Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ok huney.

Comment

ok, maybe an easier question for more of you to answer, why do you guys like fixies so much? personal opinions required.

Comment

Originally posted by ABuseO View Post
        ok, maybe an easier question for more of you to answer, why do you guys like fixies so much? personal opinions required.
        Simple, lightweight, as fast as SHIT. I love the fact that there's almost nothing to these bikes, but they're faster than anything I come up against. I can take the whole thing apart and put it back together in an hour, cleaning everything in between. Fixed gear is cycling in it's simplest, most original form. I love the connection to the road these bikes give.

Comment

I enjoy skids, the simplicity of the bike, the beauty of the bikes and the connection to the ground and the strange looks I get from people when they realize that there aren't any brakes on the damn thing...

Comment

I love that you constantly have to pedal, it's SO MUCH better excersise.

I don't even really like riding anything with a freewheel now, it feels wierd. It feels like wasted energy.

Comment

riding a fixie gets me mad waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

I lol'd

Comment

I do it for the barspins that my bike cant even do.
                  tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    Saddle for/aft tuning is to adjust the position of the knees over the pedals, not to adjust reach like a stem does. They aren't really interchangable adjustments.
                    He's right. The only thing it's really going to change in that respect is the slope of your arms while reaching to the bars, not how far you're reaching. It might to a small extent, but not noticeably.

Comment

I was not making refrence to stems for specific people. The knee pain thing is a seating position issue. I resolved some of my body placment issues via a new stem.

Comment

Originally posted by ABuseO View Post
                        Its all about the feel. Riding fixed isnt like anything ive ever done before. Your really connected to what your doing and the lack of brakes makes you focus that much more.

And i have no problem hopping on my mountain bike and hauling ass down hills and jumping off everything i can find. Granted it takes a few seconds for me to feel normal with the freewheel haha.

And heres a link on knee pain and cycling.
                        Lower extremity (knne, hip, and leg) pain in cyclists.
                        -Chris

Comment

So what happens when you have to ride up a big hill?

Comment

cadence.

AND, snaking.

Comment

Originally posted by CBi View Post
                              So what happens when you have to ride up a big hill?
                              You fuckin mash that shit.

hahahahahahahaha i had to.

Yeah you pedal harder.
                              -Chris

Comment

The mail man bringeth presents:

Comment

Working...
                                X