Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post

Blackbird, about 15 years ago we flew a mission where I loaded a CF-105 on our jet and it's at WPAFB to go into the Cold War exhibit at some point. Was an easy load to put on the jet. Next jets are going to be drones...F22 and F35 are pushing the scope of what a pilot can take physically.
    I'd have to guess it was a replica of some sort. I'd also have to wonder why it would be going into the Cold War Exhibit as it wasn't a US plane. Please tell me you got some pics. As far as I know, all that remains of an arrow are the cockpit and wing tips of RL206 and a pair of Iroquois engines (not from the same source either) There have been a couple static replica's made, but they are little more than shells that look like the real thing.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

No pictures as those were days of simple digital camera point and shoot. Might not have been a 105 but it's a 100 series I know that. I will ask the historian,maybe he has some photos they usually go on missions that we move strange stuff. The came France when we picked up the Box Car that hauled American POW's and Jewish prisioners in WWii. That's at WPAFB to in the WWII section.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

It might have been an F105 Thunderchief, aka The Thud. Might have been this one no less as its from the USAF Museum.

Clearly different from the CF-105 Arrow.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nope I know what Thud's look like. Can remember seeing them fly at airshows when I was a kid. That and many of the TAC bases I was stationed/TDY at would have one on a stick as well.

Heck I remember the F86 being flown at Osan in the mid 80's they towed targets for the F4's that were there and for Kunsan's F16A &B's.

Comment

One of these parked in our hangar today:

Interesting to see all the visible exterior mods, the not-really-a-MAD-boom is massive compared to a regular P3/CP140
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

What are they doing flying an old P3 around? Never mind NOAA falls under them now

That's Miss Piggy

Last edited by M-technik-3; 01-20-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Nope I know what Thud's look like. Can remember seeing them fly at airshows when I was a kid. That and many of the TAC bases I was stationed/TDY at would have one on a stick as well.

Heck I remember the F86 being flown at Osan in the mid 80's they towed targets for the F4's that were there and for Kunsan's F16A &B's.
                Hmm, where did you pick the 105 up from? That might shed some light on things.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Not sure it was a 105 but I do know it was not a Voodoo or a Thud. It was near Toronto?

Comment

Not sure it was a 105 but I do know it was not a Voodoo or a Thud. It was near Toronto?
                    The fact that it was near Toronto is VERY interesting. The AVRO plant was just outside of Toronto. The one that is rumored to have escaped is supposedly stored in what is now a Post office warehouse, a few miles from the airport. Still, HIGHLY unlikely that it was an Arrow, but as you can see from the pics, its a very distinct looking bird. Even in pieces, the pieces are distinct looking.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

I bet it was a CF-100 Canuck that you guys hauled out.

There is one of those at WP in the Cold War exhibit that did come out of Trenton near Toronto.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

What are they doing flying an old P3 around? Never mind NOAA falls under them now

That's Miss Piggy

I didn't take the picture, but I guess I lucked out, because it is.

I think they head out sometime after 4pm and are usually back before I arrive at 0730. Also have two CT-114 tutors sitting in there this week, one's a Snowbird, and the other is a museum piece. Both here for paint, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                          I bet it was a CF-100 Canuck that you guys hauled out.

There is one of those at WP in the Cold War exhibit that did come out of Trenton near Toronto.

Will
                          I think that is correct. It was Trenton as I remember the Irish Bar now that we hung out at/ lol

Comment

737 max

Does anyone know what the hump is on the rear roof of the new 737 MAX? Is it just for the testing phase, or part of the plane? Seems a bit odd, but maybe it's in a low-drag area.

I like the new wings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boeing-737-max.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	7182117

Comment

Ku band antenna by Global Eagle. Sattelite broadband.

Comment

Found a pic of the first A/C I ever worked on, just doing its thing.

I love these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X