The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's old school for me !

it's all 1972 again... hell even have disc brake out back and a drum up front. That should be the other way around LOL :p
    Attached Files
    it's just a ETA !

Comment

Rb-1

Remember these? Sweet bike. And this one is well done with modern lightweight bits...

Click image for larger version

Name:	RB-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	7160209

Steel is Real!

Comment

^ Yes I remember I have a MB-Zip.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

Steel is Real!

Amen a my first bike was an 83 Saronni built by Colnago. Broke the braze-ons at the seat stays. Sad day to have to re-weld and repaint. Such s lovely ride though. Modern carbon is just as fun though

Sent from my Note 2
          Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Carbon is fun but I dunno how well it'll stand the test of time. And resonates noises like nobodies business...
            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
              Carbon is fun but I dunno how well it'll stand the test of time. And resonates noises like nobodies business...
              My carbon De Rosa is 8 years old and I'm 205lbs. All good. The resonating sound is awesome, especially disc wheels...

Comment

Today's tube fail. Thorn from all the inner-city riding (lol @ Salt Lake's "inner city"), flat by the end of work...spare tube is torn at the valve stem...walks home...

Comment

My two bitches...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                    Today's tube fail. Thorn from all the inner-city riding (lol @ Salt Lake's "inner city"), flat by the end of work...spare tube is torn at the valve stem...walks home...
                    I hate that. I once heard that loud fsst-fsst-fsst from the front tire as it spun, crossing a bridge in Seattle on the way home from work. Flat in 50 feet. No spares. Busses done running that route. Walked home 7 miles in cleats. Stupid...

(BTW - I love DeRosas!)

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                      I hate that. I once heard that loud fsst-fsst-fsst from the front tire as it spun, crossing a bridge in Seattle on the way home from work. Flat in 50 feet. No spares. Busses done running that route. Walked home 7 miles in cleats. Stupid...

(BTW - I love DeRosas!)
                      Me too they're so classy

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
                        My carbon De Rosa is 8 years old and I'm 205lbs. All good. The resonating sound is awesome, especially disc wheels...
                        Sure, but 8 years I don't see as being particularly old. I see more than a few steel frames that are 20+ years old & still ride-able every season. I personally own a Peugeot PX-10 from the early 70's that is still in OK condition & that's not even a high end frame. I seriously doubt that many, if any carbon frames will hold up that long. Shoot, I see worn out carbon bars from 6-8 years ago regularly and they aren't even 1/4 as complex as a complete carbon frame.
                        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                          Sure, but 8 years I don't see as being particularly old. I see more than a few steel frames that are 20+ years old & still ride-able every season. I personally own a Peugeot PX-10 from the early 70's that is still in OK condition & that's not even a high end frame. I seriously doubt that many, if any carbon frames will hold up that long. Shoot, I see worn out carbon bars from 6-8 years ago regularly and they aren't even 1/4 as complex as a complete carbon frame.

That's a fair assessment. I think of it as the same paradigm as a racing motor; built to perform and not to last. Strong. Light. Cheap. Pick two, and the high-end carbon frame builders aim for strong light and pricey and the frames and wheels really last (zipp, lightweight, Mavic). My monocoque trek lasted forever racing and my Saronni steel frame and Cannondale cad 10 broke. High End steel doesn't last as well because it just uses thin tubing with higher carbon content, despite being triple butted it whatever

Sent from my Note 2

Comment

spotted on ebay: ($2900)
                            Colnago OvalMaster Titanio
                            Record gruppo 55 cm

Click image for larger version

Name:	Colnago OvalMaster titanio Record.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	7160300

Comment

Got a '13 S-Works Enduro 26" in today for a customer. I'll post pics after I get it built.

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post

This is my daily commuter, nothing too crazy just form follow function
                                mine. riding without a brake in the city is illegal you know ;)

E46t

Comment

Working...
                                X