This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're less than a million each

pretty disappointed about the military strikes and even more disappointed the press is bending over backwards to endorse it

Comment

lol brian williams you should have never gotten another job on tv

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
        Everybody is saying Obama did nothing after the previous chemical weapons attack. Obama went to congress and congress said no with respect to attacking Syrian military targets. Russia claimed it would remove Syria's chemical weapon capabilities in exchange for the US standing down.
        ^ This is not true. Obama could have done what just happened without congressional approval. Obama declared a "red line" and then flinched. During the administration's dithering, John Kerry, made a flip comment (I remember it clearly) at a press conference about what could be done to avoid having the US enforce the red line. He said, verbatim..."Well, Assad could give up his chemical weapons, but that's not gonna happen." Not 48 hours later, there was a Russian plan put forward to get the weapons out of Damascus. The previous administration was never, not once, called to account for this. I'm glad we finally have a competent SoS, and am interested to see how this is handled.
        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          I think they're less than a million each

pretty disappointed about the military strikes and even more disappointed the press is bending over backwards to endorse it
          Derp, totally misread the numbers. I thought the total cost was a per each cost.

Price is logical then.
          sigpic
          Gun control means using both hands
          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

IIRC back when they were ordered and built they were a little over a half mill a pop in the early 90's so when you adjust for todays more worthless inflated money it works out to about 7/8ths of a mill or so each to replace them. 3.6b would be nearly 5% of the entire DoD's annual operating budget
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Im guessing this was one of the more cost-effective missions. Reports are that 20 Jets were destroyed using about 36 million and weapons. Beats the hell out of spending $1000000 a missile fired from a F-18 to blow up a used Toyota pickup truck in the middle of the desert.

Comment

I suppose this thing shows that Trump has the huevos to do something which was clearly in question the previous 8 years. I just wish we knew for sure who deployed the sarin gas.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

well, that'd be because we're fighting a country rather than an insurgency. yeah, they have more high-value targets.

i don't disagree with the action taken here; it was a good idea to disable assad's capacity to deliver chemical weapons. i'm behind mattis on this one.

but i am worried about how it might escalate.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Russians steaming towards the two destroyers that were used to launch attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Russians steaming towards the two destroyers that were used to launch attack.
                      Maybe they just want to share some Vodka?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

^ confirmed

past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

inb4 bumper boats

Russia makes a habit out of trying to intimidate by proximity with both aircraft and ships, this isn't surprising.

I think I'd be more concerned if Russia started pulling their troops back around the globe.
                          Last edited by cale; 04-07-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

LOL, it's like I have fact checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              LOL, it's like I have fact checkers.
                              it's not about you... i just wanted a link to share
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                inb4 bumper boats

Russia makes a habit out of trying to intimidate by proximity with both aircraft and ships, this isn't surprising.

I think I'd be more concerned if Russia started pulling their troops back around the globe.
                                I agree with this
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X