Ridiculous Terror Threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridiculous Terror Threats

Ok, now I have seen everything. Apparently the TSA is concerned about anyone who brings a remote controlled toy on the plane citing that it can be modified to remotely detonate a bomb. Maybe I'm not the smartest person in the world and maybe I just don't get it.. but shouldn't the TSA be screening for bombs anyway? Am I stupid or are they stupid? It seems to me that finding the bomb should be their focus more so than something that can be used to detonate it. Here's the link to an article I read:

freedom for safety.

slowly but surely, piece by piece.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

So why couldn't an iPod, phone, laptop, etc. trigger a bomb?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        So why couldn't an iPod, phone, laptop, etc. trigger a bomb?
        You're using logic. Stop.

Comment

^^ ahahaha

Say what you want.. people are more paranoid than anything else.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

TSA should have their skulls caved in
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
              No more dick eating, just skull crushing?

Did you switch from ecstasy to cocaine?

Comment

Seriously, people are so godamn paranoid it pisses me off. Nobody is going to detonate a bomd with an RC car remote, so chill the F out.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post

'It's the price we pay for freedom'

Go back to compacting the poop in your worthless mop of a dog, youre one who advocated this shit not long ago!

Originally posted by vlad
                  Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Actually this was just in an article on the BBC yesterday. Somehow RC car stuff has bandwidth outside of what we block in convoys in the greater Sandbox, so there's been a real scare from the enlisted since the tin can/glow plug on a stick thing is worthless anymore, and that Blue-whatever scanner can't pick up whatever is going on with RC car parts.

Domestically I'm sure it's not a big deal, but if it's a known part for a detonator, what's not to wait until a plane is full & blow a few right on the tarmac, or at least in whatever the new range is with RC stuff? I'm not up on the latest, but my Pops has a transmitter for his RC plane with crazy distance - more than you would expect a toy to do.

The difference between toys & technology is so blurred anymore - anyone remember when Sony Playstation2 / PS2 memory cards were being used for rocket guidance? Cheap, durable chips - whodathunk?

IDK, I'm far more worried about slackass security than too much in the sky. If I really need to to get my RC car with me somewhere I'd just UPS it there & fly on my own. If UPS puts it on a plane, that's their own ass.

I clearly see the suck involved with all this stuff coming up under the veil of "security" - but I'd sooner loose a few liberties & live longer than be wondering if the government is even paying attention.

We have a bullseye on our asses as Americans - at least I think so, so if the government throws down a bunch of rules to keep planes safe, I'll go with it.

I go with this RC part ruling over banning nail clippers anyhow.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

they are worried about this when you can make a very effective taser with a disposable camera... i don't get it.
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
                        they are worried about this when you can make a very effective taser with a disposable camera... i don't get it.
                        Do share...

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                          Domestically I'm sure it's not a big deal, but if it's a known part for a detonator, what's not to wait until a plane is full & blow a few right on the tarmac, or at least in whatever the new range is with RC stuff?
                          But again I would ask how they would allow a bomb to get on the tarmac in the first place? If someone can get explosives into the "secure" area of the airport, the detonation device is the least of our worries. While some kid is being patted down over his Tyco R/C hovercraft, nobody seems to consider that there could be a clock or some sort of countdown device if they manage to get a bomb past security.

Comment

Disposable cameras already got the boot a few years back, they were the detonator of choice when used with those "liquid" bombs.

-Charlie
                            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                            FYYFF

Comment

Ha I used to do this all of the time when I was a kid. Gives people a nice little shock.

Comment

Working...
                              X