This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    IF (I know... huge IF) everyone who thought this voted for someone else, we wouldn't have to deal with either of them.
    True, except that everyone probably knows this but can't seem to bring themselves to vote them out in primaries.

Well, they did reject the establishment with Trump. And they did it in a glorious way. The Democrat cartel blocked Bernie from being able to play. Who is more corrupt?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

IF (I know... huge IF) everyone who thought this voted for someone else, we wouldn't have to deal with either of them.
      Don't you mean "Youuuge IF"?

;)
      Instagram
      sigpic
      Current: 99 M3
      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        I swear to the unholy roundel in the sky that I'm leaving the county if he is elected. Also pretty sure that BS is not too big of a deal these days except to the AARP crowd.

Still waiting for hockey season to begin so that we know we are mere weeks from this travesty being over.
        Yes! I'm tired of hearing about this. I'm ready to see my Red Wings play again.
        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          And a blind monkey would do less damage than either Hil or Don.

But none of that matters. These are the choices we have. So...known seedy, questionable ethics laden lifetime politician or self-serving grandstanding blowhard.
          her ethics are not questionable....
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Polls mean next to nothing. Trump is going to be a laughing stock come voting time.
            The same was said about Regan in 1980 before he carried 44 states and 490 electoral votes, the most of ANY non incumbent. From what my family said at the time Carter was polling better and expected to win hands down in 1980 ( I was only 110 days old when that election was held).

I am not trying to draw a conclusion that Trump is the next Regan or even has the possibility to be 1/2 the leader he was. Just that elections can be a funny thing, and with the way our media is now a-days, there might be some very surprised people come Nov 9th.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

the head of the RNC resigned because Reagan was nominated
              she believed he had no chance to win and resigned in protest
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                the head of the RNC resigned because Reagan was nominated
                she believed he had no chance to win and resigned in protest
                And he campaigned against him openly too.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

1980 saw a lot of shifting back and forth in the months preceding the election

and while I may not agree with Reagan's decisions at least he acted like an adult

Comment

yes and the fact he wasn't a politician, he was "gasp" an actor, made him unqualified to be President.
                    the only one with any chance to change the status quo is Trump
                    Johnson and whatshername have no chance to win
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      yes and the fact he wasn't a politician, he was "gasp" an actor, made him unqualified to be President.
                      the only one with any chance to change the status quo is Trump
                      Johnson and whatshername have no chance to win
                      Of course you're ignoring the fact he had plenty of experience as a governor of the largest state (by population) in the union.

Trump will not change the status quo. You're a rube if you buy his shtick.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        The same was said about Regan in 1980 before he carried 44 states and 490 electoral votes, the most of ANY non incumbent. From what my family said at the time Carter was polling better and expected to win hands down in 1980 ( I was only 110 days old when that election was held).

I am not trying to draw a conclusion that Trump is the next Regan or even has the possibility to be 1/2 the leader he was. Just that elections can be a funny thing, and with the way our media is now a-days, there might be some very surprised people come Nov 9th.
                        The only poll that is accurate (and means anything)... is the election itself. All others are just media fodder to bring in ratings.

You are not incorrect. I just don't think the two are comparable in terms of political prowess (even if Regan was an actor). Trump has almost zero chance. I wish the Republicans would have put any reasonable candidate up against Hillary. Both her and Trump irritate me (and infuriate me) to no end.

The Trump supporters tout his being an outsider to the hill as if it somehow makes him capable of exacting change. If hell freezes over, and Trump is elected... they are going to be in as much shock as those who voted for Obama (he fooled me once).
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

gwb you should be proud of who you're voting for and also who supports him

Comment

The only poll that is accurate (and means anything)... is the election itself. All others are just media fodder to bring in ratings.

You are not incorrect. I just don't think the two are comparable in terms of political prowess (even if Regan was an actor). Trump has almost zero chance. I wish the Republicans would have put any reasonable candidate up against Hillary. Both her and Trump irritate me (and infuriate me) to no end.

The Trump supporters tout his being an outsider to the hill as if it somehow makes him capable of exacting change. If hell freezes over, and Trump is elected... they are going to be in as much shock as those who voted for Obama (he fooled me once).
                            100%. Clinton, Bush/Rubio/Ryan would have given this country a far more interesting set of choices.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              gwb you should be proud of who you're voting for and also who supports him
                              Appalling and disgusting, that Trump supporter.

Here's a lil something from a high-level, high-profile elected official that supports Hillary:

Harry Reid was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Appalling and disgusting, that Hillary supporter. Do you agree?

Are you proud of who you're voting for and also who supports her?
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Don't we understand yet? Debating politics is a total waste of time. We don't vote our President into office, someone'e money does. To turn against each other because of which puppet best represents our views is someone else's agenda to distract us.

Don't play their game.

Comment

Working...
                                X