Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    no it's responsible for crazy weather, even though thee has been a reduction in extreme weather events worldwide

on what data do you base this assertation?

oh right. data = science, which you blatantly ignore. perhaps our holiness FSM told you that everything is okay?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        Anyway, to respond the the argument that you leaned on several times...

Although apparently you forgot that the "warming had stopped" rebuttal had been mentioned before.

Just like the cherry picking you usually do, using one high data point to focus comparison against while ignoring the large overall trend is misleading. 1998 made it possible to average out a flat line, even if:

"We know the planet is absorbing more energy than it is emitting," said GISS Director James E. Hansen. "So we are continuing to see a trend toward higher temperatures. Even with the cooling effects of a strong La NiƱa influence and low solar activity for the past several years, 2011 was one of the 10 warmest years on record."

The difference between 2011 and the warmest year in the GISS record (2010) is 0.22 degrees F (0.12 C). This underscores the emphasis scientists put on the long-term trend of global temperature rise. Because of the large natural variability of climate, scientists do not expect temperatures to rise consistently year after year. However, they do expect a continuing temperature rise over decades.

The first 11 years of the 21st century experienced notably higher temperatures compared to the middle and late 20th century, Hansen said. The only year from the 20th century in the top 10 warmest years on record is 1998.

And guess wait a couple of years and see if this prediction pans out...

Hansen said he expects record-breaking global average temperature in the next two to three years because solar activity is on the upswing and the next El NiƱo will increase tropical Pacific temperatures. The warmest years on record were 2005 and 2010, in a virtual tie.

"It's always dangerous to make predictions about El NiƱo, but it's safe to say we'll see one in the next three years," Hansen said. "It won't take a very strong El NiƱo to push temperatures above 2010."
        Repeating flawed arguments makes quoting past rebuttals easy. Maybe try finding an original thought.

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
          The reason why scientists cannot accurately predict the exact temperature rise is because our actions largely determine the amount of rise there will be. And there are also still some feedback loops that aren't completely understood and therefore their effect cannot be accurately calculated. But as more scientific data comes in, and computer modeling becomes more sophisticated, the projections become more accurate. Couple that with some sophisticated statistical analysis from some mathematicians and you can narrow it down even further to a more accurate range. These aren't the computer models from the 1980's or 90's. They're getting pretty damn accurate and in fact even the older ones have correctly predicted the sea level rise almost exactly in most places.
          It's like saying you're upset that Hurricane Katrina was predicted to be a category 4 or 5 hurricane when it hit New Orleans and it was only a category 3 by the time it made landfall. So I guess those darn weather forecasters were wrong and we shouldn't plan for any hurricanes because it costs money to prepare. Genius.
          Attacking hurricane predictions and modeling really points out how clueless he is, and the vast improvement of storm science should demonstrate how much climate science has improved as well. Basing his position on the 90s Denver classroom or Captain Planet emphasizes how little in touch he is with the subject he is speaking ill of.

But to him, anyone who seeks efficiency or a better environment must be Al Gore. Even Elon Musk? Stupid hippie with solar panels and electric cars I guess??

Comment

Your "conclusion" is laughable a proves how much ignorance and little thought you put into what you write.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              Your "conclusion" is laughable a proves how much ignorance and little thought you put into what you write.
              Huh?

Maybe you missed the lesson in grade school where you should mention what you are talking about. Do you even know?

Comment

I course I do. Your blindness proves my point.

Comment

I course I do. Your blindness proves my point.
                  Are you still in grade school? You put no thought into what you write and cannot form a coherent statement. You make ridiculous assertions and then abandon them.

Was my conclusion wrong that you were ignorant of the improvement in hurricane modeling?

Did you just randomly mention earthquakes for no reason or did you think weather caused them? Some in the world think that boobs and risquƩ dressed women cause them.

Do you base your position on anything besides anger about what your elementary school teacher said? If not, explain what the hell you have to support your science is evil and for liars opinion.

Comment

You still haven't been able to logically process the fallacies in your own conclusive thoughts?

Comment

You still haven't been able to logically process the fallacies in your own conclusive thoughts?
                      Trolls be trollin'

Let us know when you'd like to have an actual meaningful discussion.

Comment

Do you find it commonplace to use the "troll argument" when you cannot understand your own illogical ideas and opinions without them being explained to you by the party you accuse?

Comment

Do you find it commonplace to use the "troll argument" when you cannot understand your own illogical ideas and opinions without them being explained to you by the party you accuse?
                          No, but I do find when trolls get stuck they tend to make pointless blabbering posts to avoid the discussion at hand. Instead of talking about their abandoned points, they distract.

Second sentence originally said "i find it common place that you are a worthless troll"
                          Last edited by rwh11385; 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

Edit: I don't usually feel the need to quote every post, and I didn't this time. Unless you're a wimpy ten year old, edit back your post to where it stated I'm a worthless troll.
                            Last edited by Fusion; 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
                              No, but I do find when trolls get stuck they tend to make pointless blabbering posts to avoid the discussion at hand. Instead of talking about their abandoned points, they distract.
                              Nevermind, Opera kicks ass.

Comment

Thank you.

Edit: I don't usually feel the need to quote every post, and I didn't this time. Unless you're a wimpy ten year old, edit back your post to where it stated I'm a worthless troll.
                                I thought that further explaining why you are acting like a troll was a better use of the post, but if you want to be proud of being a worthless troll, then fine. Celebrate the fact that you contribute nothing but ignorance and a hatred of science.

Comment

Working...
                                X