No announcement yet.

Vw Or E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my own experiences show me that, at least up here in the PNW, the VW crowd is a step above the others. I was into honda/acura when I was young, ended up with a few nissans and that "crew" drove me away soooo damn fast. there are always some "smug" or "a-hole" crews in any type of car crowd tho ... anyway, I went from VW to BMW totally on accident, literally. I wrecked my '06 Rabbit and was looking for a MKII Jetta coupe and stumbled upon this '84 318 that was just freakin immaculate and all original 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      their old fuel ejection sucked some major balls though!
      Is the fuel ejection program some kind of proprietery system on VWs? What exactly was wrong with their fuel ejection?

Is it comparable to the charcoal canister? If so, what could possibly go wrong? Does it leak?
      R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

the vw fuel injection wasnt a prob. its the diagnostic part of it is what sucked, you cant just plug into them and get your p0xxx you have to do tests to determine the problem, however the fuel injection its self was very good, even the digi set up was good, you just need to understand it,

Comment

VW CIS ftl
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

cis , not bad for its time , these days it blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              their old fuel ejection sucked some major balls though!
              CIS was OK, simple to work with, pretty easy to tune, you just had to learn about it

CIS-E even easier to tune, had a knock box that would pull back the timing so you could give it 8 DEG (i think ) initial timing which really woke them up, you could also use a piggyback enrichment module.

CIS-E Motronic the next step in the CIS evolution same as above, but run at a higher pressure, had some limited diag abilities with a reader, chip tunable.

all the CIS systems were great for performance. CIS =constant injection system. porsche and volvo used the same system for ever even on their race cars

DIGIFANT was vw's attempt at making their own FI system, i worked ok for stock DD driving, sucked for performance driving/tuning. it was also pulsed injection
              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370063418.159250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	7156423
                Used to drive a mk2 16v
                Brought that when it was 4 years old

Now these 2
                The best of both worlds
                All stock no mods at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

E30 hands down. For VW's MK1 or bust
                  I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                  Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

wow five year thread bump
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

Mk1 GTi or nothing.
                      2011 1M Alpine white/black
                      1996 Civic white/black
                      1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                        wow five year thread bump
                        Yeah, I was initially going to get pissed, but the post, though dated, was relevant.
                        88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                        We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

back from the dead eh?

Gotta be BMW over VW for sure, although several years ago my answer would have been much different

I used to be a huge VW guy, had a bone stock mark 3 jetta i bought for my first car when i was 16, rebuilt the motor/trans, boosted it, lowered it, re-upolhstered the interior etc etc, learned alot of what i know about working on, fixing, and modifying cars.

I Used to hate BMWs for the stereotypes that surrounded the brand, was die hard for VWs and the quirkiness they brought, seemed to fit my personality better, or so i thought

this is when i lived in NY, and i always had winter/beater cars, so i never drove the jetta in the winter. Well it just so happened i picked up my old e30 as one of my beaters, which is what brought me to the dark side

i still have a soft spot for VW scene, although I just got back from a VW show in Vegas, cant say im happy in how the younger generation was behaving, a lot of high school-ish attitude, burnouts/revving/douche-ness at a relatively chill show ive been going to for several years. That crap is always there, just seemed a lot more prevalent this year, idn maybe im just getting old lol

the old jetta

Comment

Both mk1 and the e30 have there place on my drive
                            Both are solid cars

I sit on the fence on this one

OO ||| OO + O w O

Comment

it lives again!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A friend of mine had an MK3 golf, but once he started to find oil INSIDE the electrical wires- the time was up and he sold it and now is riding around in an ETA.

I have a '08 B7 A4 (AKA an expensive AWD Passat) and I hate it. 1qt oil for every 1,200mi.
                                555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                                '95 BMW e34 525i
                                '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
                                '92 Range Rover Classic
                                '90 Range Rover Classic
                                '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
                                '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
                                '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
                                '67 Pontiac LeMans
                                '24 Model T Depot Hack
                                ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Working...
                                X