No announcement yet.

Michelle........let them eat cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys think Paul McCartney goes to the White house to perform and gets paid shits and giggles?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      yes the govt home to the 700 dollar toilet seat and the 500 dollar hammer

You are aware that there are 465 members in the house and senate right????? So really, do all you drink is one bottle of water a day. How about all the huge amounts of staff these people have some have as many as 30+ people on staff, and if they all get 1 bottle of water a day it adds up really fast at even a buck apiece.

Come on man use some common sense and critical thinking here this shit is not that hard, why do I constantly have to spell it out for you guys.

I will see if I can find the article again I got that out of

here you go
      http://www.aolnews.com/house-money/a...ering/19541719
      That was my point. We were talking about michelle travelling, and you brought in how much we spend on the federal government employees. Sure it's a lot of money, but the lifestyle that apparently comes with running our country. While I understand we may not think they are that brilliant, apparently they did something worth while that puts them in command of our country and therefore they reap some benefits. Such as food and water. And the president gets to travel.

I don't have a problem with putting money into the pockets of those running the country, because that is part of the incentive of obtaining that position. Same reason CEO's get a lot of money.

Hmmm, what if there was no money incentive. Would we get genuine politicians? Or would we just get even dummer people trying to push agenda's because the smart ones are making money elsewhere? I dunno.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

WHOA talk about missing the trees despite the forest, surely you cant be this impervious to reason and sound thinking are you. These elitists are the modern equivalent to Nero fiddling as Rome was burring.

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        That was my point. We were talking about michelle travelling, and you brought in how much we spend on the federal government employees. Sure it's a lot of money, but the lifestyle that apparently comes with running our country.
        UMMMMM this is the problem in general now isnt it??? Hence my post on what congress has spent in 9 fucking months on bottled water. You wonder why the debt is so high, you wonder why there is the level corruption that there is.

Originally posted by 87e30
        While I understand we may not think they are that brilliant, apparently they did something worth while that puts them in command of our country and therefore they reap some benefits. Such as food and water. And the president gets to travel.
        Dont you have to buy your own lunch and drink when you go to work. I mean sure the boss may buy lunch once in a while as a reward for a job well done or as a incentive to work more or better. But save for very few exceptions in the private sector You pay for your own fucking food and drink as a general rule, it should be no different in the halls of govt. These fuckers should be brown bagging PB&J like the rest of us have to make ends meet, the govt is deep in the red and spending over 2 million in food expenses in 9 months is not makeing the situation better.

We will leave the merit of politicians that got them into their position up for debate. But they are not supposed to be in command of this country they are supposed to represent the will of the people, have they been doing that well at all the last 40 years?????? They are public servants they work for You, me, your mom and dad, your sister, as so on and so forth. They work for us, they are the keepers of the public coffers, and that has become like entrusting the fox to guard the hen house.

We have no say in what they are paid, we have no say in what they spend on shit, we have NO SAY IN ANYTHING THEY DO, they dont have to justify shit to the electorate any longer, They just pass them selves a bigger pay check or spending account, or allowance and its BULL SHIT.

That is our money, that you me and all the rest of us are out there working our asses of to earn and to have confiscated from us under the penalty of law. They are supposed to stewards of those funds, and not waste full of public money.

I don't have a problem with putting money into the pockets of those running the country, because that is part of the incentive of obtaining that position. Same reason CEO's get a lot of money.
        Ummm NO They are public servants, your supposed to be doing that job for the betterment of the country and for love country. Your not supposed to get rich as a public servant. I dont have a problem with paying them, but I think it should be based on fucking performance and your pay is something that the electorate decides or is based on the approval rating. I mean seriously do you really think these fuckers should be paid over 200k a year (including benefits), have staff of umpteen people, and unlimited spending of our money on the trappings of luxurious life style on our dime??? AND NOT DO THEIR JOB AND AT LEAST READ THE FUCKING BILLS 1ST???????????? Come on man Congressional approval rates are 11% MOTHERFUCKING PERCENT

A CEO works for a private company and is paid for running said company and is largely based on the quality of the job they do. They can be fired for miss appropriation of company money at any time, or if they do a shitty job they can be removed right away. If the board gives a man a contract an it ruins the company then that ONE company fails.

The govt can only take wealth from those that create, build, make and earn it. Govt can create nothing, the govt is a leach upon society that if not kept in check will suffocate ever part of it and destroy society all with in the guise of protecting us. The sooner you get that the better.

Hmmm, what if there was no money incentive. Would we get genuine politicians? Or would we just get even dummer people trying to push agenda's because the smart ones are making money elsewhere? I dunno.
        The way the founders foresaw it there was to be little monetary incentive, to be a statesman. In some ways it was a hedge against what we have now. If there was little to no monetary incentive then you would attract those that already have made a life for them selves and could be comfortable on a small salary, or they had amassed enough wealth that it would not matter to them. It would attract those that truly wanted to serve and be beneficial to the nation and the people they serve, not the self serving, power hungry, corrupt lot we have going on now.

Look at good ol George Washington, IMO the most honorable man to ever have graced the halls of our govt. His personal home and business lie in ruin after the revolution, but when called upon again to lead the nation he answered the call and turned down the salary for the job and took nothing from the treasury, not one red cent. After 8 years he handed down the power on the next, even though many wished him to rule as a king for the rest of his days.

Back on the original topic, does Mrs 0 really need to take her staff and need 30 fucking rooms at a lux resort in the south of spain, on our dime????? FUCK NO, the 0's should be paying for the room them selves and their flight (at lest what a 1st class tickets would cost should be remitted back to the govt) We can pick up the tab for a few SS to accompany them and the remainder of what the transport costs are. On the whole yes its part of the deal for the 1st family to get special treatment, and protection that costs money, but 30 rooms WTF. 5 with the SS being roomies ought to get the job done dont you think????
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-27-2010, 01:51 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Don't worry we flew Hillary around far more than Bush or the Obama's. She went on a year of trips prior to Bill leaving the White House. The amount of support staff that travels with the wives is quite a bit.

Vacations are to be expected but really they should try to exercise some fiscal responsibility as it's yours and my money footing the bill.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Don't worry we flew Hillary around far more than Bush or the Obama's. She went on a year of trips prior to Bill leaving the White House. The amount of support staff that travels with the wives is quite a bit.

Vacations are to be expected but really they should try to exercise some fiscal responsibility as it's yours and my money footing the bill.
            funny how you said it in so many less words than I did. :)
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

let her go wherever she wants.... it's not like we wouldn't be paying her staff if she was sitting in the whitehouse instead... the fact she's off getting a bit of a vacation and doing some PR work is a bonus really.
              1997 BMW 328ic 5spd sport Moreagrun Metallic
              1989 BMW 325is 5spd with a M50 swap
              2006 Audi A3 6spd DSG sport with APR stg 2

Comment

Nothing about the Obama's is a bonus for us. Its funny how the lis only come out for topics that they can argue based on opinion. Whenever we post solid fact topics none ever come out because they are dumb and never support anything with facts. I'm officially calling them a disease.

Comment

$90k on coffee doesn't really sound like much to me for 9 months of basically running the country. I know our company spends many thousands on coffee. To the point they got us an espresso machine because it's apparently cheaper (with fresh beans) than costco canned coffee. having a mocha right now - gratis :)

but yeah, it looks bad. it makes them seem a little out of touch with the reality of what is happening. I wish I could go on a vacation..
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I went through the enitre constitution and bill of rights and found nothing about getting free coffee or bottled water or trips to spain. This is bullshit!
                    Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      WHOA talk about missing the trees despite the forest, surely you cant be this impervious to reason and sound thinking are you. These elitists are the modern equivalent to Nero fiddling as Rome was burring.

UMMMMM this is the problem in general now isnt it??? Hence my post on what congress has spent in 9 fucking months on bottled water. You wonder why the debt is so high, you wonder why there is the level corruption that there is.

Dont you have to buy your own lunch and drink when you go to work. I mean sure the boss may buy lunch once in a while as a reward for a job well done or as a incentive to work more or better. But save for very few exceptions in the private sector You pay for your own fucking food and drink as a general rule, it should be no different in the halls of govt. These fuckers should be brown bagging PB&J like the rest of us have to make ends meet, the govt is deep in the red and spending over 2 million in food expenses in 9 months is not makeing the situation better.

We will leave the merit of politicians that got them into their position up for debate. But they are not supposed to be in command of this country they are supposed to represent the will of the people, have they been doing that well at all the last 40 years?????? They are public servants they work for You, me, your mom and dad, your sister, as so on and so forth. They work for us, they are the keepers of the public coffers, and that has become like entrusting the fox to guard the hen house.

We have no say in what they are paid, we have no say in what they spend on shit, we have NO SAY IN ANYTHING THEY DO, they dont have to justify shit to the electorate any longer, They just pass them selves a bigger pay check or spending account, or allowance and its BULL SHIT.

That is our money, that you me and all the rest of us are out there working our asses of to earn and to have confiscated from us under the penalty of law. They are supposed to stewards of those funds, and not waste full of public money.

Ummm NO They are public servants, your supposed to be doing that job for the betterment of the country and for love country. Your not supposed to get rich as a public servant. I dont have a problem with paying them, but I think it should be based on fucking performance and your pay is something that the electorate decides or is based on the approval rating. I mean seriously do you really think these fuckers should be paid over 200k a year (including benefits), have staff of umpteen people, and unlimited spending of our money on the trappings of luxurious life style on our dime??? AND NOT DO THEIR JOB AND AT LEAST READ THE FUCKING BILLS 1ST???????????? Come on man Congressional approval rates are 11% MOTHERFUCKING PERCENT

A CEO works for a private company and is paid for running said company and is largely based on the quality of the job they do. They can be fired for miss appropriation of company money at any time, or if they do a shitty job they can be removed right away. If the board gives a man a contract an it ruins the company then that ONE company fails.

The govt can only take wealth from those that create, build, make and earn it. Govt can create nothing, the govt is a leach upon society that if not kept in check will suffocate ever part of it and destroy society all with in the guise of protecting us. The sooner you get that the better.

The way the founders foresaw it there was to be little monetary incentive, to be a statesman. In some ways it was a hedge against what we have now. If there was little to no monetary incentive then you would attract those that already have made a life for them selves and could be comfortable on a small salary, or they had amassed enough wealth that it would not matter to them. It would attract those that truly wanted to serve and be beneficial to the nation and the people they serve, not the self serving, power hungry, corrupt lot we have going on now.

Look at good ol George Washington, IMO the most honorable man to ever have graced the halls of our govt. His personal home and business lie in ruin after the revolution, but when called upon again to lead the nation he answered the call and turned down the salary for the job and took nothing from the treasury, not one red cent. After 8 years he handed down the power on the next, even though many wished him to rule as a king for the rest of his days.

Back on the original topic, does Mrs 0 really need to take her staff and need 30 fucking rooms at a lux resort in the south of spain, on our dime????? FUCK NO, the 0's should be paying for the room them selves and their flight (at lest what a 1st class tickets would cost should be remitted back to the govt) We can pick up the tab for a few SS to accompany them and the remainder of what the transport costs are. On the whole yes its part of the deal for the 1st family to get special treatment, and protection that costs money, but 30 rooms WTF. 5 with the SS being roomies ought to get the job done dont you think????
                      Alright, I realize I'm younger and not as educated on the subject, but talking down to everyone constantly does get old.

On to the point, I agree they should exercise some responsibility. I think everyone should. It would also be nice if we had a say in their spending, since it's our money.

However, this is a relatively small amount of money and there are much bigger fish to fry and things to be upset about. My work actually does provide food and water, and many places have a fridge with drinks in them. It doesn't surprise me at all.

You know I don't like the way the government is going, and I'm all for putting as much burden on the individual as possible, but some things just aren't worth getting upset over.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Bottled water. Its the end of the US.

Comment

the point was its less than tactful when so many people cannot find a job and the messiah and his wife throw white house parties, he's playing golf every other day, and michelle needs 30 fucking rooms at a 5 star hotel.
                          its like buying a new car for your neighbor to see when he's just lost his/her job.

it would be different if the pres and his wife actually showed they care. it would be different if the pres actually did something to help the economy. it would be different if the pres actually listened to the people and didn't ram legislation over their objections.

who thought that obama would actually make us miss bush?

let them eat cake
                          Last edited by gwb72tii; 07-27-2010, 11:47 AM.
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            $90k on coffee doesn't really sound like much to me for 9 months of basically ruining the country.
                            Fixed it for ya
                            Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                            Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                            Ground Control facebook page

Comment

We should start booking them alone without rooms for security in motel 6s, see how well that goes.

Its a little excessive, i admit, but its not like its 30 rooms just for her alone to flick her twat in.

Comment

generally when a president or first lady go to a hotel the secret service will take an entire floor of the hotel and even parts of floors above and below. Standard operating procedure from a tactical perspective.

also the floor will be cleared a day or two ahead of time for SS sweeps.
                                that is the cost of security.
                                Brian Jacobs

Comment

Working...
                                X