Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say you actually "do" in life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently managing the day to day operations of 2 bars and a 3 level club.

Once I finish law school I'l take over the old man's firm or ramp up my DJ'ing and tour the world over.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Electrician. i love my job

i gotta go, i have a meeting with the Bob's
      NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Currently a warehouse manager for a timber flooring importer/wholesaler.

Other things I do....timber machinist, saw/blade doctor/sharpener, mechanic, extremely skilled forklift operation, earthmoving equipment operator (been operating excavator of any size since i was young), diesel fitter, lots of computer related things, graphic design, can use pro/e and solidworks for CAD applications, some metal fabrication, timber trading, courier driving and truck driving (when i get my other licenses). I think that's about it, maybe a few other things too.

Oh, I'm 18 and i don't have any qualification's at all, infact i barely finished school. :)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
        Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
        E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

BMW Parts man... I need to finish going to school so I can do anything that doesnt involve cars. Or go to school and in the mean time get a promotion to parts manager would be fine by me.
          Originally posted by blunt
          i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

CNC Machinist/QC inspector. Current full time student of Industrial Engineering. When a degree is obtained I will move into the engineering dept. of my company.

Comment

civil/structural/environmental designer for an industrial services firm. Funny I wanted to do design when I was in HS, but I went to college for business. Life happens I guess..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

IT Director for an international channel sales company, CTO for a Fortune 500 is my goal
                Last edited by James Crivellone; 12-18-2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell.
                    Great line from an OK movie.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      Currently a warehouse manager for a timber flooring importer/wholesaler.

Other things I do....timber machinist, saw/blade doctor/sharpener, mechanic, extremely skilled forklift operation, earthmoving equipment operator (been operating excavator of any size since i was young), diesel fitter, lots of computer related things, graphic design, can use pro/e and solidworks for CAD applications, some metal fabrication, timber trading, courier driving and truck driving (when i get my other licenses). I think that's about it, maybe a few other things too.

Oh, I'm 18 and i don't have any qualification's at all, infact i barely finished school. :)
                      And do add to this, i'm starting my own small business next year :)

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
                      Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
                      E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by andyman2487 View Post
                        College Student, Mechanical Engineering.........Floating along until graduation
                        +1

Originally posted by vlad
                        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I'm a recall coordinator. My job is to apply "the formula".

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall?

Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                            I'm a recall coordinator. My job is to apply "the formula".

A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall?

Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
                            Nice.

Comment

Take it from one of the older guys on this board- life is too short to spend it working at a job that you HATE or with people that you LOATHE.

Seriously.

One day you'll wake up and wonder WTF happened to your life, and then you'll want to swallow the barrel of a gun when you realize that you've wasted it and you are miserable.

No one is gonna remember you in 100 years, especially the fact that you work long ass hours for a nameless company and are completely miserable. Do something you enjoy.

Spend some more time with family and friends that you love.

My work experience in a nutshell:

Graduated from a large state University with a double major in Business and Spanish.
                              Started working part time as a delivery guy, moved up to full time supervisor in a couple of years. Decided I did not want to supervise a bunch of people- so I went back to being a full time delivery guy until the company laid off everyone out of the blue one day. That was ~3+ years ago. I did nothing for a couple of months, lived off the severance pay. Sold stuff on Ebay, sold some BMW parts (still do occasionally). I worked for a vintage race prep shop on a part time basis, working on cars and travelling to vintage races providing trackside support for customers cars- that was FUN. Worked for a couple of weeks for a Euro only junkyard. I've worked part time for the past ~3 years for a company that makes commercial cleaning chemicals- still with them, and they want me to be their Full time OPS manager but I don't think they are willing to pay me what I am worth. We are still negotiating but I am reluctant to settle for less than what I want.

The one thing I wish I had done differently- study a little in college. I NEVER studied- ever. Made mostly B's and C's. Not bragging, that's just how it was. I was bored most of the time- I *SHOULD* have buckled down and studied a little bit. If I studied 2-3 hours a week, I probably could have gotten straight A's.

Oh, I bought a house in 1987 after graduating from college- right when I started working part time, on the advice of my parents. I paid for that house in full a couple of years ago- then we sold it and moved to my wife's parents former house and we're building a new house on the same property (farm). We hope to have it paid for with the $$$ we got selling the other house. Never had a car payment, dont' want to have a mortgage payment if we can avoid it.

Never made more than ~$40k per year, sometimes alot less. Wife never made more than ~$35k per year, and she has not been working for about 5 years now. So, it does not take $100k to make ends meet- in most cases. If the cost of living is too high- MOVE.

We don't live above our means, but we go out to eat and spend $$$ on things we enjoy doing, whenever we want to do them. We have travelled throughout Europe several times, and usually take at least a couple of short trips every year within the US.

That's all I've got.

Comment

i deliver pizzas, and work in a soda/sand blasting shop

i hope to own my own pizza place before i turn 26.

i also plan on going back to school to get a job that pays better, while still being able to slang pies at night. best job ever, srsly.

and :tup: to ringmaster, i have friends that are engineers and financial advisors and all that shit and they always complain about how unhappy they are while driving their evo's and mk5 glis. god, so predictable. srsly, buy something ELSE that everyone ELSE thinks is cool.

im happy working my ass off at 2 jobs i enjoy, while working with great people, and driving my shitty bmw and my shitty honda accord
                                Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
                                driving boards?

Comment

Working...
                                X