• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
    Di2...
    Ui2 ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      I love that little flip of the thumb to click up a gear...
      I miss it. I toppled all three pillars i used to stand for: steel, campy, cabled mechanisms....

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
        Ui2 ;)

Ultegra's electronic groupo is still Di2, it stands for digital integrated intelligence.
        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Hey guys I just bought my first road bike. It is a 1992 Cannondale r800. From looking at the stock specs on VintageCannondale.com, I have confirmed that this bike has alot of aftermarket components (Ex: Campagnolo, Selle Italia Turbo Special saddle, Shimano 105) installed. The bike needs a tune up bad so I'll be doing one tomorrow with a friend who works at a Bike shop. Overall I think I did pretty good for $100.

Here is a picture from when my buddy and I picked it up. (His car not mine.)

I love this saddle!

Last edited by e30saam; 08-08-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
            Ultegra's electronic groupo is still Di2, it stands for digital integrated intelligence.
            wow...shows you how up-to-date I am with 'modern' bicycles! Because the bike was advertized as a tarmac Ui2 I thought it was because of the Ultegra Digi-system.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...dcompact#specs

im a dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
              Hey guys I just bought my first road bike. It is a 1992 Cannondale r800. From looking at the stock specs on VintageCannondale.com, I have confirmed that this bike has alot of aftermarket components (Ex: Campagnolo, Selle Italia Turbo Special saddle, Shimano 105) installed. The bike needs a tune up bad so I'll be doing one tomorrow with a friend who works at a Bike shop. Overall I think I did pretty good for $100.

Here is a picture from when my buddy and I picked it up. (His car not mine.)

I love this saddle!

Indeed, cool saddle!
              Look for stress cracks around the bottom bracket area where the stays are welded onto the BB shell, and seat tube to the BB shell.

Also, when you start riding it, get yourself some Specialized Roubaix cyclind shorts...the pad should be think enough: those Cannon's offer quite the stiff ride.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
                wow...shows you how up-to-date I am with 'modern' bicycles! Because the bike was advertized as a tarmac Ui2 I thought it was because of the Ultegra Digi-system.

Perfection. It's hard to define, yet easy to recognize. We specialize in the science of perfection, however, and every bike we make embodies it. No matt...

im a dumbass!
                Ui2 is definitely pretty common nomenclature/slang for the Ultegra Di2, if you look at their spec sheet it refers to all the individual components as "Ultegra Di2." Don't mind me, I'm just a professional mechanic being nit-picky ;)
                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Been scavenging parts for the past year and my new frankenbike is finally coming together ..............with a mix of Campagnolo Record & Chorus, 3TTT, Timec, Selle Italia, Vittoria on a late 90's F.Moser Leader AX frame (Dedacciai Zero tubes). Ergo 8-speed shifting and Erus Wheels. It should be a nice upgrade to the ol' C'dale. Gotta find some time to finish soon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Anyone recommend a decent for the money crankset? The stock shitty suntour XCT on my DB overdrive was not put together tight from sports authority. And subsequently it wrecked the pedal threads.

Mainly need a decent one to get me by on tough mountain trails.

Also possibly looking for a different front fork, this suntour XCT one is like a pogo stick not a shock.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Anyone recommend a decent for the money crankset? The stock shitty suntour XCT on my DB overdrive was not put together tight from sports authority. And subsequently it wrecked the pedal threads.

Mainly need a decent one to get me by on tough mountain trails.

Also possibly looking for a different front fork, this suntour XCT one is like a pogo stick not a shock.
                      I had SR Suntour components on my 2010 GT avalanche 3.0 disc, total garbage IMO. the cranks never gave me trouble, but they were just super heavy.

the front forks were P.O.S too, they were like you described them, a pogo stick. after a year the stachion tubes got rusty and rebound didn't do shit.

Comment

You guys are complaining about department store bikes.
                        Try going to an actual bike shop...
                        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
                          You guys are complaining about department store bikes.
                          Try going to an actual bike shop...
                          Ya I bought a DB because it got good ratings for the money, I now however wish i had forked out more cash for a specialized hardrock at my local bike shop.

The frame of the DB is fine, just all the components suck.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Sell it and buy a used, higher-end bike. The depreciation is huge on bikes, especially on the high end. Shoot for shimano 105 10 speed or Campy Centaur or Sram Force or higher.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
                            Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

my 2013 fuji sst, full dura ace. Awesome fast bike.

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                                Sell it and buy a used, higher-end bike. The depreciation is huge on bikes, especially on the high end. Shoot for shimano 105 10 speed or Campy Centaur or Sram Force or higher.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
                                The issue is I want a 29er, so going older then 2 years won't happen. Ill probably sell and get a specialized hard rock disc sport.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X