Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
    Serious question George, why do you put faith in an architecture professor over a climate scientist actively publishing and studying climate change?
    Because it reaffirms his beliefs, it's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Because it reaffirms his beliefs, it's as simple as that.
      He's a walking billboard for Confirmation Bias

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        yet another article by a guy with a book to sell.

he's an architecture professor and columnist. wow. another new low for you.
        its always predictable that you (all of you) chose to shoot the messenger and not the message.
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Serious question George, why do you put faith in an architecture professor over a climate scientist actively publishing and studying climate change? Find us one, just one climate scientist actively publishing that thinks AGW is a big scam and agrees with your position. That's all we are asking for. Once you can find those kind of skeptics with the data to back it up, then we can have a serious debate. Until then, you are just a parrot for right wing propaganda. Nothing you bring to the table is of a reputable source. Not a thing.
          how about when the IPCC has a climate scientist as its head?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Serious question George, why do you put faith in an architecture professor over a climate scientist actively publishing and studying climate change? Find us one, just one climate scientist actively publishing that thinks AGW is a big scam and agrees with your position. That's all we are asking for. Once you can find those kind of skeptics with the data to back it up, then we can have a serious debate. Until then, you are just a parrot for right wing propaganda. Nothing you bring to the table is of a reputable source. Not a thing.
            so what you're really saying is two things
            1. this man is unqualified to doubt AGW, but has been peer reviewed (one of your requirements) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_M._Carter
            2. you're smarter than him and know more about AGW
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              its always predictable that you (all of you) chose to shoot the messenger and not the message.
              how about when the IPCC has a climate scientist as its head?

Oh irony.

Why shoot your messages when you simply ignore responses that address them and move on to your next recycled fallacy?

Comment

so what you're really saying is two things
                1. this man is unqualified to doubt AGW, but has been peer reviewed (one of your requirements) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_M._Carter
                2. you're smarter than him and know more about AGW
                Nice find.
                In 2012, documents stolen from The Heartland Institute revealed that Carter was paid a monthly fee of $1,667 (USD), "as part of a program to pay 'high-profile individuals who regularly and publicly counter the alarmist [anthropogenic global warming] message'."
                Not only that, he's not even a climatologist actively researching as I requested you to find. Try again.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to think this is a self portrait.

Comment

We are insignificant to the change of Earthly cycles as our comments are about the issue.
                    lol wut?

A quick recap from post #615:

Humans emit a shitton more co2 than all the volcanoes on earth.

It would take a huge addition of volcanoes to the subaerial landscape—the equivalent of an extra 11,200 Kīlauea volcanoes—to scale up the global volcanic CO2 emission rate to the anthropogenic CO2 emission rate.
                    -http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/climate.php

Is somebody telling you that 11,200 volcanoes (human powered emitters) are insignificant. Why?

It looks like we, humans, are pushing the amount of carbon up, each year, by about 2-3ppm per year. Which is a shitton.

So now the debate: we KNOW we are putting more carbon into the atmosphere than is being naturally re-absorbed every year. We can measure that. Will that 'extra human caused carbon' do anything to the climate?

The last 400,000 years of data pretty much shows that temperature and carbon follow each other closely:

The many previous glacial terminations in the past 2.5 million years (a period known as the Pleistocene Epoch) have seen lows of about 180 ppm of CO2, and highs between 250 ppm and 300 ppm.
                    Remember that we, humans, have pushed co2 from the natural 180-250/300 and into the 300-400 range. We are currently at 395.55ppm so we might want to make that range higher, higher that it has been for the past 2.5 MILLION years. And it only got that way in the last 200 years after we, humans, started emitting additional carbon above the natural levels. And we are adding 2-3ppm per year on top of that. In 100 years at the current rate we could double the amount of atmospheric carbon that our natural system should have.

This is the fastest co2 rate per year since forever existed before times 10. The end of the ice age temperature rise was only .2 ppm per year or something, and now we, the humans, have bumped it up to about 2-3, just to see if anything will maybe happen.

Dont try and wiggle in any of that sun-spot solar radiation stuff either. There seems to be a short term correlation but not a long term.

Now I am always confused when people cant understand this stuff. It is all out there, easily searchable and identifiable with peer reviewed sources. Not blogs and somebody's opinion they felt like writing a book about, but rather somebody's phd research paper that everyone can go back and actually verify the data. Not exactly a blank chart with no explanation of what is going on, some really technical stuff you spend your whole life studying to figure out what the hell it means.

The only option for the 'doubters' and typical response by 'non-believers' is that global warming is some kind of mythical conspiracy to euthanize brown people so that the whites stay in control.

I say 'look at the data'.

Personally if there is even the possibility that we can bump our temperature up to major-mass extinction level I would rather avoid it. We humans do enough to help everything else go extinct as-is, although the fact that we can do it in 100 years instead of 100-million years is interesting.

Use your brain. Use google. Doubt everything and base your opinions on what proves itself to be fact. For those of us who have spent a lot of time looking into this you will need a very long post, with very good sources, no cherry picked data from blogs, no non-data sexy-novel writing conspiracy theories, and no articles from a person who is paid by an anti-(climate)science shit institute. Posting the same bullshit over and over only re-affirms everything I have read because I keep re-checking it all.

If you seem like someone who never checks anything and just blurts out what you heard at the tea-party, nra meeting, blog, church, kkk meeting, nazi-youth or wherever you get some of these conspiracy ideas from while having no actual proof/backing/science the ONLY way I can take you seriously is if you admit that fact first and have an intelligent conversation about it. If you claim it as fact without any proof that it is fact then you are assuming a little too much.

I would love to have a conversation about funding bias in research~ I think that could be very interesting. However there are certain people I can't have it with since that is not the actual reason they are bringing it up and they tend to ignore it, and the facts, completely when it involves a 'scientist' that supports 'their side'.

/monday lunch coffee rant

Comment

Nice find.

Not only that, he's not even a climatologist actively researching as I requested you to find. Try again.
                      I'm shocked!!

.... oh wait. No, I'm not.

It's funny that GWB says C02 isn't a pollutant. So, is increasing ocean acidity not a problem? When the oceans are dead, what will be left of life on this planet?
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        I'm shocked!!

.... oh wait. No, I'm not.

It's funny that GWB says C02 isn't a pollutant. So, is increasing ocean acidity not a problem? When the oceans are dead, what will be left of life on this planet?
                        He doesn't care, because he won't be alive to see any of it happen in his lifetime.

Fuck you; got mine.

Comment

that's the AARP generation for you. The greatest wealth transfer of all: from the young to the old. they'll be dead and we'll be left with a fucked up planet and trillions of debt with no way to pay it back.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            He doesn't care, because he won't be alive to see any of it happen in his lifetime.

Fuck you; got mine.
                            Actually, the effects of climate change are all happening right now. so he is alive to see it, just blind. I think what you mean to say is that he may not be alive to see the effects to his own personal lifestyle and security. Mmmm I dunno, maybe a decade or so away from that. But the senility has already kicked in so it won't matter.
                            sigpic

Comment

Head of IPCC admits no warming for 17 years

which is actually a longer time period than I thought

and is the habit of alarmists, he now aledges the trend must extend for 30 or 40 years for the AGW hypothesis to be wrong. LOL

"Engineer Pachauri said warming would have to endure for “30 to 40 years at least” to break the long-term global warming trend. However, the world’s leading climate modelers wrote in the NOAA’s State of the Climate report in 2008 that 15 years or more without warming would indicate a discrepancy between the models and measured reality."

Guest post by Christopher Monckton of Brenchley Following my statement at the Doha climate conference last December that there had been no global warming for 16 years, Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, the ra…

and for those that don't know, the head of the IPCC, the most influential AGW organization in the world, is not headed by a climate scientist, or a scientist of any kind
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You with that sig is cute, it's like Michael J. Fox explaining the significance of coloring within the lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X