where i have been for the last month......

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • der affe
    replied
    got the giant cast/bandage off today. this is what they did



    Leave a comment:


  • TexasTerp
    replied
    I hope the surgery takes! Best wishes for the recovery!

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    I am not sure of the specifics, he called it an ulna nerve impaction and explained that it was the scars attaching to the nerve and deading it by putting pressure on it.

    I guess it would be new tissue growth since the scars were not there pre accident.

    He also told me i that the muscles were moved around when they did the orginal grafting at county. I forgot to ask him if he put them back in the right spot.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    So your ulnar nerve was adhering to the new tissue growth? I'm not too familiar with burn recovery. Those vascular and dermatological plastic surgeons are a skilled crew.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    I cant go through this whole thread... I have been through some stuff. but nothing like this.

    I feel so bad, and it is true that I have it good. I goto the hospital and just feel bad for everybody else.

    Glad to see you have progressed well in 4 years or so

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    thanks for the well wishes.

    this *MIGHT* be the next to the last surgery depending on it takes.
    i already had the right arm done about a month ago and while it did make things better, it did not correect everything. if there is another operation they can to do correct it completely, i will go with that first.

    i am most likely going to need either a z plasti or if i can an integra skin regraft on my right wrist. after the last surgery, i gained move flexation on my right wrist so now the skin is tight again. if i can get it regrafted, i wont have to go in for more z plasti's ever 2-3 years as the scar tightens up over time. the problem is they might not be able to do it on a flex point like the wrist and thumb.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Damn Greg, that freaking sucks. Is this supposed to be the end?


    I hope you feel better sooner than possible!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    good luck man. that happened to the backs of my both of my hands when i was 8. it sucked. i wish you a speed recovery.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    Glad it went well. Hopefully this is the last of the bullshit!

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Glad the surgery went well? Good luck on the road to recovery.

    This was your last of how many?

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    i have not updated this in a while, had surgery to release the ulna nerve on my left arm on tuesday. 4 hour surgery, it too 2 surgeons working from both sides of my elbow to do it.

    he said it was the worst scar adheasion/impaction he had seen in 35 years of being a hand surgeon.



    i came home with an IV tree to hang it from and a VAC-U-DRAIN to drain out the blood from the wound. my dog kept attacking the tree thinking it was following me as i drug it around everywhere.

    i get the stitches out on monday and a removable splint with more bandages. i will take more pics of the stitches too

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Holy crap man, that's nasty. Glad you're on the road to recovery.

    I ended up with permanent nerve damage in my left arm after a sportbike accident in 2002. I had to relearn how to do everything right handed; what a pain in the ass! It will come, but it takes a long time before things are natural. Of course, once your left arm is completely healed it sounds like you'll be able to return to "normal."

    Good luck to you man!

    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike The Bavarian
    replied
    damn dude. my best of wishes go out to you! Burns deffinatly suck. One time I was flux core welding something on my friends tractor and a huge thing of slag fell onto my sweat shirt and melted it and I got burned and i thought that was bad..This makes it look like nothing. Thank god you're alive and doing good.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by der affe
    glad to get things rolling AGAIN. so i can finally put an end to this.
    he told me to smile when he took the pics too.

    kronus, i can ship out the recaro padding tomarrow or monday if you still want it. let me know.
    Yes, I still want it. My DS bolster is pretty much done. Don't strain your injuries, though, I'm not in a huge hurry because I still need to find matching bolster cloth.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    glad to get things rolling AGAIN. so i can finally put an end to this.
    he told me to smile when he took the pics too.

    kronus, i can ship out the recaro padding tomarrow or monday if you still want it. let me know.

    Leave a comment:

Working...