The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Funny you dig that up after corrected.
    What, precisely are you referring to?

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Some of us live outside the dinosaur museum!
    But not Palin. Which was the observation that started this.

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    As for Bush declaring a day....
    What about "No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God"?

    If that isn't ramming GW's version of christianity down our throats, and condemning anyone who doesn't see it his way, I don't know what is.....

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    You link to the dinosaur creation page. No one has the answer. No one! Thats what keeps religion around!
    I used that as an example of how easy it is for ANY religious group to claim they have all the answers. That they have retired their construction debts within 3 years means they've convinced a lot of people. And they pay no taxes!

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by Raginl3ull
    Exactly, Vedubin is the perfect manifestation of what happens when fed. We finally agree hoooraaay!
    Join July 08 and with low post count. Chalking posts in threads like this? TROLL! Show us a picture of your E30? Tell us a bit about your E30 and what have you done in the E30 community that warrants you not a troll?

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    Raginl3ull - Things don't have to be explicitly written for me to be able to predict your thought process.

    Another wrong assumption. You think I am playing the reverse psychology card? You think I care if he bans me? You don't know me so don't pretend you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Funny you dig that up after corrected. But what ever, I am also at work, working on other things trying to answer back as I can get time to do so. Some of us live outside the dinosaur museum!

    As for Bush declaring a day. Who cares... does that effect or harm you in any way? The other day was vegetarian day... I eat meat, did not offend me in any way?

    You link to the dinosaur creation page. No one has the answer. No one! Thats what keeps religion around!
    You don't get high on 4.20?

    SHAME ON YOU

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Religion should be left out of this thread, Farbin already has a thread for that.


    McCain maybe supported by christian base, but as fucking insane as that bunch is, they are on the same short yellow bus with Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Funny you dig that up after corrected. But what ever, I am also at work, working on other things trying to answer back as I can get time to do so. Some of us live outside the dinosaur museum!

    As for Bush declaring a day. Who cares... does that effect or harm you in any way? The other day was vegetarian day... I eat meat, did not offend me in any way.

    You link to the dinosaur creation page. No one has the answer. No one! Thats what keeps religion around!
    Last edited by Vedubin01; 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01

    Exactly, Vedubin is the perfect manifestation of what happens when fed. We finally agree hoooraaay!

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Raginl3ull - Things don't have to be explicitly written for me to be able to predict your thought process.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by Raginl3ull
    Of course I read the thread before I joined it, another poor assumption on your part. But I was also under the impression that moderators were not dictators...You single ME out? And then reinforce that you will KEEP the ones who are with you? Ban me dude, it will only reinforce how biased and abusive you are as a moderator. Go ahead, set the record straight so that everyone who opposes you or your views on this board will be banned. DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!

    He's banned me before. I don't think he's taking sides.

    Leave a comment:


  • Old'n'Slow
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    As far as your attacks on religion, you attack Christianity very hard. Again I do not see or have seen a President of this Country force his/her personal beliefs on the people of the United States.
    Bush himself said:

    No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

    "Therefore, I, George W. Bush, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June 10, 2000, Jesus Day in Texas and urge the appropriate recognition whereof, In official recognition whereof, I hereby affix my signature this 17th day of April, 2000."

    "We receive our rights from God."
    "The decision points up the fact that we need common-sense judges who understand that our rights were derived from God. Those are the kind of judges I intend to put on the bench."


    You were saying.....?

    And as an extreme example of why religion should be kept out of politics:

    "Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."

    Guess who?


    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Why don’t you come out and say all religions? Obama is also Christian, or so he claims.
    OK. All religions should be separate from politics. But we all know it would be political suicide for anyone running for office in this country to claim they were anything but a proper, god-fearing christian, true?

    At least Obama has not aligned himself with other witless fools. i.e. Dobson, Robertson, Hagee, et. al.

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Personal faith people take very seriously.
    Like disabled people take crutches and other aids very seriously. :)

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    You cant explain where everything came from.
    I don't. But these people can. And they can prove it!

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    The answer is not "well its always been there"
    Who said it was?

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Though Religion does not have solid scientific fact on how things started, it was what this country was founded on.
    It has <no> scientific evidence. And as to the Founding Fathers, let us not forget that this was a time in history when superstition ruled, people believed in witches, that miasmas (A poisonous atmosphere formerly thought to rise from swamps and putrid matter) caused disease, and women were not fit to be allowed to vote or participate in matters of church and state. Of course, slavery was approved and sanctioned at that time as well!

    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    .....or say the pledge of a legions......
    The original Pledge of Allegiance did not include the phrase "under god". It was included in 1954-the Age of McCarthyism and Commie-phobia.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    ^ now he's going to ban you because you think he won't because you told him to.

    I'm sorry? Where does it say that I don't think he won't?

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    ^ now he's going to ban you because you think he won't because you told him to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raginl3ull
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    Check out the thread before you joined it? Your first post was also an offbased attack at Vedubin in half a sentance.

    Wikipedia is a very credible source for the information he was trying to convey. If someone is looking to get a good general idea of what something is (i.e. Socialism) then reading through Wikipedia is a great place to go. Wikipedia also does a great job keeping accurate information in the more popular topics out there, and I think Socialism would fall into that. He also backed that up with other sources you didn't point out, so you are just as good as the media that pulls things out of context trying to make people look bad.

    I will also leave my warning directly at you and keep Vedubin and Aptyp (funny you didn't point out the guys that are on your side) in the general warning.


    Now for me to reply to one of your earlier posts.
    Attack you say? How is questioning the credibility of his source an attack? Did you see me further question when stated he cited the dictionary, no because I was content that he found a RELIABLE source? Apparently, you missed that Vedubin acknowledged the questionable integrity of Wikipedia and again, even made it a point to use a second reference as a contingency. The fact that you are stating Wikepidia is a reliable/credible source shows how much you know about its content and how it can be edited by anyone at anytime, it is not governed nor fact checked against or even verified. And you call that an attack?


    I will also leave my warning directly at you and keep Vedubin and Aptyp

    Of course I read the thread before I joined it, another poor assumption on your part. But I was also under the impression that moderators were not dictators...You single ME out? And then reinforce that you will KEEP the ones who are with you? Ban me dude, it will only reinforce how biased and abusive you are as a moderator. Go ahead, set the record straight so that everyone who opposes you or your views on this board will be banned. DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    I just dislike being manipulated into supporting a war that is being fought for the wrong causes (because it's 'unpatriotic' not to).
    + every member on this forum

    Noone can disagree with that statement. We were treated like children.

    Leave a comment:

Working...