No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do any of you pro the world is melting guys have solar panels?
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
      Too expensive in my part of the country vs energy costs.

My avg electricity bill $53/month for a 1200sq ft house. Avg natural gas (natural gas for water heater, oven, furnace) is around $55/month.

It would cost something like 10%+ of the purchase price of my house to get in a solar system..........just not worth it.

In the future, I'd like to add solar panel and solar water heater (with gas backup).
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

agree with this.
        shitty thing is, there are alot of people who do want to be told what to do.
        I think they are bat shit crazy and have no common sense, but that's just me.
        So it's ok if I go take a shit on your lawn? Don't tell me where I can shit. It's my freedom to take a shit wherever I want, whenever I want. That's just common sense.

I live in NC, and like to hike in the mountains often. The effects of Acid Rain on many species of plants and trees there are noticeable especially at higher elevations. Much of that has been proven to be directly caused by Coal fired power plants in Tennessee. How is it ok to pollute and essentially destroy the beautiful mountains of my state without any restrictions or regulations on the polluters?

You can pose the same exact question with regards to Climate change. It is having a physical, proven, detrimental and costly effect on the environment in my state where I reside and plan to reside as long as possible. And I'm not talking about possible problems. I'm talking current measurable problems. It is not your god given right to do "burn outs" in your Chevy if it impacts my life and environment negatively.
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

seriously herbivor your retarded. it's not common sense to shit on someones lawn when there are toilets to be used everywhere, we don't live in the caveman era. where did you get your common sense from?

shouldn't matter the cost your helping the world from global warming, am I right?
            but anyone with solar panels please let me know, I have a test for you to conduct, and you might learn something, if you don't already know.

has anyone really thought hard on other aspects than just pollution?

Comment

I want to but the wife doesn't want to do the D.O.E. loan. which is lame, the $100 month payment would easily be paid for by not having a real power bill and then some during the summer. We have a sweet deal in WA where you can buy panels made in the state (right here in town, in fact) and you'll get a 10 year contract for 54c per kwh for 10 years. plus there's the tax credit.

I think it expires at the end of the year so I'm hoping I can get a shop to come give me an estimate and maybe that'll convince her it's worth doing..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

seriously herbivor your retarded. it's not common sense to shit on someones lawn when there are toilets to be used everywhere, we don't live in the caveman era. where did you get your common sense from?

shouldn't matter the cost your helping the world from global warming, am I right?
                but anyone with solar panels please let me know, I have a test for you to conduct, and you might learn something, if you don't already know.
                I'm not even sure what you're arguing for/against.

I think most people are aware that solar hasn't quite reach cost parity per kwh with coal generated power plants. that's not even the point. got any other zingers to share with the class?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                  Hottest on record in comparison to what? Which data set? What time period? I don't see a point in arguing over .xyz°, but sadly its what everyone is doing.
                  The point isn't in that the temp changed hundreths of a degree in some certain period that seems confirmatory for either side.
                  Well, here's one set of data:

A collection of monthly summaries recapping climate-related occurrences on both a global and national scale

The globally-averaged temperature for September 2012 tied with 2005 as the warmest September since record keeping began in 1880. September 2012 also marks the 36th consecutive September and 331st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average.
                  The global land temperature was the third warmest September on record, at 1.84°F (1.02°C) above the 20th century average of 53.6°F (12.0°C). The margin of error is ±0.45°F (0.25°C).
                  For the ocean, the September global sea surface temperature was 0.99°F (0.55°C) above the 20th century average of 61.1°F (16.2°C), tying with 1997 as the second warmest September on record. This was also the highest monthly global ocean temperature departure from average for any month since May 2010. The margin of error is ±0.07°F (0.04°C).

Comment

well nando just wanted to let people know that solar panels are very inefficeint unless pretty much cleaned everyday and don't have any shade at all on them, even shade the size of your finger will kill them and dirt/fouling. For how much money they cost they sure do suck.

Comment

ok. convincing argument.

I can log into my co-worker's solar panels and read his power generation stats for a 9x2 array. seems to be working just fine. each panel has it's own IP adress and shows individual power output tracked in real time. It's an overcast day in WA and he's currently producing 1000w (at an average rate of 6.5kwh). he's on track to produce 400kwh in october, in a northern lattitude state that sees long stretches of nothing but clouds/rain.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        the worst part about your whole argument is none of this actually happened.
                        you friend need to get your head out of the sand
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

you should find a new brand of aluminum foil, I think yours might be contaminated with lead. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

gee rwh, looks like someone disagrees with you. go figure, eh?

its even from a liberal publication so i'm sure you've read it, just didn't remember.
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                gee rwh, looks like someone disagrees with you. go figure, eh?

its even from a liberal publication so i'm sure you've read it, just didn't remember.
                                http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...is-thicker.htm
                                link = usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/science/cold-science/2002-01-18-wais-thicker.htm
                                Article Date: 2002-01-18
                                Copyright 2002 The Associated Press.
                                Yeah, let me know how those new measurements from January 2002 disprove this chart...

You can actually see that high data point in the chart, and where the ice mass has gone in the decade since the article you posted.

Way to prove your can't actually read.
                                Last edited by rwh11385; 10-16-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X