No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so why hide data, why try to ignore FOI requests, why not freely share all data and model assumptions if it's as serious as you say it is?

instead we have the majority of models not predicting anything close to reality, we have a thoroughly scientifically discredited hockey stick hypothesis which in many ways was the start of all this.

i mean your side has cried "wolf" so many times it get's old, cause we're still here, apparently doom is not in the cards, 400ppm apparently is not a magic line as we've had no warming for close to 20 years
    the Dept of Energy should be a repository of data and not an employer of AGW scientists
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

go see a doctor

seriously

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        so why hide data, why try to ignore FOI requests, why not freely share all data and model assumptions if it's as serious as you say it is?

instead we have the majority of models not predicting anything close to reality, we have a thoroughly scientifically discredited hockey stick hypothesis which in many ways was the start of all this.

i mean your side has cried "wolf" so many times it get's old, cause we're still here, apparently doom is not in the cards, 400ppm apparently is not a magic line as we've had no warming for close to 20 years
        the Dept of Energy should be a repository of data and not an employer of AGW scientists
        Did you not go to the Google link I posted? They are actual pics of the ice caps melting

We all know the earth has been warming since the ice age, but when Antarctica is going to be 20° warmer this year, it is warming 2x the rate of the rest of the world.

Normally I refrain from these (or political) type debates, but the pics were not faked, and have recently changed my personal view of GW. Hard to say that it isn't happening at an accelerated rate over the last 20yr. We also know the arctic vortex is growing weaker (another sign/fact that cannot be denied).

Arctic vortex...

Stay warm, guys: newly released NASA images show the brutal polar vortex that's descended upon North America this week, and is predicted to bring record low temperatures to the US and Canada.

Arctic temps record highs...

Once 2016 comes to a close, the Arctic will have experienced its hottest year on record, and researchers have found that it’s now warming twice as fast as any other place on Earth.

Re-posting the Google Time Lapse...

Explore the dynamics of our changing planet over the past three and a half decades.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

we've had no warming for close to 20 years
          O rly?

Two key climate change indicators — global surface temperatures and Arctic sea ice extent — have broken numerous records through the first half of 2016,

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
            So not religion then but people's personal beliefs? Are you claiming certain churches or, say, Baptists or Buddhists believe this way because of teachings from their source texts? Or where are you getting this idea from? And just American?
            Just Ameurikans - And i'd say Mormons/CJCLDS, Evangelists, JW. But not Buddhists, Jews or Muslims ;-) Probably the same ones pushing for Creationism to be taught at school. The next step being teaching that the universe spins around earth and that that earth is flat. Back to the Middle Ages.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

BTW perhaps it is time for those who don't think that human activity has any effect on our environment tell us where they stand in term of religion. That shall explain the nonsense and end the discussion... ;-)
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                BTW perhaps it is time for those who don't think that human activity has any effect on our environment tell us where they stand in term of religion. That shall explain the nonsense and end the discussion... ;-)
                Not entirely true. Not all "creationists" think that it happened over night.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

I disagree with the amount of credit we are giving our selves on this matter, and there is way to much we dont know about the climate around here, to make such statements with such absolutism. I am not saying we dont have an impact, I am saying I dont think we have as much impact as you all would have us believe, correlation does not equal causation. I dont believe in deity spinning up the universe or created us or this ball of dirt hurtling though space....

I must be one of the non conforming data sets that is inconvenient to Massives hypothesis on the religious beliefs of nonconformists.

and boosted 60* guy, do you really think this is the 1st time in history of this globe tha the Ice has thinned some at the poles???? ;)
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    I disagree with the amount of credit we are giving our selves on this matter, and there is way to much we dont know about the climate around here, to make such statements with such absolutism. I am not saying we dont have an impact, I am saying I dont think we have as much impact as you all would have us believe, correlation does not equal causation. I dont believe in deity spinning up the universe or created us or this ball of dirt hurtling though space....

I must be one of the non conforming data sets that is inconvenient to Massives hypothesis on the religious beliefs of nonconformists.

and boosted 60* guy, do you really think this is the 1st time in history of this globe tha the Ice has thinned some at the poles???? ;)
                    This is the first time the ice has thinned this quickly. My statement is perhaps not based on absolute scientific fact, but on geologic evidence collected from layers of crust dating back several billion years.

I do believe its an issue. Whether or not we are soley responsible is up for debate. As far as im concerned, why take any chances? Why not do everything in your own personal ability to conserve the planet to every extent possible?
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Read my previous statement about leaving the last ice age ;)

Perhaps it wasn't directly a deity, but who's to say something didn't initiate that big bang that started this whole mess, who's to say that we are or aren't an "accident", alone, or we are just riding an electron making up an infinite giant's poop or toe fungi? Philosophy really doesn't belong in this thread, but ok, I'll bite. None of us were there (or "out there"), so it's all really speculation at best.

In my mind it's a good possibility that once the earth has finished diffusing it's heat and we have something closer to a mean temperature, those arctic vortexes could in fact cause another ice age, no one really knows the answer, we base our predictions on models/history - again we weren't there last time to know.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      This is the first time the ice has thinned this quickly. My statement is perhaps not based on absolute scientific fact, but on geologic evidence collected from layers of crust dating back several billion years.

I do believe its an issue. Whether or not we are soley responsible is up for debate. As far as im concerned, why take any chances? Why not do everything in your own personal ability to conserve the planet to every extent possible?
                      We already did a lot of damage to the planet, we know this. Weather or not we will be or are the cause of the warming, it's hard not to see the acceleration that has happened just in the last generation. It is kinda following postulation growth which is happening exponentially - much like the warming - could be coincidence just like "we" are.

I still find facts amusing, though. While we are making cars burn cleaner, we buy more products from half way across the globe that come on ships producing far worse emissions. We are being cleaner here at home, but buy more products from countries that don't even see the sun due to the smog. Kinda ironic, no?
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

anthro climate change is dead btw
                        yes and anyone that says the science is settled is not a scientist and doesn't understand science.
                        How are you able to make these as back to back posts, yet not feel like an absolute imbecile?

You're a wind-up-toy parrot. You mimic phrases but have zero understand of what's coming out.

Comment

ahem, you forget

i'm an old mechanical engineer so logic/data means a lot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            How are you able to make these as back to back posts, yet not feel like an absolute imbecile?

You're a wind-up-toy parrot. You mimic phrases but have zero understand of what's coming out.
                            so cale and brave, do you both agree the science is settled, that there is such a thing as "settled science"?

and anthropogenic global warming is being disproved almost daily with the lack of confirming data to support the mathematical global warming models from the alarmist scientists.

and that is the point, no? there is no confirming data, anywhere, at all, that proves your many hypotheses that man is the driving force behind the warming that is being measured. infact there is no confirming data that supports that CO2 is the driving greenhouse gas that has caused any of the measured warming.

i don't expect you to agree.

and mr massive, i too am an non-conforming skeptic who is non-religious. i do believe you have the roles reversed however
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

How can we not know enough about climate change? There is almost direct correlation with Emissions of Greenhouse gases and temperature increase, taking both land and ocean temperatures into account.

We've studied this shit for the last 500+ years, in the last 60 years we went to another orbital body but we can't accept that we are the cause of our planets deterioration? How can we be so smart but stupid to you guys. The problem isn't lack of knowledge, its propaganda and ignorance.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

Funny thing about that though, if I am not mistaken, the temperature readings from our remote controlled cars on Mars have been showing an increase in temperature that us nearly the same as here on the blue marble.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X