Obama will veto anti-net neutrality legislation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
    Sorry, it just sounds like you have a fundamental misunderstanding as to what net neutrality is, or you can't articulate your point very well.

What does "Net Neutrality" mean to you?

What does the Patriot act mean to you? Is it *patriotic* because it says it's patriotic? If you don't understand what I mean now, the fundamental misunderstanding is on your part.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Can't answer a simple question? Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post

That was hardly a deflection. You just have to be smart enough to get the point. Which I've made more than clear.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

:rofl:

So anyway, net neutrality isn't a bill. It's a concept. It's the same idea as civil rights and equality. Anyone who has a brain should realize that net neutrality is good because sites like r3v(and any website that anyone wants to create) can be visited by anyone in the world that has access to the internet. edit: net neutrality can be considered similar to anti-trust as well.

If you fundamentally think that the internet should be biased to what sites you can visit/not visit I don't think you should be living in the US.

I think that net neutrality is aligned with your views Joshh, but your views are too clouded to see that--Or you simply don't understand the concept.(I believe the latter because you simply deflected the question about defining net neutrality)
          Last edited by Jaxx_; 11-15-2011, 12:15 AM.
          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
            That was hardly a deflection. You just have to be smart enough to get the point. Which I've made more than clear.
            The only person who thinks you are good at communicating your point is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
              :rofl:

So anyway, net neutrality isn't a bill. It's a concept. It's the same idea as civil rights and equality. Anyone who has a brain should realize that net neutrality is good because sites like r3v(and any website that anyone wants to create) can be visited by anyone in the world that has access to the internet. edit: net neutrality can be considered similar to anti-trust as well.

If you fundamentally think that the internet should be biased to what sites you can visit/not visit I don't think you should be living in the US.

I think that net neutrality is aligned with your views Joshh, but your views are too clouded to see that--Or you simply don't understand the concept.(I believe the latter because you simply deflected the question about defining net neutrality)

So you admit it's unconstitutional. That's a good start. No it's not a bill but it should have been.

It's not about the sites it's about ISPs.
              So you find out your ISP is blocking some of the places/content you want. What do you do then. Hint-change ISP's. The internet has existed for a very long time without the need to interfere like this. Smart ISPs don't block content or their competitors get more cash. That's called the free market self correcting itself.

Are you in favor of the Government telling businesses how to run *their* business? Just keep bailing them out when they fuck up badly as well right?

There's a difference between the Government interfering when companies are doing immoral shit (fucking the customer) and interfering when companies are doing things that are a simple bad business discussion.

The only person who thinks you are good at communicating your point is you.

It's always the left (you for example) I have to spell it out for.

Comment

hopeless. this is my last reply in this thread.
                '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

just leave this here
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                  X