George Carlin dead at 71

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie
    You know, I remember watching that one a few months ago on HBO, and I said "damn, he looks old". He seemed kind of frail during that performance.

    -Charlie
    Same here, I have it recorded on my DVR. I thought he looked really old and weak. But it was still hilarious.

    Can you imagine being the doctors treating himi in the hospital he was in when he died? What a patient to lose.

    Leave a comment:


  • Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon325i
    Fellas-

    Just browsing YouTube for George Carlin stuff. Type in his name with the phrase "It's Bad For Ya". This was his last recorded performance for HBO on March 1, 2008 in Santa Rosa, CA. Below is the link to part 1 of 7. Just follow the rest as it goes.



    Jon
    You know, I remember watching that one a few months ago on HBO, and I said "damn, he looks old". He seemed kind of frail during that performance.

    -Charlie

    Leave a comment:


  • Miasma
    replied
    A real shame, R.I.P.

    Leave a comment:


  • RedHoodRidah
    replied
    This guy was hilarious. I loved watching his HBO specials and such. Well as his attitude was he most likely didn't want people to feel bad for him so Hopefully he used his "2 minute warning" lol. RIP GC

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    Rip

    Leave a comment:


  • Tavern Gnome
    replied
    Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Too bad. He was one funny piece of work.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    This one is my favorite, especially the first couple minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    Fellas-

    Just browsing YouTube for George Carlin stuff. Type in his name with the phrase "It's Bad For Ya". This was his last recorded performance for HBO on March 1, 2008 in Santa Rosa, CA. Below is the link to part 1 of 7. Just follow the rest as it goes.



    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    r.i.p

    Leave a comment:


  • Jparkr
    replied
    damn it, What a huge downer... I remember hearing his traffic accident stuff for the first time and i fell in love with his humor.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Carlin was the man! RIP

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    he'll be like Tupac of comedy, except funny.

    RIP.

    Leave a comment:


  • submwar
    replied
    A true leader of the anti-establishment comedy movement. Seven Dirty Words routine is going down in history.

    RIP George Carlin

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    This is a big-time bummer. The world of comedy has lost its very best :-(

    My first exposure to some of Carlin's material was back in the late 80s (high school days for me).....Carlin at Carnegie, specifically. Never had I laughed so hard at stand up comedy. On two occasions he was in town to do live performances - both which I attended. Money very well spent in my opinion.

    Thank you George for the many laughs.

    Jon

    Leave a comment:

Working...