Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is only the second time in my life that I have felt some genuine fear for the direction of this nation. The first was the introduction of the Patriot Act and the sweeping powers/erosion of liberty that it was. Now with the regular stream of disturbingly fascist statements issuing forth from the executive branch I do believe that it is time for all of us to do something genuine to combat these ideas that are contrary to the American core ethos.

Be politically active, write your representatives, know which of them stands where and support those in the next election cycle that will not tolerate general erosion of liberty or the overnight hijacking of this nation.

Comment

'No links to russia'
      'Russian intervention in our election is a conspiracy'

mfw

Flynn says he ‘inadvertently briefed the vice-president-elect and others’ over calls to Russian ambassador which reportedly discussed lifting of sanctions
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Nice racist terminology at the end there.

Bitch about racism in one hand, perpetuate it in the other.
        I think the point was subtle irony there.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
          I think the point was subtle irony there.
          have you noticed how even simple sarcasm goes right over marshallnoise's head?

the right cannot process dissent in the form of humor, or satire (see: responses to SNL skits) and that is what makes it so much fun to ridicule them.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Projecting again decay?
            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              Projecting again decay?
              ssh boy, i'm talking about you, not to you.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                ssh boy, i'm talking about you, not to you.
                The thing about most humor is that it generally is at someone else's expense. The left loves this because it's in their true nature as bitter, loathing, resentful beings. So when someone uses slavery innuendo in attempt to be humorous while ridiculing another person, people on the right begin to feel sorry for the "satirist."

I feel sorry for you decay. I pray your anger issues get resolved and you are able to live a life without bitterness and blind hatred.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Wake me up in 3 years and 11 month...

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

haha- dude, i love my life. i've got a good career, i participate in the local music scene on the side, i make enough money to actualize my political ideals (might be headed back to standing rock, i'm sure you love that), and i'm having to make choices about who i want to date.

hell, right before i left work yesterday, i was informed that i got a raise and a bonus, and now i'm slightly hung over because i was out late celebrating.

your pity is entirely misinformed and you should save your prayers for the people in our country who actually need them, but to the point-

The thing about most humor is that it generally is at someone else's expense.
                    i'll give you credit here for being slightly less thin-skinned than trump is about receiving criticism. at least you didn't go all-caps. but sorry, you don't get to pick the form in which said criticism comes.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      The thing about most humor is that it generally is at someone else's expense. The left loves this because it's in their true nature as bitter, loathing, resentful beings. So when someone uses slavery innuendo in attempt to be humorous while ridiculing another person, people on the right begin to feel sorry for the "satirist."
                      I'm not sure that most humor is at the expense of someone else. There are many different types of humor, in this case (above about breeding crackers) wasn't actually directed at any one individual as far as I could tell. In that sense the "humor" was the juxtaposition of slavery innuendo within a conversation about actions that are racially motivated. It might have not been the most well-crafted irony, but the only thing you have to feel sorry for here is the fact that the joke wasn't that great. There's nothing in that entire joke that should make you feel sorry for the creator of it on a personal level (except that he might not have a career in comedy).

I will agree that most humor that's present in the media today is directed at individuals because that's the easiest humor to craft. If you look at the greatest comedians of any generation, they were great because their comedy was timeless, it was about life rather than individuals. But then again, I don't think anyone is claiming that Alec Baldwin is George Carlin.

The unfortunate reality is that anyone who steps into the spotlight for whatever reason has to understand that ridicule will be at their door each time they make a mistake, that's the nature of fame today. I don't necessarily think that makes liberal people bitter, loathing, or resentful.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                        I'm not sure that most humor is at the expense of someone else. There are many different types of humor, in this case (above about breeding crackers) wasn't actually directed at any one individual as far as I could tell. In that sense the "humor" was the juxtaposition of slavery innuendo within a conversation about actions that are racially motivated. It might have not been the most well-crafted irony, but the only thing you have to feel sorry for here is the fact that the joke wasn't that great. There's nothing in that entire joke that should make you feel sorry for the creator of it on a personal level (except that he might not have a career in comedy).

I will agree that most humor that's present in the media today is directed at individuals because that's the easiest humor to craft. If you look at the greatest comedians of any generation, they were great because their comedy was timeless, it was about life rather than individuals. But then again, I don't think anyone is claiming that Alec Baldwin is George Carlin.

The unfortunate reality is that anyone who steps into the spotlight for whatever reason has to understand that ridicule will be at their door each time they make a mistake, that's the nature of fame today. I don't necessarily think that makes liberal people bitter, loathing, or resentful.
                        FYI, I was referring to decay's tasteful comment to me: "ssh boy, i'm talking about you, not to you."

Decay, "But the things which proceed out of the mouth come forth out of the heart; and they defile the man."

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Ah, got a bit confused because I didn't see that as a joke, and since you referred to humor in your post I referred back to the earlier post.

Comment

Nothing about Flynn yet? it will be interesting to see if the republicans are honest enough to investigate his actions and how much the president was told about the conversation

"out like flynn" :rofl:

Comment

Worth a read.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

The political assassination? By whom? The vice president?
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X