This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    yeah, "temporarily detained" - until people threw a shit fit, and a judge blocked parts of the order. It's not like Trump said "oh sorry, we didn't mean those guys" and let them go. They couldn't even get access to laywers and even US Senators were not allowed to see them.

I hope they come for you next.
    Ever fly recently? Like since 9/11? They detain US Citizens all the time.

No, don't give a shit.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Well, whatever. I don't think you know what establishment means.
      uh, no, junior, you just have an incomplete understanding of what the establishment actually is. hint: politicians are a subset of it.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Ever fly recently? Like since 9/11? They detain US Citizens all the time.

No, don't give a shit.
        hundreds of times. And no, they don't detain people who are not doing something illegal (or stupid). They don't detain people just for being born somewhere - especially when they have a valid visa or green card - until now.

You only don't give a shit because it's not you or your family.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          uh, no, junior, you just have an incomplete understanding of what the establishment actually is. hint: politicians are a subset of it.
          Ok, if you say so.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Anti-establishment billionaires. LOL
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

hundreds of times. And no, they don't detain people who are not doing something illegal (or stupid). They don't detain people just for being born somewhere - especially when they have a valid visa or green card - until now.

You only don't give a shit because it's not you or your family.
              You are 100% wrong. You don't have to do anything illegal or stupid to get searched by the TSA before boarding. In fact, the whole thing is random. Which is why it hardly works or functions properly.

But now that we are actually profiling (like the Israel does), we might get somewhere.

I have been detained at the airport, I have been searched at random. I don't give a shit because I would rather our security get fucking smart as opposed to this random search shit.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Anti-establishment billionaires. LOL
                right. i'm not really sure what about that doesn't seem a little off...?
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

random searches - sure, I've been randomly checked many times. But still not detained - and not denied access to a lawyer or my representative. And this isn't random at all - it's targeted.

I'm glad you want to live in a police state. I suggest maybe North Korea?

FWIW, it was never truly random. They definitely profile. I've been inside customs many more times than most people - it's always the brown people who speak poor English who are in there being searched. And the occasional Caucasian dumbass who probably deserves to be cavity searched. They still aren't detained and denied access to due process.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

random searches - sure, I've been randomly checked many times. But still not detained - and not denied access to a lawyer or my representative. And this isn't random at all - it's targeted.

I'm glad you want to live in a police state. I suggest maybe North Korea?
                    I hear the slopes are killer there! :)

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Detaining Green Card holders is overstepping big time.

FWIW, I am brown, travel for work once a month, business casual clothes, no facial hair, western name. Nine out of ten times I am stopped and patted down or my hands and / or bags are swabbed for traces of explosives or whatever. But, I get why they are doing it and don't mind... except when I am running late, then it is frustrating. First world problem though.
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                        Detaining Green Card holders is overstepping big time.
                        How so? The way I see it is that they aren't citizens and don't enjoy every right we have as citizens (can't vote for example). And if they are flying internationally, its even more important to know why and where they have been.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

They don't have every right of citizens, sure - but that "they" is my wife (and many other people's family members), and "they" do still have a right to due process and are protected under the constitution like everyone else.

Also, they already ask who you are and where you've been - they can already bring you out back for further question if warranted. That's still not detaining you and denying access to representation. It's like making something illegal when it's already illegal.

I thought you ultra right wingers were strict supporters of the constitution? I guess you're willing to look the other way when it appears to benefit you?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They don't have every right of citizens, sure - but that "they" is my wife (and many other people's family members), and "they" do still have a right to due process and are protected under the constitution like everyone else.

Also, they already ask who you are and where you've been - they can already bring you out back for further question if warranted. That's still not detaining you and denying access to representation. It's like making something illegal when it's already illegal.

I thought you ultra right wingers were strict supporters of the constitution? I guess you're willing to look the other way when it appears to benefit you?
                            Again, I am sorry you married a foreigner and it has caused you this much anxiety. I don't know how due process was violated exactly. Is there an amount of time required to pass before its considered a violation?

Of course we are supporters of the constitution. Apparently standing in an American airport doesn't mean you are IN the country yet. They have to pass through immigration control. Then they enjoy the rights afforded to them.

Either way, you are still making a huge deal out of nothing.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

OK bub. Like I said, I hope they come for you next - maybe then you will care.

Still wondering what law those people broke that meant they could be detained without any due process.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I get my hands swabbed every I fly lol. With the last name Albasateneh, TSA will skip right to me, swab my shit and get the white guy being me too, in their attempt to make it look like I was not profiled :rofl:

Edit; I was at SEA in Seattle and a TSA agent walked straight up to me and asked me what I was doing in washington and where I was going. I told him, "I heard the bacon up hear was the best around." His face went red.
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X