Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/why...Why_We_29.html

"It is instructive to recall the objectives for NASA that emerged in section 102 of the final Space Act:
    1. The expansion of human knowledge of phenomena in the atmosphere and space;
    2. The improvement of the usefulness, performance, speed, safety, and efficiency of aeronautical and space vehicles;
    3. The development and operation of vehicles capable of carrying instruments, equipment, supplies, and living organisms through space;
    4. The establishment of long-range studies of the potential benefits to be gained from, the opportunities for, and the problems involved in the utilization of aeronautical and space activities for peaceful and scientific purposes;
    5. The preservation of the role of the United States as a leader in aeronautical and space science and technology and in the application thereof to the conduct of peaceful activities within and outside the atmosphere;
    6. The making available to agencies directly concerned with national defense of discoveries that have military value or significance, and the furnishing by such agencies, to the civilian agency established to direct and control nonmilitary aeronautical and space activities, of information as to discoveries which have value or significance to that agency;
    7. Cooperation by the United States with other nations and groups of nations in work done pursuant to this Act and in the peaceful application of the results thereof;
    8. The most effective utilization of the scientific and engineering resources of the United States, with close cooperation among all interested agencies of the United States in order to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort, facilities and equipment"

You would have to bastardize the above objectives to make "researching and formulating opinions on climate change" something legitimate that NASA should be doing. I am not denying that the agency has been politicized and as such, other departments were created within NASA. But they are a serious distraction from their original purpose.

Look, I don't think iPhone makers should only be growing apples in Washington. Your tactic of hyperbole lead to your claims. NASA's name, a government agency, along with the objectives stated for it above, was never intended to do the work it is doing on climate shit.

"No one is saying there is consensus!"

It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific […]

And as I have always said, talk to a geologist about global warming:

The point is that EVERYTHING is a political opportunity. Most people fail to recognize it for what it is.

And to the fella posting just above: From your own link, the goal of GISS was this: Research areas included the structure of Earth, Moon, and other planetary bodies; the atmospheres of Earth and the other planets; the origin and evolution of the solar system; the properties of interplanetary plasma; Sun-Earth relations; and the structure and evolution of stars.

And here is an old ass opinion article that blows up what GISS has been turned into. https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2df08c536963

You guys are so stuck up each other's asses it is just gross.

Take a look at the first thing in your post that I see you only posted the parts you THINK make your point Why might that be?

Are you a sad clown? Do you need a hug?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
      Take a look at the first thing in your post that I see you only posted the parts you THINK make your point Why might that be?

Are you a sad clown? Do you need a hug?
      If I am a sad clown, you are an illiterate one. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Your sentence is incoherent at best.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

If I am a sad clown, you are an illiterate one. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Your sentence is incoherent at best.
        Your inability to understand does not make me illiterate.

I see I have struck a nerve, nice attempt at an attack, shame it was as feeble as all of your nonsense.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

https://www.nasa.gov/exploration/why...Why_We_29.html

"It is instructive to recall the objectives for NASA that emerged in section 102 of the final Space Act:
          1. The expansion of human knowledge of phenomena in the atmosphere and space;
            [...]

You would have to bastardize the above objectives to make "researching and formulating opinions on climate change" something legitimate that NASA should be doing. I am not denying that the agency has been politicized and as such, other departments were created within NASA. But they are a serious distraction from their original purpose.

[...]

And to the fella posting just above: From your own link, the goal of GISS was this: Research areas included the structure of Earth, Moon, and other planetary bodies; the atmospheres of Earth and the other planets; the origin and evolution of the solar system; the properties of interplanetary plasma; Sun-Earth relations; and the structure and evolution of stars.

And here is an old ass opinion article that blows up what GISS has been turned into. https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#2df08c536963
          CO2 is in our atmosphere and climate study expands human knowledge of the phenomena. And as shown, this was a focus of NASA long before Obama was president.

And if you don't respect GISS, what is your preferred source of climate science? NOAA? No, wait, it is Larry Bell - what is his background in climate science again? Oh, he's just an advisor for The Heartland Institute - no political inspiration there...

Comment

Your inability to understand does not make me illiterate.

I see I have struck a nerve, nice attempt at an attack, shame it was as feeble as all of your nonsense.
            Dude, seriously?

Originally posted by illiteratebink
            Should it read: "Take a look at the first thing in your post. That I see you only posted the parts you THINK make your point Why might that be?"

That isn't right, how about this: "Take a look at the first thing in your post that I see you only posted the parts you. Think make your point. Why might that be?"

Are you trying to say something like this? "Take a look at the first thing in your post. That. I see you only posted the parts you think make your point. Why might that be?"

Fuck, communication is the responsibility of the person trying to get their point across.

It wasn't an attack, it was a complaint about your ability to communicate.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
              CO2 is in our atmosphere and climate study expands human knowledge of the phenomena. And as shown, this was a focus of NASA long before Obama was president.

And if you don't respect GISS, what is your preferred source of climate science? NOAA? No, wait, it is Larry Bell - what is his background in climate science again? Oh, he's just an advisor for The Heartland Institute - no political inspiration there...
              Forrest for the trees man. I don't have a problem with GISS' original intent, just like I don't have a problem with the way BMWs used to be made. Is it not a fair commentary to say that what once was has been bastardized?

And for you to justify global warming research under the banner of: The expansion of human knowledge of phenomena in the atmosphere; well that is a massive stretch, especially in the context of all the other objectives.

You guys sure do like to justify, justify, justify. Its cute to watch!

What I don't understand is that you folks were skeptical of Halliburton because Dick Cheney ran the place before becoming vice president and that was reason enough to be skeptical of Halliburton's involvement in the reconstruction of Iraq (and justified, kinda), yet when I apply the same skepticism towards something WAY farther reaching like Global Warming, I get treated like a moron.

You bastards will not have it both ways.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Forrest for the trees man. I don't have a problem with GISS' original intent, just like I don't have a problem with the way BMWs used to be made. Is it not a fair commentary to say that what once was has been bastardized?

And for you to justify global warming research under the banner of: The expansion of human knowledge of phenomena in the atmosphere; well that is a massive stretch, especially in the context of all the other objectives.

You guys sure do like to justify, justify, justify. Its cute to watch!

What I don't understand is that you folks were skeptical of Halliburton because Dick Cheney ran the place before becoming vice president and that was reason enough to be skeptical of Halliburton's involvement in the reconstruction of Iraq (and justified, kinda), yet when I apply the same skepticism towards something WAY farther reaching like Global Warming, I get treated like a moron.

You bastards will not have it both ways.

You are trying too hard. Take a break.

Comment

Dude, seriously?

Should it read: "Take a look at the first thing in your post. That I see you only posted the parts you THINK make your point Why might that be?"

That isn't right, how about this: "Take a look at the first thing in your post that I see you only posted the parts you. Think make your point. Why might that be?"

Are you trying to say something like this? "Take a look at the first thing in your post. That. I see you only posted the parts you think make your point. Why might that be?"

Fuck, communication is the responsibility of the person trying to get their point across.

It wasn't an attack, it was a complaint about your ability to communicate.
                  Yup hit that nerve hard.

Comment

Yup hit that nerve hard.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Hablo inglés perfectamente.

Comment

Hablo inglés perfectamente.
                        Clearly, no.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Clearly, no.
                          Clearly not only do I speak perfectly I can make myself understood.

I do not have to resort to name calling, silly username bastardization and attacking.

I am sorry my mastery makes you feel so small. Perhaps if you work on it your self-esteem will improve.

Comment

Clearly not only do I speak perfectly I can make myself understood.

I do not have to resort to name calling, silly username bastardization and attacking.

I am sorry my mastery makes you feel so small. Perhaps if you work on it your self-esteem will improve.
                            Does it get old always having to deflate your head so you can get through a door frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                              Does it get old always having to deflate your head so you can get through a door frame?
                              What gets old is people that think they know everything. That makes one unteachable.

Comment

What gets old is people that think they know everything. That makes one unteachable.
                                Its inflating some more.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X