Terrible comparison. Who gets to vote multiple times for president? <insert Acorn joke>
Shareholder votes on executive compensation are advisory and nonbinding.
Adam Carolla explains the OWS Generation
Collapse
X
-
What? What are you talking about? If congressmen want to make money in the market they can simply try to sneak in chunks of legislation (like the pipeline in the NDAA) that benefit the companies they hold shares in... a la their portfolios as well. Really simple concept of greed.
edit: If we have high regulation to try to curtail corporate corruption, wouldn't that be an obvious idea for our elected officials?Leave a comment:
-
and? you only get 1 vote for president. So don't bother voting, right? that seems to be working out pretty well.
If most people truely thought that the CEO's made too much, they'd vote on pay packages. But they obviously either don't care, or don't care enough to do anything about it. even if somebody had 25% of a company all to themselves, the other 75% could vote them out. yet it doesn't happen.
and even if an institution owned a large part of a company - it's an investment. they have an interest in how that company performs, because they want their investment to increase in value, just like anyone else. So I guess that makes it a conspiracy?Leave a comment:
-
What are you talking about? That those people own multiple stocks and some of them overlap? So it's bad that they've diversified their investments? Can you tell me who most of those people are? because I haven't heard of any of them.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
-
you're right, it's all an evil, corporate consipiracy.FAIL
The vast majority of voting shares on the open market are owned by other corporations or banks. The execs and board members usually hold positions in multiple companies (both share issuer and holder) to ensure their own positions. If you're an outsider to the system of interlocking directorates your vote means jack shit. Why do you think 99% of shareholder votes to kick out an exec or board of directors fails?


And hey, wouldn't it be fun to manipulate gov policy while running a public corporation for private profit?


or, people are just greedy, apathetic and lazy.Leave a comment:
-
I can't beleive the pile of crap I just heard leave his mouth(just watched)! I always thought he was a funny dude... but while mostly everything he just said was true, he uses every good point he makes in the wrong context:|. He's a walking contradiction
The man is losing touch.
Peronally I'd love to see Jimmy Kimmel hire him to work on his show as a regular guest for comedy skits and stuff since they used to do the man show together.Leave a comment:
-
I voted back in April, but I just clicked the box that gave my voting rights to the board. Does that count?you took my point entirely backwards. I was saying people don't vote on shareholder issues like compensation packages. How many of you guys have voted on stock shares you own? if you own even 1 share, you get a vote. Just like people don't vote for president or congress or local government. I didn't say anything about blaming the president for our problems..Leave a comment:
-
FAILyou took my point entirely backwards. I was saying people don't vote on shareholder issues like compensation packages. How many of you guys have voted on stock shares you own? if you own even 1 share, you get a vote. Just like people don't vote for president or congress or local government. I didn't say anything about blaming the president for our problems..
The vast majority of voting shares on the open market are owned by other corporations or banks. The execs and board members usually hold positions in multiple companies (both share issuer and holder) to ensure their own positions. If you're an outsider to the system of interlocking directorates your vote means jack shit. Why do you think 99% of shareholder votes to kick out an exec or board of directors fails?


And hey, wouldn't it be fun to manipulate gov policy while running a public corporation for private profit?
Leave a comment:
-
you took my point entirely backwards. I was saying people don't vote on shareholder issues like compensation packages. How many of you guys have voted on stock shares you own? if you own even 1 share, you get a vote. Just like people don't vote for president or congress or local government. I didn't say anything about blaming the president for our problems..Leave a comment:



Leave a comment: