X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    i never said the planet is not warming

here, i'll expand for you

i've said there is a current pause in warming (dismissed by others but shown in phyiscal dada), that there is certainly a long term warming trend, that man has had an influence but is not solely responsible, that pollution is bad etc

and if you saw the link fron farbin, you probably saw this one also
    in all seriousness, maybe Q5, our resdent scholar, may want to opine on it as well
    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/2...limate-change/
    You've argued for pages that it is not warming (but cooling instead) and that sea ice is up on one hemisphere even if overall it is down, but then say you agree that there is a general warming trend?

Seriously - can you not keep their mind straight? Going senile?

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
      Seriously - can you not keep their mind straight? Going senile?
      It's the evolution of the climate denier. In the wake of overwhelming undeniable evidence, they alter their position yet refuse to fully admit they're wrong. They cling onto their misconceptions and instead of flat out refuting contrary beliefs, they promote skepticism and label all those that do believe as narrow minded and sheep. Feel free to refer to his sig, sad part is he's perfectly defining himself amongst the ever popular scientifically illiterate of America.

Sort of how the Catholic church has adapted to science by going from their approach back in the day of labeling scientists as heretics (Galileo) to accepting that evolution is in fact likely and even teaching it in their schools as fact, but with divine origins. Your country needs to sort its shit out, fast.

Comment

well come on you guys, srsly, you don't read all that well
        there is no warming since 1998, even the leaders of the AGW admit this, and to deny this is a flat out lie
        i posted up articles about global cooling as a way to show you there is no consensus, that there are other opinions.
        i've never denied human influence, just human causation. look it up, there is a difference.
        and look beyond your self reinforcing websites for different opinions. Alaska is cooling. we had record sea ice extent in the arctic in 2012.
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

But comparing to a high outlier rather than the overall history is a bit simplistic, even for you.

Maybe you can explain your [bipolar] position more and what about people working for sustainable solutions for high quality of life is a bad thing. Regardless of the degree of a persons view from alarmist to denialist, new technlogy that can power our world, reduce waste, and reduce pollution should be seen as a good thing. (Unless it affects your personal bottom line)

Who cares if the tech is done in the name of global warming or just ensuring we can still do what we enjoy in 200 years. You have to be a moron not to like Joule Unlimited's work that can protect internal combustion racing if it is successful.

I think your problem is that you are old and angry and confused, not being able to get your own opinion straight because you bounce from source to sorce to tell you what to think.

Comment

My self reinforcing scientific websites such as Nasa, National Geographic and NASonline? Yea, I'm definitely being fed bullshit by the barrel

there is no warming since 1998, even the leaders of the AGW admit this, and to deny this is a flat out lie
            98' being the peak year =/= no more warming, as the last decade included some of the hottest years on record, consistent with an upwards trending global temperature. Thanks for once again proving how simple minded you are and how little understanding you have as to how climate science works, and how you cling to the same arguments due to a lack of knowledge beyond ignorant propaganda. You're such a unique thinker!

Comment

cale, i could sell you stock all day if you think that chart shows warming since 1998
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

But comparing to a high outlier rather than the overall history is a bit simplistic, even for you.

Maybe you can explain your [bipolar] position more and what about people working for sustainable solutions for high quality of life is a bad thing. Regardless of the degree of a persons view from alarmist to denialist, new technlogy that can power our world, reduce waste, and reduce pollution should be seen as a good thing. (Unless it affects your personal bottom line)

Who cares if the tech is done in the name of global warming or just ensuring we can still do what we enjoy in 200 years. You have to be a moron not to like Joule Unlimited's work that can protect internal combustion racing if it is successful.

I think your problem is that you are old and angry and confused, not being able to get your own opinion straight because you bounce from source to sorce to tell you what to think.
                there you go again rwh
                the predictable demean to win an debate. so adult of you. what a nozzle
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

cale, i could sell you stock all day if you think that chart shows warming since 1998
                  So this past decade wasn't warming than the previous? As difficult as it may be for you to comprehend, you need to stop looking at individual points and focus on averages and trends. Mind boggling I know, it's so much easier when a graph on a joke of a website tells you how to think...isn't it?

Comment

there you go again rwh
                    the predictable demean to win an debate. so adult of you. what a nozzle
                    Since when does acting offended mean you shouldn't answer the basic questions asked of you? You predictably avoid any serious questions that require logic.

Either explain your bipolar position or get out of the thread you worthless troll.

Comment

Since when does acting offended mean you shouldn't answer the basic questions asked of you? You predictably avoid any serious questions that require logic.

Either explain your bipolar position or get out of the thread you worthless troll.
                      wow, even for you
                      tell me mr economist the opportunity cost of spending trillions on solutions for a non-existent problem or for non-serious warming?
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So now fossil fuel usage and dependence is not a problem, gotcha. This guy is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          So now fossil fuel usage and dependence is not a problem, gotcha. This guy is something else.
                          not so far, as there is no peak oil in sight, there are no viable alternatives, and good old market economics has lead the USA to reducing its carbon emissions because of fracking technology and our 100yr reserve of natural gas.

you really need to read more
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Perhaps you're right, does heartland have any light reading you'd suggest?

Comment

how about the NY Times?

but that was funny mr cale
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

wow, even for you
                                tell me mr economist the opportunity cost of spending trillions on solutions for a non-existent problem or for non-serious warming?
                                So wait, now you don't think that human influenced warming exists? Forget what you just said already?

Or do you not think it is serious? Was the impact on our agriculture and all the trickle down effects not serious?

Did you not read when I said regardless of viewpoint on global warming, the tech it is inspiring should be enjoyed by all?

What are you afraid of? Why do you hold conflicting positions and are not able to explain your viewpoint besides saying "you can't make this stuff up"?

The efforts to curb fuel consumption have yielded tech and analysis ability that have greatly improved automotive performance and yielded hyper cars. It has supported integration of lightweight materials that have improved performance as well. It's like the spinoff technologies that NASA has given us over the years.

Who would want to sit in their rocking chair and get pissed off about technology? Go ahead and shake your fist at the modern world all you want, but don't be a hypocrite and post on the Internet that was born from the government 'wasting' money on computer network research.

Comment

Working...
                                X