Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    There is no logic/data that supports CO2 as the driver of warming.
    Ignoring logic because it's not relevant, there's no data to support co2 as the predominant gas effecting climate change? None, zero, zilch?

Whether or not you agree with AGW science, whether or not it's even a reality, making the absolute statement that there is zero data to support it is completely idiotic and unquestionably false. The data doesn't have to prove AGW to be true, it has to support the hypothesis.

Everything else you wrote is irrelevant because you can't even grasp simple concepts of how science works.

Comment

Having a beer with others that don't see the world as I do is always worthwhile if one can disagree in a civil way.

You wouldn't know this but I was a mechanical/hydraulic engineer at one time. I now help people in finance/retirement finance and investing. One of my challenges in finance is that unlike engineering, logic has little to do with investing. That is why I love it, every day is different and a challenge.

The AGW crowd is for the most part driven by politics and not by science. Disagree with the likes of Gore and Mann and you are shouted down and insulted. There is no such thing as consensus in science as wierd as that sounds. There are theories that are accepted until proven to be no longer be true (ulcers). There is no logic/data that supports CO2 as the driver of warming. And before Brave gets started, all of what I am saying is available online for anyone that cares to look.

The entire AGW argument comes down to models that are supposed to predict climate in the future. Ice cores etc. do not validate the models. CO2 is a greenhouse gas but has never been the driver of global warming historically (ice core data and CO2 lag after warming). Michael Mann's hockey stick has been proven, beyond argument, to be a joke, yet is perhaps the most influential piece of crap ever dreamed up. Yet you ask the USA to regress technically, permanently curse 3rd world economies to poverty all on an unproven hypothesis that man and his CO2 is the problem.

There is warming, has been for a long time, long before we started emitting large amounts of CO2. Al Gore, Mann are in the movement for money and fame. None of their predictions have come to be. I'm thinking the logic dictates being a skeptic.
      lol

Comment

I couldn't read that past the second sentence.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Having a beer with others that don't see the world as I do is always worthwhile if one can disagree in a civil way.
          I agree. And I don't think we'd have any issues getting heated discussing this, or any other topic.

I doubt we'd come to a consensus on many subjects either, but at least I would have something other than your P&R views with which to relate.

I disagree with the rest of your quoted post regarding general acceptances of data in the scientific community. There is an overwhelming consensus regarding climate change. I enjoy the conspiracy card as much as the next guy, and do agree... policy usually follows the money. But when it comes to climate change, as you even stated, money is NOT the motivator. It would cost far more money (and financial political support) to form policy that would greatly change our carbon impact.

^Now, don't mistake the above for me wanting vast change in policy. We need gradual change, which is something the eco-warriors (for lack of a better term) are opposed to. They want swift and immediate, that quite frankly, is unrealistic.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

three tropical storms/hurricanes through the caribbean/gulf of mexico in a row.

houston's underwater, florida's next. the storm after irma is still forming.

are we still skeptical? or did god just feel like hitting the southeast with a street fighter combo move?
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

It's punishment for voting in Trump.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                three tropical storms/hurricanes through the caribbean/gulf of mexico in a row.

houston's underwater, florida's next. the storm after irma is still forming.

are we still skeptical? or did god just feel like hitting the southeast with a street fighter combo move?
                rather than look at current hurricanes and storms as evidence of AGW we should focus on the the thousands studies which confirm that it is in fact, real.

Comment

I realize these guys don't know anything but.....

March 22, 2017
                  Sea Ice Extent Sinks to Record Lows at Both Poles

Arctic sea ice appears to have reached on March 7 a record low wintertime maximum extent, according to scientists at NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colorado. And on the opposite side of the planet, on March 3 sea ice around Antarctica hit its lowest extent ever recorded by satellites at the end of summer in the Southern Hemisphere, a surprising turn of events after decades of moderate sea ice expansion.
                  Arctic sea ice appears to have reached on March 7 a record low wintertime maximum extent, according to scientists at NASA and the NASA-supported National Snow

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    rather than look at current hurricanes and storms as evidence of AGW we should focus on the the thousands studies which confirm that it is in fact, real.
                    have you not noticed that approach isn't working with gwb72tii? :P
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

Goebbels: keep repeating a falsehood enough and it becomes the truth...follow the dollars. Gwb ain't getting rich by calling bullshit on agw.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                        Goebbels: keep repeating a falsehood enough and it becomes the truth...follow the dollars. Gwb ain't getting rich by calling bullshit on agw.

So if I go to the bank and tell the teller there are 10 more zeros before the decimal then there are 1000 times I can withdraw millions????

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

have you not noticed that approach isn't working with gwb72tii? :P
                          lol he's a stupid trump voter what do you expect

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                            So if I go to the bank and tell the teller there are 10 more zeros before the decimal then there are 1000 times I can withdraw millions????
                            Ever heard of the Federal Reserve system?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

if you could get rich arguing that climate change threatens the future habitability of earth for humans, i'd be doing that instead of writing code.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

if you could get rich arguing that climate change threatens the future habitability of earth for humans, i'd be doing that instead of writing code.
                                The way you converse with other human beings does not lend well for you persuading anyone. No you will still be writing code because that's where you have acquired the skills. It isn't being a people person.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X