No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this bike. The handle bar is simply amazing and easy to ride. I have Univega bike and the new models are comfortable to ride and low weight. My friend just bought Univega bike but frankly I this model. Simply amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    The Driven

Comment

As noted in post #5945, I've been collecting a pile of old parts from swap meets/garage finds/eBay, throughout the past year to be my "new" bike. The goal was a nice quick steel frame, with mostly Italian parts. The only real new parts are the wheels, handlebar tape, tubes&tires, cables. Here's a better picture of the resulting F.Moser Leader AX package:

It was a VERY fun project. and.......I am really REALLY pleased with the results. The ride is sublimely smooth and quiet. All of the components seem to complement the package and work perfectly. My only problem currently is user error......I keep reaching for non-existent shifters on the downtube......ha!

Campagnolo Eurus Wheels w/ Chorus 8-speed cog-set
      C' Record Ergo BB-Carbon Shifters
      C' Chorus Brakes
      C' Record Front Derailleur
      C' Chorus Rear Derailleur
      C' Chorus headset
      C' Record Bottom Bracket
      C' Chorus Crank & Chainrings
      3TTT quill stem & handle bar
      Timec quill seat post w/ Selle Italia seat
      Vitus "Look Delta" pedals

Comment

Wow I haven't seen a nice Moser in years. what tube set is that Mix of Columbus oops never mind it's Dedacciai Zero tubing.

Great looking ride, not sure I like the modern wheels on it but I bet it rides nice with them.

Great steel site.
        Steel Vintage Bikes is your shop for vintage bicycles from the worlds best brands! A wide selection of Eroica bicycles, vintage bikes, retro clothing, cycling shoes and more. Colnago Super, De Rosa, Eddy Merckx, Pinarello
        Last edited by M-technik-3; 09-01-2013, 01:09 PM.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

I take your point with the wheels! I have an extra set of old Mavic CXP 30 rims and I was honestly thinking of some Chris King hubs for a look sorta like I have on the Cannondale, but the build-up was gonna be more than I wanted to pay. The C' Eurus wheelset was VERY reasonably priced....and I kinda like the bladed look now.....and yes they roll really nice!

Comment

I have some GP-4's and I will say between those and my Campy tubulars roll and roll.

I have some Suntour Superb Pro hubs that I love, I have never serviced them and no matter what bike I ride it out glides any other wheels I have on it.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm looking for a good seat. I've been riding my fixed gear a lot lately add my ass hurts so bad.

Does anyone had a good idea for a seat? Or do I just need to suffer through ass aches.

This is the one I have on their currently.

Comment

I've found the turbo style saddles to be the most comfortable. Though if you haven't broken in your ass to the pain yet, everything will be an ass hatchet

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                  I've found the turbo style saddles to be the most comfortable. Though if you haven't broken in your ass to the pain yet, everything will be an ass hatchet
                  I think I might have had one of those, and switched. Its like if I wait a week its fine, but when I ride back to back days is more then an ass hatchet, its an ass axe.

Maybe I'll try a turbo style that isn't just hard plastic.

I feel like a need one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                    I'm looking for a good seat. I've been riding my fixed gear a lot lately add my ass hurts so bad.

Does anyone had a good idea for a seat? Or do I just need to suffer through ass aches.

This is the one I have on their currently.

If that's fixed, get some foot retention. It'll make your life so much better.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Something Selle Italia. I have a Genuine Gel Pro-Link from a few years ago on my steel frame road bike. Very comfortable over pot-hole ridden Brooklyn.
                      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        If that's fixed, get some foot retention. It'll make your life so much better.
                        Yeah its fixed. I suddenly realize how stupid it is of me NOT to have some straps. I just about went through a red light the other day going down a hill.

Comment

A short video of the riders from Sydney + international visitors, who went to Pacific Park (about 1 hour out of Sydney) during the 2013 NSW Moto Trials championships. Riders…

Been living in Australia for the past year, heaps of good riders down under
                          We're out there in here.

Comment

This is my daily commuter, nothing too crazy just form follow function
                            sigpic

Comment

^ Cool bike. those are some DEEEEP drops.

Comment

Originally posted by beta14ok View Post
                                ^ Cool bike. those are some DEEEEP drops.
                                So deep the top of his saddle hits his belt button

Sent from my Note 2
                                Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Working...
                                X