Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markseven View Post
    Thank you, John!

Is there a good place to find used bikes? I checked CL and eBay; normal bikes are plentiful, but the aluminum-framed kids bikes are few and far between.

The one Gary Fisher that I found is on the east coast and the seller is not willing to ship.
    Following-up: I found a really nice Specialized Hotrock 16 on craigslist for $80. Nicely made bike.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Un-holy union - Purists look away.

This past summer I built-up a nice Moser Frame w/ full Campagnolo. Since then I have become really fond of the ergo shifters.

Now it's winter and I'm wanting to get back on my C'dale rather than move all of the lighting on to the Moser......but I don't wanna leave the ergo shifters. It turns out that Campy 9-speed ergo shifters work just fine with Shimano 6-speed derailleurs. Based on the research at Highpath Engineering, all kinds of interesting combos of Campy and Shimano are possible.

I found a set of 9-speed Campagnolo ergo shifters, a set of Shimano Dura-Ace downtube STI cable guide, and some Jagwire cables on the 'Bay. I had to grind the base of the cable guide flat as it was made for small diameter round tubes rather than the C'dale flat Shimano downtube shifter mounts. The rest was just tuning. It really looks and works great.....so now I have ergo shift on both bikes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Campy Ergo shifter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	7163580

Name:	Cdale Downtube.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	7163581

Name:	Shimano rear derailleur.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	7163582

Name:	Cdale w ergo shift.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	7163583

Apologies for the mobile phone pics.
      Last edited by beta14ok; 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

This is "usclip" by Hunter Allgaier on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
        We're out there in here.

Comment

Man, I can't wait for it to start getting nice enough to start riding (enjoyably) to work again.

I think in a week or two i'm going to strip my bike down for a tune up. Maybe get some modern sized wheels and tires, and change my brake setup. Also want to throw some paint on it.

I'm thinking white? It's an 84 Fuji.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Made it out to the Wheel Mill in Pittsburgh last weekend. Super fun place to ride inside, lots of MTB stuff to ride also.

91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

fancy ^ some buddies of mine keep talking about making a trip to rays but never follow through. i miss our old indoor park.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Here's my daily rider that I'm trying to sell to fund another build.

It's an 09' Giant Bowery Track bike. It's on ebay if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtbag30 View Post
                  fancy ^ some buddies of mine keep talking about making a trip to rays but never follow through. i miss our old indoor park.
                  Do it. Ray's is awesome. Our local park closed last year so the closest place to ride is either Cincinatti or Cleveland which are at the shortest, 110 miles away. Haven't got to ride much at all since the cold hit.
                  91 318is M50 swapped
                  05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Anyone know anything about modern BMX race bikes? im interested in getting one of the carbon GTs or Redlines?
                    We're out there in here.

Comment

^ I kind of want a BMW bike as well.
                      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
                        ^ I kind of want a BMW bike as well.
                        91 318is M50 swapped
                        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by beta14ok View Post
                          Un-holy union - Purists look away.

This past summer I built-up a nice Moser Frame w/ full Campagnolo. Since then I have become really fond of the ergo shifters.

Now it's winter and I'm wanting to get back on my C'dale rather than move all of the lighting on to the Moser......but I don't wanna leave the ergo shifters. It turns out that Campy 9-speed ergo shifters work just fine with Shimano 6-speed derailleurs. Based on the research at Highpath Engineering, all kinds of interesting combos of Campy and Shimano are possible.

I found a set of 9-speed Campagnolo ergo shifters, a set of Shimano Dura-Ace downtube STI cable guide, and some Jagwire cables on the 'Bay. I had to grind the base of the cable guide flat as it was made for small diameter round tubes rather than the C'dale flat Shimano downtube shifter mounts. The rest was just tuning. It really looks and works great.....so now I have ergo shift on both bikes!

[ATTACH]80421[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]80422[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]80423[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]80424[/ATTACH]

Apologies for the mobile phone pics.
                          sick!! I am about to get on my first wheelset build. Looking at mavic rims, double butted spokes and an ultegra hub. Nothing crazy but these will be a good upgrade over my stock defy wheels I keep having to true out thanks to lousy roads for my commute.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
                            sick!! I am about to get on my first wheelset build. Looking at mavic rims, double butted spokes and an ultegra hub. Nothing crazy but these will be a good upgrade over my stock defy wheels I keep having to true out thanks to lousy roads for my commute.
                            Dawgg all you need are DEEP V hubs and spokes don't matter

Comment

Fo sho d0e? Fo reallies?

Comment

Have had better ideas...
                                91 318is M50 swapped
                                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Working...
                                X