Vw Or E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vw Or E30

how many of you guys or gals love vdubs too, i love them, mk2's are my fav. i ask cuz i think they have te same kind of cult following , come one ppl chime in , ill start

i have had 5 mk2's and 2 driving bimmers 1 e30 1 e34 i have owned 3 more e30's that ihave used for parts.

love em both the same for diff. reasons.

I'm into the MK1 VW stuff but anything newer, in my opinion, got too plasticy. E30 hands down in my book. They aren't really comparable. VWs are VWs, E30s are BMWs. ;)

Comment

^^^ Yes!! the avatar is back. I like tuhtles!!:D Oh yea and I had an 89 golf once, it was ok, went above and beyond the $300 I paid for it.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not that big of VW fan but i do like the older VW stuff. Like a clean bug,

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I also come from a vw background. My screen name speaks for itself. The progression in cars is to go from front wheel to rear wheel drive. I made 600+whp in my last VW and traction and massive under steer was my main gripes. At least being rear wheel drive takes away from most of those problems.

I went with the E30 build because of the classic lines and simplicity of the car. It gets more respect and provides me with what I look for in an automobile.

I am currently hunting for the right E30 M3 but after my visit to SFGTG this weekend and running into an old friend. I might climb back into a late model Porsche 911.

Friend of mine picked this up in this condition, 92 911 with 64k miles clean title, never wrecked for $15.5k a few months ago. Its tan leather and tiptronic. I cant even find a nice M3 for that price range. He says he finds them all the time like this. I called him out and told him to find me one!

Well see!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I like clean looking gti's, not really a fan of aircooled stuff though. I've had a 1.8t fwd gti and it had more problems that I care to write about. I traded it in after 1 year of owning it (tranny and electrical problems). My all time fave VW was the 04 r32, I absolutely loved that car.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I felt the VW's and scene became crap in 99 when the 1.8t came out. The honda crowd moved over because they could put a blow off valve on it for the sound. The quality of cars started to fall once they took production out of Germany. My GTI was made mostly in Mexico and being a VR the price for parts should have been Porsche. Damn the oil filter at the time was 20 bucks while the E36 M filter was half that.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

after 92 vw went way down hill , my last gti was an eight valve with a cam and killer suspension, had sooo much fun in that car , the kid i sold it to just emailed me and told me the t-belt broke, i want to buy it back and fix it , i think i may.

Comment

I got a soft spot for mk2's and i want to own a nice clean Vr6 GTI one day for a DD but i'm sorta hesitant....I had a 4dr 90 golf as a winter beater this year and it was very nice and good on gas until the front subframe rusted out leaving me to take the bus for the rest of this winter. Couldn't be bothered fixing it since i was pissed and sold it for scrap. I still like VWs and some Audi's.

Before i bought my 3rd e30 i was thinking to make a change over to the mk2s...I'm glad some local e30 guys talked me out of it.:D

Comment

VW's are awsome. I love my MKII.

Comment

i started in air cooled vw's 1958 ragtop with a 1966cc blow through turbo erco custom spun alum 2 piece wheels and a frameworks nhra legal 6 point cage.
                      i went to watercooled mark-2 vw's and built a super clean 85 a-2 jetta 4 door GLI (8V) with 88 doors, 91 bumpers and trim, took a junk yard low comp 1.8 and built a gti head dual springs/ ti retainers, schrick 292 (i think) cam...it was soooo big i had to clearance the lifter valleys so it would rotate, and P & P'ed the head to gasket size, cc'ed the chambers, and unshrouded the valves. that had a top speed of 135mph with the gl r & p and stock gears. i replaced that with a crazy 2.0 bubble block 16v with a dean lowery P & P head, autotech cam set, full balance, custom oil baffles, arp hardware through out, giac chip, 42mm intake that i ported to 46mm, ported exhaust manifold jet-hot coated, ported T/B, piggy back auto-tech enrichment, lightened flywheel, euro down pipe and a TT catback with a dtm rear muffler. (i was never happy with the tune though, i should have gone standalone and was going to go with the badger-5 itb's). it also had adj koni's and coil overs, strut ties, hollow sway bars, audi turbo quattro calipers and g-60 rotors, ss lines, rx-7 oil cooler, g-60 flares, recarro interior, schroth belts, momo steering wheel, audi rear power windows, full respray mars red, urethane motor mounts and a custom made urethane front mount made by me, and a bunch of stuff i have forgotten about. i am reusing the wheels off of it on my 325i.

i went to Porsche's and built a 73 914-6 with a 2.4 euro S motor. i drove that for about a year as a daily (not practical at all). i REALLY missed the jetta, but wanted a rear wheel drive car this time with the same lines of the jetta....so that brought me to my 91 325i....my new money pit
                      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        I also come from a vw background. My screen name speaks for itself. The progression in cars is to go from front wheel to rear wheel drive. I made 600+whp in my last VW and traction and massive under steer was my main gripes. At least being rear wheel drive takes away from most of those problems.

I went with the E30 build because of the classic lines and simplicity of the car. It gets more respect and provides me with what I look for in an automobile.

I am currently hunting for the right E30 M3 but after my visit to SFGTG this weekend and running into an old friend. I might climb back into a late model Porsche 911.

Friend of mine picked this up in this condition, 92 911 with 64k miles clean title, never wrecked for $15.5k a few months ago. Its tan leather and tiptronic. I cant even find a nice M3 for that price range. He says he finds them all the time like this. I called him out and told him to find me one!

Well see!

just say no to tiptronic!!!!!!

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by FLUTE007 View Post
                            after 92 vw went way down hill , my last gti was an eight valve with a cam and killer suspension, had sooo much fun in that car , the kid i sold it to just emailed me and told me the t-belt broke, i want to buy it back and fix it , i think i may.
                            you speak the truth!!! i have almost never seen a mk 111 without the interior falling apart. it was like they forgot the meaning of build quality.
                            building and ragging on a mk-11 is like banging a hot girl...a fun ride everytime.

building and ragging on a mk-111 is like nailing a fat girl, it's slow, sloppy, all over the place, and ....you hope your friends don't see you with it!

Comment

I agree but for $15k come on now, beggars cant be choosers! And thats a freaking hot ass color! He says the car is comfortable at the 180mph range, thats about all I would want these days!

Comment

Working...
                              X