1987 535is
    1988 325is

Comment

Nifty.

Comment

SPD's baby.. like the clapper clip on clip off
        Attached Files

Comment

This might start a fight, but im going to get a flop hub single speed/fixie.
          My preferences so far are the Felt Curbside, Fixie Inc (CFH) Paddywagon, and the Cannondale Capo.
          Any of you have any of these bikes? what do you suggest...

Comment

I don't know much/any about any of those particular bikes but I absolutely love my Cannondale Synapse 3. If I didn't just like Cannondale's, I'd probably be stuck between that and the Felt sans reviews. Try to find some bicycle sites that have reviewed any of them (if any have) and go from there, or go find a big bicycling forum and post some opinion based questions.

Comment

no fights for a flip flop. Sometimnes fixed won't work, but SS will.

Comment

I hate Soma clips. They're too bulky and they drag the ground even with 165mm crank arms and a high bottom bracket. Beware..

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  riding a fixie gets me mad waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
                  I fail to see how this would help you. Word on the street is you are rather "light in the loafers".
                  -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
                  Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Originally posted by Optimator View Post
                    I fail to see how this would help you. Word on the street is you are rather "light in the loafers".
                    Is this some kind of therapy technique?
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                      I hate Soma clips. They're too bulky and they drag the ground even with 165mm crank arms and a high bottom bracket. Beware..
                      My friend Colin had them on his bike and he never had a problem with them. Maybe it was user error. :D

Comment

Did 40 miles on Sunday....

Was the only single speed out there; and got a compliment (or at least I think) on my bike.

I think I need new pedals and a different gear ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3 View Post
                          Did 40 miles on Sunday....

Was the only single speed out there; and got a compliment (or at least I think) on my bike.

I think I need new pedals and a different gear ratio...

He was probably being sarcastic.

You know, for not a whole lot of money you can pick from, oh I don't know, TWENTY gear ratios at any given time WHILE riding.

; )

Comment

have you ever ridden a fixed gear CB? there is a reason for all the hype.

Comment

Agreed Il Duce, totally agree.

And my somas rub too but i thought you were supposed to ride with the clips up top... haha

That said i got my new (used) crank today with teh 52 tooth. I need a new rear cog haha. 15 isnt quite cutting it. Looks sexy though. Pics tomoro. Its funny, like a month ago i was afraid to put a 42/15 ratio on, i was actually looking for a 39t front sprocket. And now im running 52/15 hahaha

Oh and i need a lock ring tool pretty bad... Maybe ill bring the wheel to the shop when i get my 17t cog.
                              -Chris

Comment

That's definitely the next tool I'm buying.

And I love my fucking bike. You can call me trendy, you can call me a hipster, I really don't care.

All you're going to do is make me love it more because it makes you so damn upset.
                                Last edited by Jand3rson; 01-06-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X