Adam Carolla explains the OWS Generation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    From my adventures in life, most of the kids that are like OWS crowd typically seem to be entitled sons and daughters of upper middle or wealthy parents. No rational poor or middle class student would study philosophy with a lot of student loans. My friends that are from less than well off families study stable career majors like accounting, engineering, nursing, etc. And are so happy to be in college that they don't waste the opportunity. (No luxury to do anything else either) Alternatively, my friends from rich families take the world for granted, aren't pressed to find hireable skills in college, and often advocate for taxing the wealthy which they themselves derive life funding.
    Interesting and definitely it would be good to see actual data to support such conceptions of the OWS crowd instead of assuming as much though.

    While high off my ass last night I was speaking with my political discussion friend who supports the OWS in the San Diego crowd. No matter how much fundementally un american I told her the progressive tax was she still held to the belief of the rich should pay their "fair share". It seems like a lot of people observe white collar crime injustices and misconstrue the solution to such problems in higher taxes in order to artificially keep the poor from getting poorer and the rich from getting richer. What a mess.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    My bad, I misremembered some of the numbers.

    The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    That would be interesting to see. So are we calling successful middle class people spoiled or that these 'kids' come from such backgrounds but no longer have such accommodations?
    From my adventures in life, most of the kids that are like OWS crowd typically seem to be the entitled sons and daughters of upper middle or wealthy parents. No rational poor or middle class student would study masters level philosophy with a lot of student loans. My friends that are from less than well off families study stable career majors like accounting, engineering, nursing, etc. And are so happy to be in college that they don't waste the opportunity. (No luxury to do anything else either) Alternatively, my friends from rich families take the world for granted, aren't pressed to find hireable skills in college, and often advocate for taxing the wealthy which they themselves derive life funding.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    Source? Not surprised or disagreeing with but curious so can use.
    That would be interesting to see. So are we calling successful middle class people spoiled or that these 'kids' come from such backgrounds but no longer have such accommodations?

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Avg home price in NYC, $200k.

    Avg home price of OWS protestors in NYC who were arrested, $400k.


    It's not about helping the downtrodden, it's about spoiled middle-class white kids angry their Philosophy/Liberal Arts degree is basically worthless.
    Source? Not surprised or disagreeing with but curious so can use.

    Leave a comment:


  • MarshallM
    replied
    ^ Thats social engineering which is sure to have some horrible unintended consequences. I dont think our leaders which cant even balance a budget can manage a system that regulates reproduction.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lof8
    replied
    Originally posted by bwawuz02
    Yes, natural selection is a bitch.

    But with an ounce of compassion, I would happily volunteer to spay and neuter the parents of those kids you like to mentor. I would also donate money to drug test everyone on welfare, hell I'd even watch them piss to make sure it was legit.

    Yes, it's wiki, flame away... sound familiar?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy
    Both great ideas. We need to regulate reproduction. Way too much irresponsible trash being perpetuated. Written competency test and financial qualification. If you can't support a child, you can't have one.

    Leave a comment:


  • gwb72tii
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta
    I agree with Gordon ( vedubin ). No one is going to help me raise my kids, or pay my bills. So if I decide to bring another life into this world I better be ready to support it.

    It quite simple really. Cant support the children you bring into this world?
    Then don't have sex and keep your dick in your pants.

    I have ZERO empathy for that lady with 15 children, or anyone else for that matter. Its 2011 not the 1800's. Children are expensive and cost money. It is unrealistic that individuals like that will be able to care for a family of that size.

    Whats sad is that the people that usually believe that the "system" will take care of them, are usually the most ignorant.
    being ignorant and believing/wanting/expecting the system to take care of them is a requirement

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    check out this Government Spin message pushed though Sesame Street....


    Sesame Street Muppet Pitches Government Dependence: Free Food at School

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    I agree with Gordon ( vedubin ). No one is going to help me raise my kids, or pay my bills. So if I decide to bring another life into this world I better be ready to support it.

    It quite simple really. Cant support the children you bring into this world?
    Then don't have sex and keep your dick in your pants.

    I have ZERO empathy for that lady with 15 children, or anyone else for that matter. Its 2011 not the 1800's. Children are expensive and cost money. It is unrealistic that individuals like that will be able to care for a family of that size.

    Whats sad is that the people that usually believe that the "system" will take care of them, are usually the most ignorant.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    ^If it's so easy to pass, then why bother testing to begin with?

    you are way smarter than that Z31.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    ^If it's so easy to pass, then why bother testing to begin with?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    I was not aware that they started testing before it was blocked. I just knew it was blocked pretty quickly.


    BUT:


    Urine samples are very easy to pass, I'm sure most of R3v could not argue that.

    Blood or Hair samples would be the way to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr Two
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Florida, passed the law but was overturned saying it was unconstitutional.

    No state has yet tested welfare people for drugs.





    But they did do testing, before the law was blocked.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    That may be true. ^
    I was mostly referring to the -school lunch/let the children be naturally selected- posts.

    Leave a comment:

Working...