No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, while we're ignoring billions of pounds of plastic waste in the ocean and other crazy shit directly effecting the environment and human health, why don't we cut down on gamers. Those assholes are causing global warming, which could lead to the oceans rising, which would mean we would have billions of tons of plastic in our beach resorts and then might actually give a shit.

New information about a new energy law that will apply within the EU has surfaced on the web. The new law requires that both discrete and integrated graphics cards live up to certain energy standards.

The commission wants to stop dedicated graphics cards of group G7 from going above 320 GB/s - that is in theory a memory bus at 384-bit connected to memory operating at 6667 MHz or 512-bit with 5001 MHz. This is definitely within reach for the next generation graphics cards. Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition currently has a bandwidth of 288 GB/s with a 384-bit memory bus and 6000 MHz memory. For notebooks the limit will be only 225 GB/s.

Besides that the energy efficiency requirements will be tighter - in this case the energy consumption of the card in relation to its memory bandwidth. Performance delivered in games or general calculations are irrelevant. according to Lot 3. Exactly what the "performance" and energy consumption quote looks like we don't know at the time of writing, but it will also affect cards in the entry level segment and not just performance and enthusiast cards. The quote is strict enough to worry AMD.
    Looks like their ideas are working!

EU leadership on climate change masks imports role
    The European Union is inflating its position as a leader in tackling global climate change by ignoring the impact of its fall in industrial competitiveness, which means the region is now importing more carbon-intensive goods.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from burning fossil fuels in west Europe have fallen over the past two decades, but the carbon content of consumption accounting for net imports has risen.

Focusing purely on emissions by territory, as the EU does, ignores global international trade as if all economic activity were in isolation. It is a kind of smoke and mirrors that only tells half the story.

Such incomplete data help explain why the Kyoto Protocol has achieved so little to clean industrial pollution as it has diminished the impact of CO2 reduction targets by making these easier to achieve.

Climate Commissioner Connie Hedegaard said this week the EU had cut its environmental impact even while its economy grew, implying it had achieved the Holy Grail of sustainable growth.

"While our economy grew 48 per cent since 1990, emissions are down 18 per cent. These figures prove once again that emissions can be cut without sacrificing the economy," she said.

It is true that the EU has grown its economy much faster than its emissions, reflecting a long-term trend towards efficiency, but by selecting one favourable measure it exaggerates its success.

Consumption emission figures which account for net imports tell a different story, through 2008: GDP up 46.8 per cent, CO2 down just 1.8 per cent.

Consumption emissions have actually risen in western Europe. Wider EU emissions have fallen only because of an industrial collapse in eastern Europe in the aftermath of the fall of communism in 1989.
    The sad thing is that if they're confronted with these figures, the easiest way to fix them is more tax, higher import duties and/or restrictions, probably based on some idiotic list of things they think cause emissions during manf.
    Last edited by Fusion; 10-26-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      go back and read my posts nando. i have agreed in the past, more than once, that the earth's climate has changed (to use the new buzzwords from your side). the arguments i have been making center on the facts presented from numerous places that:
      1..warming indeed stopped 16 years ago per Hadcrut 4 data, ad even the likes of Phil Jones don't know why

2. there is no such thing as a broad based 97% consensus among climate scientists that man is the driver of climate change, yet your side hammers skeptics with this falsehood constantly in order to "win" arguments

3. in the absence of any consensus, to "remedy" a "problem" we really know very little about is costly, perhaps unnecessary, kills world GDP etc. yet you and others feel compelled to act in the absence of consensus or valid data that proves anything can be done at all to stop climate change.

yet "something" has to be done or the earth will come to an end

oh really
      Heartland.....really? Known for their excellent track record in publishing legitimate science.

Do you purposefully go out of your way to find the most corrupt yet least credible media outlets to base your arguments? Or is it just coincidence that your understanding of science is as weak as your sources?

Comment

great cale
        how about critiquing the poll instead, hmm?
        shooting the messenger is not a way to win a debate
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          1) this was already discredited. it requires an extremely ignorant view of how trends are formed in statistics. it relies on 1998 being an extremely warm year due to a strong el nino, but if you look at the trend there is no other conclusion than the last decade has been the hottest ever.

2) you said it was under 100 people, yet it looks like it was several thousand which is more than enough to form a consensus. so far you haven't proven anything false.

3) this relies on #2 being true, which you haven't proven except in your twisted view.
          the poll was narrowed to 79 respondents nando if you really are interested, gee, how about actually reading the critique before commenting?
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

great cale
            how about critiquing the poll instead, hmm?
            shooting the messenger is not a way to win a debate
            How about providing some reliable references worth critiquing and not from sites who believe second hand smoke isn't harmful. Realistically, they probably don't actually believe that...but if you provide them with enough money you best believe they'll fight for whatever you're paying them for. As someone who is constantly trying to discredit scientists due to corruption how about you yourself hold your sources to the same level of scrutiny? Don't be such a fucking hypocrite.

Comment

well because the only sites to find a contrarian view are those you find not worthy
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

well because the only sites to find a contrarian view are those you find not worthy
                Dude, you're full of it. You claim that none of the scientists who research climate change can be trusted because it's too political but trust a think tank that is paid to find ways to rationalize things the way that support their side.

Also, are you just unable to answer the questions I posted, or ignoring them because you don't want to? Pretty weak that you repeat yourself but can't respond to critical questions. Must be fun to be your client.

Comment

First off, fuck yes I don't find a site which believes second hand smoke to be harmless is reputable in terms of providing the most accurate unbiased dissemination of science literature to the population. If you do, that's a terrible short coming on your part.

Secondly, that link of bogus. The writer blatantly disregards what's presented in the survey to propagate his snake oil. It preys on the ignorance of it's readers, the type of people who'll believe second hand smoke is ok if they read it in media!

Right from your linked article.

Contrary to what you read repeatedly in daily newspapers or hear on television, most scientists do not believe there is a “scientific consensus” that man-made climate change
                  (1) The latest international survey of climate scientists by German scientists Dennis Bray and Hans von Storch found (quoting my own interpretation of their results) that “for two-thirds of the questions asked, scientific opinion is DEEPLY DIVIDED, and in half of those cases, most scientists DISAGREE with positions that are at the foundation of the alarmist case.
                  And straight from the survey.

Right off the bat you see over 80% of those survey'd believe climate change being anthropogenic is more likely than unlikely, with well over half selecting a 5 or a 6 out of 7 for their certainty.

Feel free to search for the beliefs of those members in the NAS who in the field of climate study who believe climate change to be anthropogenic, there IS a concencus and that's one of the most reputable organizations in the world.

So tell me, if the sources to which you're linking to don't even support your beliefs...what do you have left besides accepting you've been crying wolf?

Comment

maybe one of these will meet your criteria?

forbes;

the daily herald;

Science and Public Policy Institute

but i'll answer for you all
                    none of these are reputable, none can be believed, all are funded by oil
                    LOL

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

forbes;
                      http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...us-of-nothing/
                      You don't read do you?

James Taylor
                      Contributor
                      "I am senior fellow for environment policy at the Heartland Institute..."

"James Taylor of the Heartland Institute quickly responded that Huntsman seemed to be referring to an online survey to which 77 people responded -- a survey in which the questions were so slanted and vague as to be meaningless."

Told that his source was untrustworthy, reposts the same source again - twice.

And again, trying to prove shenanigans by being absolutely ignorant of statistics is not a good argument:

It is disingenuous to now use the “climate scientists” as a new population sample size. The response figure of 3,146 is the figure against which the 75 out of 77 should be compared and in this case we get not 97% but just 2.38%.

The original number contacted was 10,157 and of those, 69% decided they didn’t want any part of it, but they were the original target population. When the figure of 75 believers is set against that number, we get a mere 0.73% of the scientists they contacted who agreed with their loaded questions.
                      Idiot.

but i'll answer for you all
                      LOL

Maybe you should find a source that actually knows basic introductory knowledge about statistics, or is really new not just the same one - twice.

Comment

It's really sad how many times heeter has owned you on this subject yet you continue.

I'm not sure if I should admire you're gumption or feel sorry for your ignorance.

Either way, I'm enjoying the entertainment.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I stopped reading when you failed to respond to what I posted and merely tried to repeat the same material through different links as though that would in some way validate your delusions as to what is factual in climate science, it has not.

LOL
                          I'd go back and quote all the times you questioned the credibility of climate science due to corruption to explain how blatantly hypocritical you are but there isn't enough time in a day for that so I'll leave it upon you admit that yourself.

Both sides may have corruption sure (speculative, on both ends)...but which side stands to personally earn billions off the propagation and acceptance of AGW denial and which side has the overwhelming majority of academia on their side? Again, I'll leave it to you to figure this one out yourself...perhaps utilize that common sense you've referenced a few times in this thread. Dig deep, I'm sure you'll find a little bit if you try hard enough.

rwh, you forgot to address his third link so I took that upon myself. First I checked on the writer of whatever piece of literature he posted...didn't have to dig very far to find that he's a nobody with no credentials to speak of whatsoever. Excellent links you've provided us with gwb, your posts get better and better. Perhaps you can create an economics thread and link to an article from Elmo about the importance of sharing if you want to stick to your style of posting laughable content.
                          Last edited by cale; 10-26-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I would like you warming tards to explain how restricting graphic card performance is going to save the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I'm not sure if I should admire you're gumption or feel sorry for your ignorance.
                              yep. *popcorn*

i also admire rwh's tenacity for well thought out responses.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                It's really sad how many times heeter has owned you on this subject yet you continue.

Either way, I'm enjoying the entertainment.
                                shit, rwh believes fees matter more than performance LOL
                                what else do you need to know?
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X