Billboard linking Obama, Hitler draws complaints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    I kinda see the 3 more as a Paul Revere....
    Hahahaha! That's rich!

Paul Revere= hard working original American patriot who after an undistinguished military career went on to start his own very successful business.

Rush, Hannity and Beck= paid network whores who are only as good as their ratings, which are a direct result of them evoking an emotional response from their listeners. They stir for dollars, unlike Paul, who rode his ride FOR FREE. It is the "human children" who these pundits lead from one perceived crisis to another who constitute the listener base.

Comment

and Im sure you listen to them daily correct to make those statements?
      Last edited by Vedubin01; 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
        This administration? What about the last one? Their central message: "BE AFRAID. THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING. Please give up many of your rights so that we can keep you afraid. Thank you."
        Ummmm BUT BOOOSH , line is getting really tired, from both the 0 admin and its blind supporters. Thats said most of us dont support much of what the Bush pulled either, But BHO is now 18 months deep he owns all his problems now cant keep blaming some one else, time to man up and take responsibility for the job he wanted.

Originally posted by mar1t1me
        Let's see....The Nazi propagandist Goebbels said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

"Saddam Hussein was a player in 9/11"
        "We know he has WMD"
        "We had no warning on 9/11"
        .....and on and on and on......

He also stated:

“Intellectual activity is a danger to the building of character”

This idea is trumpeted by Right Wing Evangelicals. Distrust science. Embrace the "faith" we feed you, or else you will burn in hell, because HELL IS REAL. This is real Dark Ages stuff. If people are smart, they're not as easily led. Interestingly, this is exactly the same tactic used by the Taliban.

Hitler said:

"The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning."

Rush? Hannity? Beck? Rumsfeld? Cheney? Seems they understand Hitler's ideas perfectly.
        DO you have any idea where and how the the Nazi's learned how to do propaganda. Woodrow Wilson's, head of Committee of public information, George Creel. Goebbels was not the 1st to make a quote like that it was Creel, and Goebbels, had many, of Creels writings in his own personal library. Not to mention with out Creel and the Wilson Admin getting us into WWI the rise of Lenin, Hitler, Mussolini and other totalitarian Ass hats who would emulate--and eventually improve upon--the Wilson administration's methods of mass indoctrination would likely never have happened or come to power.

On the billboard, I dont see it in bad taste. While its a bit over the top, and could have been executed in a more tasteful way to not illicit the knee jerkers like your self into a tizzy. I see it as a warning of what might and could happen, even here in the usa if we the people dont wise up and get on the stick here right quick. (oh and thats for both parties)
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

the comparison makes perfect sense. Not the best way to get the point across for sure though.

Comment

This administration? What about the last one? Their central message: "BE AFRAID. THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING. Please give up many of your rights so that we can keep you afraid. Thank you."

Let's see....The Nazi propagandist Goebbels said:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

"Saddam Hussein was a player in 9/11"
            "We know he has WMD"
            "We had no warning on 9/11"
            .....and on and on and on......

He also stated:

“Intellectual activity is a danger to the building of character”

This idea is trumpeted by Right Wing Evangelicals. Distrust science. Embrace the "faith" we feed you, or else you will burn in hell, because HELL IS REAL. This is real Dark Ages stuff. If people are smart, they're not as easily led. Interestingly, this is exactly the same tactic used by the Taliban.

Hitler said:

"The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning."

Rush? Hannity? Beck? Rumsfeld? Cheney? Seems they understand Hitler's ideas perfectly.

Was a very funny read. You're ill-information on what Religion is and Faith is gave me the tiniest of giggles.
            The Freedom Rabbit

Comment

inb4shitstorm
              Originally posted by teamdynasty43
              Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

I will refrain from speaking, I actually cant believe people are linking obama, hitler, and lenin; and agreeing with it. If you guys have no faith in our country why dont you leave. or next time, vote for the other party, because clearly, obama won the election.
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                  I will refrain from speaking, I actually cant believe people are linking obama, hitler, and lenin; and agreeing with it. If you guys have no faith in our country why dont you leave. or next time, vote for the other party, because clearly, obama won the election.
                  those that dont know or learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You sir are and epitome of that mantra, if you cant or refuse to see the parallels from history.

Oh and I didnt vote for this ass hat, in fact I only know 5 people that did. ( I know lots of people too) In fact most of us that see the similarities have been ringing the warning bells since long before he was even the D official candidate.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    DO you have any idea where and how the the Nazi's learned how to do propaganda. Woodrow Wilson's, head of Committee of public information, George Creel. Goebbels was not the 1st to make a quote like that it was Creel, and Goebbels, had many, of Creels writings in his own personal library. Not to mention with out Creel and the Wilson Admin getting us into WWI the rise of Lenin, Hitler, Mussolini and other totalitarian Ass hats who would emulate--and eventually improve upon--the Wilson administration's methods of mass indoctrination would likely never have happened or come to power.

You know what they say about people who assume right?

And wait. Is history repeating itself on this forum? Wasn't there a bunch of bush haters being told by the bush lovers to get out if they don't like whats happening to this country? not an attack just an observation. to let you know, I agree with a lot what you say about Obama.

Comment

Ummmm BUT BOOOSH , line is getting really tired,......<snip>
                      Where the fuck did I defend O? I don't like him much, but some of you guys seem to labor under the misapprehension that it was all beer and skittles before he took office.....

DO you have any idea where and how the the Nazi's learned how to do propaganda.
                      Yes actually, but thanks anyway for the history lesson, even though it is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand....

No one was comparing O to ol' Woody.

freedomrabbit: "faith and religion" are built on the supernatural/superstitious belief in something that doesn't exist. You can make it anything you want. Which is why Right Wingers claim a brand of it as their own. It's rigid, but simultaneously malleable. It is easy to use against the unintelligent for political gain. That sum it up pretty well?

vedubin: it only takes a couple of times to realize what they are. Not rocket science! "Whores" sums it up pretty well. That pretty much goes for any of the big, corporate owned pundits of any stripe. Would they still be willing to do what they do for free-to aid and preserve the glorious Republic just because they cared? Unlikely. That makes 'em whores.

Pretty sure Mr. Revere and the rest of the early TRUE patriots would feel likewise about that one.

Comment

Cool sign.

Comment

Where the fuck did I defend O? I don't like him much, but some of you guys seem to labor under the misapprehension that it was all beer and skittles before he took office.....

Yes actually, but thanks anyway for the history lesson, even though it is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand....

No one was comparing O to ol' Woody.

No there was little to no beer and skittles involved with any president in recent memory. But the the But BOOOSH did this or that, does not mean 0 gets a pass like you have been trying to imply.

and if your going to go off on the rise of totalitarian Europe post wwI and quote Goebbels, its has everything to do with where they got the ideas and the events and post WWI policy that lead to the rise of those govts in europe. It has everything to do with this conversation as O and Woody are cut from the same cloth. They have much more in common than most know or understand. But being the student of history you seem to claim you are, you should already know this and that should ALARM the shit outta you. The fact that it dose not, leads me to believe that you share similar ideals as both Woddy and O and all the rest of the self proclaimed Progressives and Far left liberals

If my assertions are wrong and off base I apologize, I just call em as I see em. And these last few posts in this thread fall right into line with all the rest of the progressive rhetoric that has become your calling card.

Dozzy: Yes there is a little assumption in the post you are referencing, but was it not Woody that got us into WWI, Was it not Woody, that openly flaunted his desire to PUNISH the German people, and did just that with severe reparations, and sanctions against Germany????? Was it not those sanctions that lead to the appalling amount of Inflation and hard ship in the Weimar Republic after WWI, that caused a great resentment of the German people and lead to the rise of Hitler. There are separate cases to be made for the Bolsheviks, and the Italians, the point still remains with out Creel and the Wilson admin getting us into WWI the road that lead to WWII would have been much different or may not have happened at all.
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-14-2010, 06:46 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Dozzy: Yes there is a little assumption in the post you are referencing, but was it not Woody that got us into WWI, Was it not Woody, that openly flaunted his desire to PUNISH the German people, and did just that with severe reparations, and sanctions against Germany????? Was it not those sanctions that lead to the appalling amount of Inflation and hard ship in the Weimar Republic after WWI, that caused a great resentment of the German people and lead to the rise of Hitler. There are separate cases to be made for the Bolsheviks, and the Italians, the point still remains with out Creel and the Wilson admin getting us into WWI the road that lead to WWII would have been much different or may not have happened at all.

I agree, all parts of the puzzle. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                              ... and ignorant.

Fear is a great marketing tool. For tools.
                              Which is exactly what Obama is now doing.

He went from "Hope" to "Fear" in the last 18 months.

Suing AZ for alleged "racial profiling" = politics of fear.
                              Michelle Obama going to the NAACP and then the NAACP painting the entire TP leadership as racists - more politics of fear.

Only tools and fools don't see it.

Of course, with his plummeting job approval ratings (CBS poll today has him at 44% job approval) he's getting desperate as his party is going to get shellacked come November, and he's going to be in the low 30's by 2012

One and done for Obama.

I hope our country can survive his incompetent arrogance and narcissism.

He may be a great campaigner, but he hasn't a clue as how to govern and has already sunk to the low of peddling in fear.

What a difference 18 months makes.

Even Europe is tired of him.

Hope and Change has become Fear and Smear.
                              sigpic
                              1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                              Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                              Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Of course, when the left was comparing Bush to Hitler (remember all the BusHitler bumper stickers and shirts?) and calls for Bush's assassination, it was "dissent is patriotic"

Now, when Obama is the criticized, it's "hate speech"

Fuckin' hypocrite crybabies.

For those of you with short memories:

Even the MSM got in on it:

You hypocrites have very short memories.

Many more examples here:

And here:

Of course, the media not only ignored these displays, they were complicit.

Remember the "Assassinate Bush" "documentary"?

Oh, and let's not forget the misogynistic nature of the left as well:

Oh, and speaking of Palin, remember how the Dems were telling us that John McCain was going to basically drop dead (more politics of fear) and that Palin, who they went full out to demonize with all kinds of lies and frivolous lawsuits, would then become President?

More "Fear and Smear" from the left, all the while claiming "Hope and Change"

Some of these lefties in the media (Such as Rachel D'Oro of the AP) are still dumpster diving in Wasilla looking for dirt on Palin two years later while ignoring Obama's arrogant incompetence and his complete and utter failure as President.

Obama at 44% job approval rating:

I guess the honeymoon is over.

Obama: All talk, zero ability to govern.
                                He's so deluded he claims his stimulus package has "saved or created 4 million jobs" while the Unemployment rate has gone up by 25% during his Presidency.

Another recent poll says only 6% believe his near-Trillion dollar stimulus package created any jobs.
                                Last edited by E30 Cabrio; 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM.
                                sigpic
                                1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                                Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                                Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Working...
                                X