No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the kid i go riding with every night has that bike Turf, it's a good frame, the welds are nice on it and it seems very strong, His is brakeless. He also has annodized red Deep-V's because the stock (pictured above) rims were stolen when his bike was locked up outside my apartment (woops!)
    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
    1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I'll buy those rims from you if you get different ones, Turf.

Check out these bike racks I saw at the park today. Since they look like fixies, and they're fixed to the ground, I have dubbed them "Fixie Racks". Next time we go there, I'm going to have my wife get a pic of me doing a skid on them. :D

Comment

^^ You're so addicted. Like white on rice.
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Is 58 cm the right size for someone 6''00' like me?
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

That sounds a little big. You typically want a track bike thats a little smaller than a road bike sized for you. Should be fine though. I bought a 56cm and I'm 6'0.

Comment

I'm sure I can have them change it before they ship. I hate bikes that are too big.
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                I'm sure I can have them change it before they ship. I hate bikes that are too big.
                Definitely change the order. Especially if you don't like big bikes. I went with a 56cm for my road bike and I'm 5'11". I still feel pretty stretched out on the 56cm too... For a track bike I would go with either a 55 or even a 54.
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Too small is no good though. You'll get your legs tangled up when doing skids and what not.

Comment

Comment

wow. good pic ^^^^^

i have a genuine schwinn sting-ray re-issue in near mint condition for sale if anyone's interested..
                      wide slick in the back, small rim up front, spring loaded fork.. this things a blast to cruise around on. :)

i'm selling it cuz i'm moving to a city where i'll be riding my real bike(s) every day :D and i can't take it w/ the move...
                      löwenbröke crew... ya herd?
                      HSTuningUSRT|Southbend|Integrated Engineering|Boostvalve|ATP|

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                        ^^ You're so addicted. Like white on rice.
                        When I get into something new, I don't do it half-assed. :up:

Comment

My friend's dad has this older Schwinn 10-speed I love messing around on whenever I get the chance to. So, the other day my buddy called me up and told me if I wanted it I could have it for free, because they're getting ready to move and their dad was just going to dump it. Anyways, the only badging I see on it is "Schwinn World" but I'm not sure what type of "World" it is. I just rolled home at 3:30am so the pictures are in our overfilled garage, so I'll throw some better ones up tomorrow. I go to ASU main, so instead of taking one of my expensive bmx/mtb's I'm just going to pimp this bad boy. The paint is as good as it gets for a bike this old, it's just dusty as hell right now. I'm thinking about rawing the frame to see how it would look and if I'm not liking that I'll repaint it.

I've been looking into the fixed gears on here and they look pretty badass, it's got semi-vertical dropouts from what I can tell. So, is it fixed gear-able? I read that horizontal dropouts are preferred, but I've seen some fixed gears with similar dropouts online so it's probably doable. I don't know shit about road bikes and fixed gears (other then what I've read in here) because I stick with bmx and mountain biking, so could anyone point me in the right direction? It needs a new front tire, so I'll be picking that up tomorrow from a buddies shop. Dropout:

I don't know anything on the specs of the bike, other then it's a ten speed and cost me $0.00 to purchase :D The stem is really damn high and the shift levers are on it as well:

So, basically I needed to be pointed in the direction of:

-Could it be setup with a fixed gear?
                          -What can I do about the stem/bar combo that is high as hell?
                          -The foam grips are toast and need to be replaced (need good parts websites)
                          -What else would you recommend?

My dads friend owns the bike shop, so I get hooked up on parts and what not which is always nice and I'll get it tuned up tomorrow as well. Sorry about the novel and thanks in advance! We'll see what this bike does to me, I have a bad feeling it could introduce me into another genre of biking that will lighten my wallet even more!

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

before i spend too much money converting it make sure the frame fits you. that one seems to be fairly big (61cm,63cm). if youre not over 6'2" i wouldnt put too much money into it. a basic tune-up and new bar tape might rejuvenate it quite nicely.
                            -ben
                            www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Originally posted by löwenbröke View Post
                              wow. good pic ^^^^^

i have a genuine schwinn sting-ray re-issue in near mint condition for sale if anyone's interested..
                              wide slick in the back, small rim up front, spring loaded fork.. this things a blast to cruise around on. :)

i'm selling it cuz i'm moving to a city where i'll be riding my real bike(s) every day :D and i can't take it w/ the move...
                              That thing is SO PIMP! That would be perfect for cruising around the island on...
                              -Erik

Comment

Yeah. I know someone with that bike and has it converted. Really nice rider...

That stem though makes me think the bike is huge feeling though. IIRC, that bike is really heavy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X