Adam Carolla explains the OWS Generation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • scabzzzz
    replied
    Everytime I come into this section, I realize why I dont. Because people like Vedubbin exist.
    If this country was rid of people like him, everything would be all right.


    Im 100% serious when I say that.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by bwawuz02
    Yes, natural selection is a bitch.

    But with an ounce of compassion, I would happily volunteer to spay and neuter the parents of those kids you like to mentor. I would also donate money to drug test everyone on welfare, hell I'd even watch them piss to make sure it was legit.

    Yes, it's wiki, flame away... sound familiar?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward...Piven_strategy
    1. Natural Selection is an evolutionary theory and isn't related even minutely.

    2. Nobody in their right mind, even the OWS dolts, is advocating for Cloward & Piven's strategy.

    I don't have a problem with drug testing welfare recipients. There should be certain stipulations that come with social aid. Is the implementation of the tests feasible when you start laying out a detailed plan?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    It was a tongue n cheek comment. Haha
    Ohhh... Haha damn internet. Well if you figure out how please let me know.

    Leave a comment:


  • bwawuz02
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    So kids of deadbeat parents die?
    Yes, natural selection is a bitch.

    But with an ounce of compassion, I would happily volunteer to spay and neuter the parents of those kids you like to mentor. I would also donate money to drug test everyone on welfare, hell I'd even watch them piss to make sure it was legit.

    Yes, it's wiki, flame away... sound familiar?

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Haha... how did you get that from what I was saying? What I was trying to say is that if you bust your ass to make millions, that's great (I actually believe the notion that money comes from hard work). But you still shouldn't get more of a say in matters that affect my way of life.

    In other words, corporations or wealth shouldn't have an influence in our government. Which in turn has an influence in our daily lives, or our way of life.
    It was a tongue n cheek comment. Haha

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Then how would some make millions without busting their ass?
    Haha... how did you get that from what I was saying? What I was trying to say is that if you bust your ass to make millions, that's great (I actually believe the notion that money comes from hard work). But you still shouldn't get more of a say in matters that affect my way of life.

    In other words, corporations or wealth shouldn't have an influence in our government. Which in turn has an influence in our daily lives, or our way of life.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    And that's true and fine. My position on the subject is no entangling treaties, open trade and no more policing the world unless under direct threat... which the qualifications really need to be narrowed down to work.
    When's the last time the US adhered to a treaty? Haha. Our standard of living isn't conducive to completely open trade.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by KenC
    Hegemony doesn't refer simply to military presence. I agree we could cut military spending in half and still be fine.
    And that's true and fine. My position on the subject is no entangling treaties, open trade and no more policing the world unless under direct threat... which the qualifications really need to be narrowed down to work.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    I agree with Adam 100%....

    BUT... I don't think corporate america should have an influence in our government.

    You can bust your ass and make millions. That's fine. But you don't get more of a say in the things that affect my way of life.
    Then how would some make millions without busting their ass?

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    I agree with Adam 100%....

    BUT... I don't think corporate america should have an influence in our government.

    You can bust your ass and make millions. That's fine. But you don't get more of a say in the things that affect my way of life.

    Leave a comment:


  • KenC
    replied
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    Whats wrong with that? Better relations with other countries, less money being frivolously spent through the military ( which also helps our global image) and the list can go on. This country does suffer from envy like carrola said, which includes our failing foreign policy.
    Hegemony doesn't refer simply to military presence. I agree we could cut military spending in half and still be fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    how was this banned from fox? backstory?
    I would speculate that what he says rings truth but doesn't sit well with the direction that fox wants the republican party to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    Originally posted by VinniE30

    It's unfortunate that now a days people that people who protest and criticize the government are looked down upon.
    Only if you look the part for being hated by the right and left wing snobs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dozyproductions
    replied
    even though I can respect what Carlin says man, don't post that quotation as some sort of absolute truth.

    Leave a comment:


  • VinniE30
    replied
    That was great and I agree with what he said.

    But what he was saying didin't have much to do with OWS. This is NOT what OWS is about. Yes, there may be some homeless and jobless people protesting but OWS is not about poor people getting things for free and people getting money for doing nothing, which I do NOT agree with.
    It's more about the government being corrupt and making decisions in favor of who funded their campaign rather than what's best for the majority of people in this country.(which is what the government's purpose is, to represent the majority.)

    It's unfortunate that now a days people who protest and criticize the government are looked down upon.
    Last edited by VinniE30; 12-03-2011, 04:38 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...