So who here still thinks the Stimulus was a good idea because you're stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who here still thinks the Stimulus was a good idea because you're stupid

Senator Tom Coburn R-Oklahoma and John McCain R-Arizona have come out with a list of 100 stimulus projects that are a complete waste and some even cost people jobs. I read through this thing and am blown away. FUCK ALL OF WASHINGTON ESPECIALLY THOSE GOD DAMN DEMOCRATS!!!!!

Please please......we cannot cast judgment on this administration by weighing results. It's the good intentions that matter.
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

these washington monkeys make the soviet union look good.

Comment

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I wasn't totally against the bailout, but I knew that the incompetence in Government was going to make a disaster of it.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Dumb da dumb dumb dummbbb.

Comment

This country would have essentially collapsed without the bank bailouts, but the amount of pork that was injected into the subsequent stimulus bills (by both sides) is absolutely reprehensible. "Look-what-I-did-for-our-community-remember-my-name-on-the-ballot" projects don't have a place in ANY of the packages.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                This country would have essentially collapsed without the bank bailouts, but the amount of pork that was injected into the subsequent stimulus bills (by both sides) is absolutely reprehensible. "Look-what-I-did-for-our-community-remember-my-name-on-the-ballot" projects don't have a place in ANY of the packages.

Ken, I think you just gave me a hard on.
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

not even half a drop in the bucket next to the pointless wars and bush tax cuts

also, the list of 100 has already been ripped into pretty good for not telling the whole story in many cases. I'll also raise you a bridge to nowhere and friends.

but what do I know, maybe if we give the rich even lower taxes they'll hire some more people, because this has been working great so far.
                  1997 BMW 328ic 5spd sport Moreagrun Metallic
                  1989 BMW 325is 5spd with a M50 swap
                  2006 Audi A3 6spd DSG sport with APR stg 2

Comment

Ken are you fucking serious? Bank bailouts lined the pockets of big banks and the fat cats on Wall Street. Its well documented that they didn't use that money to clear out toxic assets so that there would be money to continue lending. I'm not mad though. I'm resigned to the fact that there are still people out there who will believe anything they're spoon fed when it comes from the "experts." You should be ashamed. In fact I shame you and will only take it back when you renounce your previous statement.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                      Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                      Ken are you fucking serious? Bank bailouts lined the pockets of big banks and the fat cats on Wall Street. Its well documented that they didn't use that money to clear out toxic assets so that there would be money to continue lending. I'm not mad though. I'm resigned to the fact that there are still people out there who will believe anything they're spoon fed when it comes from the "experts." You should be ashamed. In fact I shame you and will only take it back when you renounce your previous statement.
                      The ironic thing is that you're both right. Although I suspect the amount of pork spending relative to the amount of money that was transferred from the public to the private sector is minuscule.
                      $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

The story of how the Laffer Curve got its name begins with a 1978 article by Jude Wanniski in The Public Interest entitled, "Taxes, Revenues, and the 'Laffer Curve.'"1 As recounted by Wanniski (associate editor of The Wall Street Journal at the time), in December 1974, he had dinner with me (then professor at the University of Chicago), Donald Rumsfeld (Chief of Staff to President Gerald Ford), and Dick Cheney (Rumsfeld's deputy and my former classmate at Yale) at the Two Continents Re
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                          So you think that the govt should have just let the banks fail?
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

^^^^YES. When any and I mean any business behaves so irresponsibly so as to endanger its very existence, it risks failing. But if they know the taxpayers will swoop in and bail them out, there's no incentive to tighten things up.

But wouldn't it have sent a nice message to other banks to watch once mighty institutions fail? I'd be fine with bailing out the people affected by the failures- taxpayers helping taxpayers- but we all knew that pouring money in the top wasn't going to make more come out the bottom.... and so even though the banks are still there, the confidence of the people that got screwed has yet to be restored.

Comment

Originally posted by th3blue View Post
                              not even half a drop in the bucket next to the pointless wars and bush tax cuts

also, the list of 100 has already been ripped into pretty good for not telling the whole story in many cases. I'll also raise you a bridge to nowhere and friends.

but what do I know, maybe if we give the rich even lower taxes they'll hire some more people, because this has been working great so far.
                              please explain yourself
                              show mw how the bush tax cuts caused the deficit to go up?
                              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X