/223 mags?
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

You can. I’m guessing the plastic Pmag feed lips are the reason for the issues. I have been using the clear/smoked lancer mags with metal reinforced lips to good effect for my 300blk plinking.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                                You can. I’m guessing the plastic Pmag feed lips are the reason for the issues. I have been using the clear/smoked lancer mags with metal reinforced lips to good effect for my 300blk plinking.
                                Magpul should totally add metal reinforcements to Gen 4 pmags. I think that is the biggest weakness for current pmags. While most people aren't ever going to shoot enough for them to go bad, but years of improper storage can be a real problem for them. It still amazes me how many people don't know that little removable clip on top of pmags is for storage.

Comment

Working...
                                X