The "Post pics of your home theater" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by psloan
    Do you have 6 remote controls?
    Unfortunately, as is the case with having several components.

    I'll soon have one that controls everything. True, software-programmable remotes are the way to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by thull
    I have a good relationship with the local dealer, he set me up with his dealer info, etc. I basically told him I would enjoy the product more if I programmed it myself, which certainly held true, and I also was his first customer to have one so he wanted my feedback and wanted to see how I set it up - you could say he wanted a 'fresh view' from what his installers typically did.

    I love the RP-6 - I think it really makes the system. For me, having RF control from anywhere in my loft is perfect - not having to run IR repeaters and worrying about aiming the remote is really nice. I'm not using the 12v switching or RS-232 - yet - but I'm sure it'll come in handy sooner or later. I'm planning on running a ridiculous home automation etc etc etc system in my next home so it will be built from there.

    One thing I missed out on - the new T3 uses WiFi and ip control! The sky is the limit with that bad boy
    Awesome! "Friends in the industry" are good to have, fa sho.

    We just got a T3 at the shop, we're going to start playing with it and trying to figure out just how far we can push it. We also just got one of the RTI code learners, so that should be a fun new toy, also. I'll be getting my T1 pretty soon, I just have to complete a few more of the online training courses to get enough RTI bucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Do you have 6 remote controls?

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Whats a VCR?

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Alright Here you go. Nothing much to look at. But I am a almost 20 year old college student. And it's all mine. :)

    27in TV of death, PS2, XBOX, VCR, Digital Cable, N64 and a 5 disk panasonic receiver, dvd player and 5.1 surround sound.


    Have a cable to my desktop in my bedroom for movies and top gear watching. :)


    Oh ya.. and I have this view when it's nice out. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Thanks for the tip. I will need a longer HDMI soon too.

    Leave a comment:


  • trashcop 80s 80s
    replied
    Originally posted by psloan
    Wow thanks. that's a bargain.
    They are a wholesaler and luckily they do retail to individuals also for slightly higher prices. They have awesome deals on mounting and wiring supplies. Shows you how much of a markup retail stores make. Fuck $100 HDMI cables, the $15 cables they have work just fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
    Wow thanks. that's a bargain.

    Leave a comment:


  • trashcop 80s 80s
    replied
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

    save $80, 1.25in mounting depth. I have one, and it is the same exact thing that Wal-Mart and Best-Buy carry, except it comes without brand packaging.

    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    The same one to hold a 50'' is $100 lol. I'll go grab one tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    This is my 32" Philips in the bedroom on an Init NT-TVM105 Flush Wall Mount. I got it at Best Buy open box for 10.00.





    Leave a comment:


  • psloan
    replied
    What's a good mount if I don't want the TV to be adjustable? I want it as close to the wall as possible.

    Leave a comment:


  • thull
    replied
    I have a good relationship with the local dealer, he set me up with his dealer info, etc. I basically told him I would enjoy the product more if I programmed it myself, which certainly held true, and I also was his first customer to have one so he wanted my feedback and wanted to see how I set it up - you could say he wanted a 'fresh view' from what his installers typically did.

    I love the RP-6 - I think it really makes the system. For me, having RF control from anywhere in my loft is perfect - not having to run IR repeaters and worrying about aiming the remote is really nice. I'm not using the 12v switching or RS-232 - yet - but I'm sure it'll come in handy sooner or later. I'm planning on running a ridiculous home automation etc etc etc system in my next home so it will be built from there.

    One thing I missed out on - the new T3 uses WiFi and ip control! The sky is the limit with that bad boy
    Last edited by thull; 12-09-2007, 02:00 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    thull, how did you go about getting the Theater Touch software to program the T3 and the RP-6? Just curious. The RP-6 is a really nice little piece, we've put a few of those in a few houses, but usually, it's just the T1 by itself.

    Leave a comment:


  • thull
    replied
    LOL @ my picture of course

    Its mens figure skating from the olympics in 05 - say what you will but it was in HD lol

    Here is a movie to single-handedly make up for it: The Cowboy Way



    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Peerless and Omni make the best mounts. If you want an articulating arm type, the Peerless ones are the best. The Omni mounts are a little more modern looking, but way more of a pain in the ass to install.

    I've installed both of these mount several times. The Omni is cooler looking, but if you're into simplicity, the Peerless is the way to go. It's also cheaper, and SO much easier to install.
    Have you ever seen the Chief mounts? It is what holds my plasma, and IMO there is nothing better.

    Style, simplicity, structure (It can support my #215 body weight) The only downside is the price - $600 and up.

    Please don't mind my wiring, there are channels going through the swingarms to hide cables, the bolts holding it to the wall are covered by the black plastic, it makes for a really nice mount.

    Leave a comment:

Working...