No announcement yet.

Valkyrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the fuck is everybody so concerned with Tom Cruise's private life? Were people calling him a shitty actor before his religion became widely known? No, he was and still is considered a great actor regardless of his personal beliefs. Minority Report, The Last Samurai, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Born on the Fourth of July, etc. were all great performances. If you think Valkyrie was awful then you must not have seen a movie in the past 10 years because Valkyrie is a masterpiece compared to some of the garbage that comes out of Hollywood these days.

Comment

I never considered him a good actor by any means. I did like minority report, though. Sorry to say, that if I consider an actor a douchebag in real life, I usually am not interested in seeing their movies. Goes for many actors. I usually dont give a fuck about an actors personal beliefs, but Tom has some beliefs that hit close to my heart so it makes a difference. Im not saying Im boycotting their movies, Im just saying I make no effort to see them. But then again, it takes a lot for me to want to see a movie. And you have a point about the garbage being put out.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
      1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
      1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

masterpiece in comparison? holy shit. what blows my mind is what people consider good movies now a days. MAN what crap thats on the big screen.

i'm not saying everything is bad - Minority Report and Vanilla Sky were pretty good, but probably more so because i'm a guy and dig the action flicks... but seriously speaking of Tom's "character" as an actor. He stinks! His character is bland, it doesnt appear that he tries to be a character, he's just himself and his personal self shows into each role he plays and taints the film. He doesnt become that character, its just Tom in another movie.
        You want an example of a true character? how about Heath Ledger in Dark Knight? Now that movie was pretty good, i'm enjoying the BM reboot but this movie became more of the same of Hollywood but still has potential to have an even better third movie. More on point, damn that was some acting! So much so it killed him and i know anything about him is beating a dead horse but i'm just making the point that THATS acting!
        I dont think i have to say anything more about Tom to deliver that his acting is just bad. I REALLY do think that Valkyrie could have been a little better with a different lead character.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
          I never considered him a good actor by any means. I did like minority report, though. Sorry to say, that if I consider an actor a douchebag in real life, I usually am not interested in seeing their movies. Goes for many actors. I usually dont give a fuck about an actors personal beliefs, but Tom has some beliefs that hit close to my heart so it makes a difference. Im not saying Im boycotting their movies, Im just saying I make no effort to see them. But then again, it takes a lot for me to want to see a movie. And you have a point about the garbage being put out.

Mariano
          He ran shit in Top Gun..

"You complete me"
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Vanilla Sky? Magnolia? Ive never even heard of Born on Fourth of July. Come on fruit cake scientologist. Top Gun and Jerry McGuire were good, but thats it. Besides that, hes a tool. Id like to punch him in his face.... but I plan on seeing Valkyrie, it looks solid. Maybe it'll be one of three not gay movies hes in.
            Originally posted by blunt
            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Vanilla Sky and Magnolia were awesome. Born on the Fourth of July is pretty badass too.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
                Why the fuck is everybody so concerned with Tom Cruise's private life? Were people calling him a shitty actor before his religion became widely known? No, he was and still is considered a great actor regardless of his personal beliefs. Minority Report, The Last Samurai, A Few Good Men, Jerry Maguire, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Born on the Fourth of July, etc. were all great performances. If you think Valkyrie was awful then you must not have seen a movie in the past 10 years because Valkyrie is a masterpiece compared to some of the garbage that comes out of Hollywood these days.
                I agree. He's a total kook off screen, but he's a great actor and really gets into each role. I'd be stoked to have him on set if I were a director.
                Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Really gets into each role.. yet has no German accent in the move. Right.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

German critics maul Cruise as anti-Hitler hero

German critics savaged Tom Cruise's portrayal of Adolf Hitler's would-be killer in "Valkyrie" ahead of the film's release here this week, but relished a homegrown hero getting the Hollywood treatment.

"Valkyrie" has been one of the most keenly awaited new releases in Germany this winter, thanks to the legendary status of its subject -- Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg -- and a string of controversies during its production.
                    Although expectations were low here for Cruise in the role of the Prussian aristocrat who dared to make an attempt on the Fuehrer's life, several critics said even those modest hopes were disappointed.
                    "Cruise forms the flat, expressionless centre of the film around which the input of the remaining cast and crew fades away like a spectre -- and it is not the fault of the eye patch that the wounded Stauffenberg wears," the chief critic of Berlin's daily Tagesspiegel, Jan Schulz-Ojala, wrote.
                    "The efforts of the other actors seem well-nigh grotesque next to the stony-faced acting of the film's star."
                    Cruise donned a Nazi officer's uniform in the US-German production to play Stauffenberg, who placed a bomb under a table in Hitler's eastern headquarters in East Prussia on July 20, 1944 in a failed bid to end the disastrous war.
                    The Nazi leader escaped with slight injuries because the briefcase carrying the explosives was moved behind a sturdy leg of the oak table by an unwitting aide.
                    Stauffenberg and other conspirators were rounded up and executed, making them martyrs of the German resistance whose memory has been carefully tended in the postwar years.
                    However a descendant of Stauffenberg called Cruise, who will attend the Berlin premiere Tuesday, too stiff, too short and too dull to play the real-life plotter.
                    "Tom Cruise seems terribly cautious, almost as if he were afraid of playing the role. He tries to seem elegant but comes across as extremely stiff," Franz von Stauffenberg told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper.
                    "He seems not at all decisive in the role and above all not charismatic enough. On the whole he just seems too small."
                    The makers of "Valkyrie" ran into resistance when they tried to film in Germany because of Cruise's membership of the Church of Scientology, which is seen here as a dangerous sect.
                    Authorities initially denied the cast and crew permission to film at the Bendlerblock, a complex of buildings in Berlin where Operation Valkyrie was planned and where Stauffenberg and other conspirators were executed.
                    But they eventually acquiesced after a number of high-profile commentators noted the image-building potential of a global star portraying a dashing German who dared to face down the Nazis.
                    "If you read the reviews from America ...you see precisely what a risk a Hollywood star is taking by putting on a Wehrmacht uniform and occasionally, albeit under duress, lifting his arm and saying 'Heil Hitler'," the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung said in a full-page, largely positive review.
                    The respected daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung was also pleasantly surprised by the movie.
                    "Based on everything the film was accused of and how much could have gone wrong, you could almost call it a triumph," it said.
                    Culture minister Bernd Neumann hailed the film as "successfully helping a chapter of German history that is little-known abroad becoming common knowledge". Berlin even subsidised the film to the tune of 4.8 million euros (6.3 million dollars).
                    But a conservative MP refused to let the Scientology issue die quietly, calling for a boycott of the premiere over Cruise's membership in the "sect", in a letter to fellow deputies obtained by the daily Die Welt.
                    The politician, Michael Brand, said Stauffenberg was "a globally recognised symbolic figure against the totalitarianism of the Nazis" while Cruise was "a top figure in a totalitarian, anti-democratic organisation."
                    "Stauffenberg himself, I am fairly sure, would have resisted" the hype over the film, Brand wrote.
                    The film has drawn mixed reviews in the United States but clocked up respectable box office receipts of nearly 72 million dollars since its release last month.

Comment

I met some people who were actively involved in filming Top Gun (one of the pilots in the movie was my friend's dad) and everything I have heard was that he was short, rude, and really sucked. They put him through the water survival course, which was not a picnic but not terribly hard, and he really struggled with it then got mad at people who jumped in to save his ass.
                      sigpic89 M3

Comment

Forgot to mention, for the first quarter of the movie, we were distracted by the mic hanging into all the shots and the file and date stamps across the top of the screen. We could see when the film was either edited or filmed. The other down side was that the english translations were way down on the dark wall, really hard to read... not that it really mattered anyhow.

Comment

it mattered because that is the only time tom had a german accent!!!

snet you a pm too.
                          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
                            Forgot to mention, for the first quarter of the movie, we were distracted by the mic hanging into all the shots and the file and date stamps across the top of the screen. We could see when the film was either edited or filmed. The other down side was that the english translations were way down on the dark wall, really hard to read... not that it really mattered anyhow.
                            Huh? I didn't see a mic or unreadable translations.

Comment

they did a better german accent here then tom did in the movie!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

better acting too
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Kinda wish those blanks at the end of the flick would have been real live ammo. We be rid of that prick scientologists for good then.
                                89 M3 "Ms. Bavaria" Garage Queen Cinnabar w/ black guts
                                12 Chevy Avalanche "OJ" Black on Black and.... Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X