• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    I'm still unemployed.
    +2
    and i don't smoke pot :(
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
      +2
      and i don't smoke pot :(
      neither do i :(

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
        It makes me giggle when people start buying gold. That's the ultimate perma-bear "safe play". Stocks out perform any other asset class over the long term. Investors who don't have the stomach for this shit are the ones who lose in the long term.
        Exactly right. I just upped my monthly investing allowance and I'm 36. Considering most of the kids on here are half my age I think it's funny how many of them have a "sky is falling" mentality. The smart money people are looking at what has performed historically and buying now to reap the rewards in 20-30 years...

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        You are playing a violin to people who don't seek to educate and improve themselves and are pissed companies can't pay them $7 an hour to run a sewing machine here while paying high corporate tax.
        Exactly. And misery loves company.

Originally posted by accident View Post
        neither do i :(
        Nor does Farbin IRL, he just pretends to because he thinks it'll make him look cooler to the other stay-at-home twentysomethings.

OT: Can you make your sig any bigger? I'm disappointed I can still fit it all on one page.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
          OT: Can you make your sig any bigger? I'm disappointed I can still fit it all on one page.
          I'll work on it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
            Exactly right. I just upped my monthly investing allowance and I'm 36. Considering most of the kids on here are half my age I think it's funny how many of them have a "sky is falling" mentality. The smart money people are looking at what has performed historically and buying now to reap the rewards in 20-30 years...
            even better than gold - the stocks of the gold mining companies ;)

but I'm not looking for gold stocks because I want to stay safe from the downturn, quite the opposite. There is bound to be a spike of inflation when the recovery comes, it will take a while for all the liquidity in the market to be sopped up, and in that time the dollar will likely be sinking and gold should be rising (and the mining stocks with it). I wouldn't buy gold directly but I can collect a nice dividend in the mean time. it should be a nice hedge against inflation caused by all the multi trillion dollar goverment deficits for the next few years, anyway.

I've also been on a buying frenzy whenever the market dips. I'm still learning though so I've missed a couple good buys trying to get them just a little cheaper.. and now they've gone up like 50% and we haven't even hit a real recovery yet. Oh well, I'll just wait for more doom and gloom news stories to push the market down, and lately there's always a fire sale in some sector of the market. ;)

also, mrsleeve, if you go back and read your history books, you'd realize that protectionism nearly destroyed the world (and US) economy's after the great depression. It wasn't until after WWII when trade started to happen again that there was any sort of recovery back to a growth cycle, and we would not in fact be anywhere near as well off without global trade. The same thing happened when the federal goverment started encouraging inter-state trading.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

also, mrsleeve, if you go back and read your history books, you'd realize that protectionism nearly destroyed the world (and US) economy's after the great depression. It wasn't until after WWII when trade started to happen again that there was any sort of recovery back to a growth cycle, and we would not in fact be anywhere near as well off without global trade. The same thing happened when the federal goverment started encouraging inter-state trading.
              I know my history I have never said to kill off all international trade I know its a good a thing and needed, but there needs to be a healthy balance between what we make here and what we get abroad. Face it we need the manufacturing here (you mention WWII) would we have been able to win that war with out our huge manufacturing base????????? No

What we have now is not a good balance with the massive imports of Chinese junk to the craptaculiar customer service from akbar in India is getting a bit old and frustrating

Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

we could still win a "manufacturing war". One of the big reasons that sector keeps shrinking is because we keep gaining in efficiency and productivity. a chinese factory would be cheaper but one american worker can do more work at a higher quality - we're something like 5x more productive than most other industrialized nations. Of course what comes with that are higher wages which is why the "cheap junk" is made elsewhere while highly specialized manufacturing is still done here.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes no shit, thats what I am getting at. I would love to buy things that last, shit I have washing machine thats 16 years old still going strong. My grandma got a new one same model 4 years ago and its on its last legs. I am tired of throwing shit away and buying new every 2-6 years I want to be able to fix my shit or have it last not toss it.

Please tell me where and how to buy some of these high quality American made manufactured goods. ,

this is getting off track
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I'm not talking about stuff made for consumers, I'm talking about things made for industry and commercial use. Washing machines don't exactly require the kind of R&D and manufacturing tolerances as say, the latest in water purification systems.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think we are going to see a turnaround in the economy very soon. I also think that the current recession was manufactured intentionally. You boys can wrap your paranoid little minds around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Miano View Post
                        I think we are going to see a turnaround in the economy very soon. I also think that the current recession was manufactured intentionally. You boys can wrap your paranoid little minds around that.
                        oh boy!

was it the evil oil companies, the jews or bush?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          oh boy!

was it the evil oil companies, the jews or bush?
                          i doubt thats what she means shes pretty much a right wing nut

Comment

i'm at a loss then, I'm not very familliar with right-wing conspiracy theories. I guess it must have been Obama's fault then? Maybe it was the Center for Biological Diversity or some other enviro-wacko group? :p
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                            X