Don't even sit in your car drunk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't even sit in your car drunk...

Well, I'll probably get flamed for this, but I thought I'd share this story in case anyone is ignorant of the law like I was. This happened in February.

I was pretty intoxicated on a Friday night while out with my friends. Around one they told me they were leaving to go to a house party, but I elected to stay because I thought I was going home with some girl.

At the end of the night, I ended up not going home with her (probably babbled something retarded), and I had no ride. I didn't want to walk home in the snow, and was too stupid to get a cab, so I thought it would be a good idea to just sleep in my car. The police walk around downtown just patrolling the area around the bars and one of them saw me asleep in the car. Long story short, they knocked on the window, asked me what I was doing, I told them and then I got arrested. I was confused because I honestly didn't think I was breaking the law, but I had the key in the ignition (engine on for heat) and that is in fact illegal.

So I was booked and charged with, "Physical Control of a Motor Vehicle While Under the Influence". The case should be closed this week, my attorney negotiated with the prosecutor to a reduced charge of Negligent Driving.

So in case you are ignorant like me and weren't aware of this law, now you are. Don't do what I did.

PS: This is not a "fuck the police" thread or anything like that. I know I was in the wrong, I'm just giving a heads up.

Ive done something like that were i decided to sleep in car. I knew about the law though and placed the keys in the wheel well.
    If in doubt... Flat out

Comment

Don't you watch "Everybody Loves Raymond"? same shit happened to Debra..Thats the only way I knew about this.
      Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
      LSx e36TI coming soon
      Originally posted by s0urce
      Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Yup, fortunately I was aware of that, and fortunately not due to being busted for it. Keys OUT of the ignition or as far as theyre concerned you could just drive off plastered.

Comment

damn, that's really fkd up... if you ask me, that's just a case of some asshole police. A guy goes out, parties and has the mind and consideration to just crash in his car and still gets arrested!!!? GTFOH!

Comment

yah i already knew that one. thats why i sit in the passenger side seat with the keys in my pocket and sleep it off.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Yep that situation is all about keys out of the ignition. But that is retardedly homo of the cop, when you're trying to do the responsible thing.

Comment

Good thing you were smart enough to sleep it out, sorry about getting booked though!
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

What about staring the engine for heat, but sleeping in the back seat?
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    I've almost always heard, it doesn't matter where you are in the car, if the keys are in the ignition, then you're S.O.L. Now a good lawyer would probably be able to get you out of it, if you where in the back seat and it was cold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                      A friend of a friend was given a DUI for doing that. "Intent to drive while intoxicated."

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Further proof that the US has a very immature outlook on alcohol. Whilst there are thousands of deaths attributed to drunk driving (and I don't mean to undermind the subject by any means,) it often seems that the US goes too far to prevent alcohol from leaving the bar. Europe seems to have a much more relaxed view of alcohol and its consumption.
                        - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                        E36 325i sedan
                        E30 325i sedan
                        Volvo 945T

Comment

wait wait, you said walk home in the snow? isnt it may 31?
                          lol sorry, it just jumped out at me.
                          Did you also know you can be given a DUI if you are riding a horse drunk? or even riding a bike lmao?

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                          function>form

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
                            wait wait, you said walk home in the snow? isnt it may 31?
                            lol sorry, it just jumped out at me.
                            Did you also know you can be given a DUI if you are riding a horse drunk? or even riding a bike lmao?

He did say it happened back in February.

I knew of this law years ago.

Comment

Wow - can't you still get a drunk in public if you are passed out drunk in a car on city streets?

I "cab it" if I even have 1 drink.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X