This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    So while yes TR was technically a GOP POTUS he was much more a progressive than a Rep.
    Understood. I was never doubting his positions/policies, but rather his party on the ticket being Republican. I was strictly saying a third party hasn't won since Johnson. Voters have been unwilling to (or duped into) not even seriously considering a third party candidate.

That's not to say I wouldn't vote for a Rep or Dem. But I will not be voting for one of the current offerings. Hillary will most likely win... but that's better than Trump any day. I consider him the Kim Khardashian of the business and political arenas. It's a wonder to me he's gained any traction at all.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      Ideologically I agree but he's the defacto GOP nominee and effectively the current party leader.
      He's not the party leader, that is Reince Priebus. He's not the "defacto nominee" he is the nominee.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
        Understood. I was never doubting his positions/policies, but rather his party on the ticket being Republican. I was strictly saying a third party hasn't won since Johnson. Voters have been unwilling to (or duped into) not even seriously considering a third party candidate.

That's not to say I wouldn't vote for a Rep or Dem. But I will not be voting for one of the current offerings. Hillary will most likely win... but that's better than Trump any day. I consider him the Kim Khardashian of the business and political arenas. It's a wonder to me he's gained any traction at all.
        probably because hillary is an entrenched status quo politician that nobody trusts. she is not better than anyone else on the tickect, she's a proven serial lair that is responsible for the mess in Libya and the middle east not to mention russia.
        it's a anti-status quo year, people left behind in obama's economy have no voice (until now) and nobody to speak for them.
        like it or not the lbgt issue/climate change/etc are not going to resonate with most voters, economic opportunity will, and hillary is promising more obama
        if trump can act like an adult he's going to win
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hey georgie did you get move your investments out of the stock market like trump recommended? did you do so for your clients as well?

Trump supported intervention in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia and Syria, how is that not status quo?

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            probably because hillary is an entrenched status quo politician that nobody trusts. she is not better than anyone else on the tickect, she's a proven serial lair that is responsible for the mess in Libya and the middle east not to mention russia.
            it's a anti-status quo year, people left behind in obama's economy have no voice (until now) and nobody to speak for them.
            like it or not the lbgt issue/climate change/etc are not going to resonate with most voters, economic opportunity will, and hillary is promising more obama
            It's really going to hurt when reality hits you on Nov 8, isn't it?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's really going to hurt when reality hits you on Nov 8, isn't it?
              well let's make a wager for a charity to win
              you used to raise (still do?) $ for a charity
              $100 says trump wins
              if he does you pay to a (your) charity
              if he loses i buck up
              its a win win

BTW - polls the two weeks after the last political convention are the most unreliable of any polls taken
              hillary's lead is down to 1 pt in the LA times poll 3 weeks after

i'm no fan of trump
              but he is the least worst of any choice available
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

well let's make a wager for a charity to win
                you used to raise (still do?) $ for a charity
                $100 says trump wins
                if he does you pay to a (your) charity
                if he loses i buck up
                its a win win

BTW - polls the two weeks after the last political convention are the most unreliable of any polls taken
                hillary's lead is down to 1 pt in the LA times poll
                I wonder how Hillary is responsible for Russia unilaterally invading the Ukraine. Interestingly, one of Trump's closest people was only 1 degree of separation from that whole mess, but I'm sure you think it's just imaginary like all the heat records we shatter month after month.

Sure. I'll take you up on that.

I'll concede that it's too early to say 100% sure who will win. But be realistic - all Hillary has to do is stay quiet and let Trump be himself. Which is exactly what he intends to keep doing.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I wonder how Hillary is responsible for Russia unilaterally invading the Ukraine. Interestingly, one of Trump's closest people was only 1 degree of separation from that whole mess, but I'm sure you think it's just imaginary like all the heat records we shatter month after month.

Sure. I'll take you up on that.

I'll concede that it's too early to say 100% sure who will win. But be realistic - all Hillary has to do is stay quiet and let Trump be himself. Which is exactly what he intends to keep doing.
                  you're probably right but it's long way to election day and i was refering to the "russian reset button" which was her idea and has worked oh so well.
                  she lacks judgement
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Then vote for a third party... not a raving egotistical loon. He is every bit the liar that Hillary is, if slightly less of a criminal. I would like nothing better than both of them to never have a whiff of an opportunity to serve in public office. People who supported him in the primaries have themselves to blame for Hillary's election. Unfortunately, she IS better than Trump, but I'd rather see (and will be voting for) someone else on the ticket.
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

which is why his staff have gotten him to start using a teleprompter, so he will stop saying such stupid things and stay on message (maybe)
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Yes, but that won't last. You know he hates it. He wants to be authentic - fair enough. Also, there's no teleprompter at the debates.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes, but that won't last. You know he hates it. He wants to be authentic - fair enough. Also, there's no teleprompter at the debates.
                          Well, let me tell you about being authentic. Everyone keeps asking me about being authentic.
                          *makes "OK" sign with hand*
                          People love my authenticity. I am the most authentic. And we will have authenticity.
                          It will be great, the best authenticity ever. People keep saying to me “We need to be authentic!” and I say I hear you! I am the most authentic ever and we WILL be authentic! And you will love my authenticity.

Sub "authentic" with any topic he talks about.
                          Instagram
                          sigpic
                          Current: 99 M3
                          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Looks like a whole lot of people buying all sorts of the narratives the newsmedia is selling in this thread.

And for the record, I watched all of both conventions, on a non-newsmedia channel via DirectTV.

It was refreshing to listen to what the convention speakers on both sides had to say without talking heads telling me what they were really saying. Did ANY of you posters do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              It was refreshing to listen to what the convention speakers on both sides had to say without talking heads telling me what they were really saying. Did ANY of you posters do the same?
                              While I understand your point. I like to watch sporting events like that (on third party networks) sometimes without commentary. As long as you watched the conventions, you should be able to draw your own conclusions without relying on the talking heads. Unless you think people aren't intelligent enough to do that. That's rhetorical btw, I realize some aren't.

Personally, if you watched the conventions through any outlet, you're already ahead of at least 80% of the populace and probably 50% of voters in terms of engagement and being informed.
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

Comment

farby where you been??? busy I would hope
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X