No announcement yet.

More evidence for legalization...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm torn because so many people view legal as being safe. "Well if it were dangerous it'd be illegal!" People are dumb. Maybe I have too little faith in humanity, but then again I lived in New Orleans for many years.
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

^

That has a lot to do with why I am very torn on this topic
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        ^

That has a lot to do with why I am very torn on this topic
        then outlaw driving. Obviously a lot of people die from it and statistically it's unsafe to do yet it's still considered a privilege. You can't stand for civil liberties and hate the legalization of marijuana in the same sentence. That by definition is hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          Come on now. You cannot punish the whole population because of a few idiots.

There is no "accurate test" for people driving completely high on pain killers either, but they get them.

I would rather people be high on the roads than innocent people getting gunned down in raids on the wrong house. Or dogs getting shot over 3.5 grams, while the whole family is terrorized by corporate thugs in uniform. Not to mention the millions of innocent people locked up and taken from their families JUST because they were trying to make a buck off of a HARMLESS plant.

Sorry, I am just very touchy when it comes to the UNCONSTITUTIONAL raping of my fellow humans over victimless "crimes"

Did you know that it is not illegal to be "high"? It is illegal to posses the plant... So right now, It is perfectly legal for me to drive down the road high, as long as I do not have any one me. Not saying I would... That is just how they got around the Constitution in the first place.
          And that's exactly why I have problem with it and why I posted that. If it's illegal to drive while drunk/under the effects of medications (legal meds), then it should also illegal to drive while under the influence of weed and any other mind altering substance. The roads in America are already full of idiot drivers. We don't need more of them that are inebriated from any substances. As far as I know there is no test out there that a cop could use to test for pot intoxication during a traffic stop.
          It's victimless till an idiot kills someone with their car because he was high from pot while driving.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
            then outlaw driving. Obviously a lot of people die from it and statistically it's unsafe to do yet it's still considered a privilege. You can't stand for civil liberties and hate the legalization of marijuana in the same sentence. That by definition is hypocrisy.
            where did driving come into my posts on this topic ??? While that is a key component to my feelings on this I feel much the same a josh does as well as the others that points that are similar to my feelings.

I fully admit I am bit hypocritical on this when you place it up against the rest of my core beliefs. I know I should be all for the total legalization of it all based on my general position on everything else. I just dont really know how to articulate my feeling on it well enough to jump into this one head long.

Exodus: How can it be perfectly legal for you to be driving while high or even be high from smoking pot?? That = possession by consumption. You know the same laws and interpretation of the law for Drunk Minors to be ticketed for possessing Alcohol even though there is not any left or a container around.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My friend who is battling cancer, never used cannabis before until her doctor prescribed it to help her keep her food down. It saved her life. I personally think all drugs should not only be legal but also free. Doing so would completely destroy the drug industry and all the criminality that goes along with it. People who become addicts do so to compensate for some chemical imbalances in their brain, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                And that's exactly why I have problem with it and why I posted that. If it's illegal to drive while drunk/under the effects of medications (legal meds), then it should also illegal to drive while under the influence of weed and any other mind altering substance. The roads in America are already full of idiot drivers. We don't need more of them that are inebriated from any substances. As far as I know there is no test out there that a cop could use to test for pot intoxication during a traffic stop.
                It's victimless till an idiot kills someone with their car because he was high from pot while driving.

A sobriety test, just like alcohol, a certain level of cognition is expected if you are behind the wheel.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  No, common sense doesn't because YEARS of evidence support legalization.

Look up stats in Amsterdam and now Portugal.
                  Amsterdam apparently has had enough of legal drugs
                  it is now or soon will be illegal for non residents to partake in the coffee shop culture
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    it is now or soon will be illegal for non residents to partake in the coffee shop culture

So? They want to end drug-tourism?
                    Last edited by z31maniac; 12-29-2011, 09:50 AM.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      Yeah, they're doing that because americans keep coming over because hurr it's legal, getting fucked up beyond their means, and passing out all over Amsterdam. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the american DEA pushing them to do this, either.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                        My friend who is battling cancer, never used cannabis before until her doctor prescribed it to help her keep her food down. It saved her life. I personally think all drugs should not only be legal but also free. Doing so would completely destroy the drug industry and all the criminality that goes along with it. People who become addicts do so to compensate for some chemical imbalances in their brain, regardless of whether it's legal or illegal.

Just a little side bar here....................... The how pray tell would there be any money there too fund the R&D of all these new drugs? Oh yeah thats right there wouldn't be any pharma, and we would still be blood letting and chanting to heal strep throat. Not to mention anything requiring surgery would be near death sentence. Lets go back to 1918 medical tech thats just what we want. *mutters and shakes head * Idealist hippies

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          Just a little side bar here....................... The how pray tell would there be any money there too fund the R&D of all these new drugs? Oh yeah thats right there wouldn't be any pharma, and we would still be blood letting and chanting to heal strep throat. Not to mention anything requiring surgery would be near death sentence. Lets go back to 1918 medical tech thats just what we want. *mutters and shakes head * Idealist hippies
                          Maybe I should've been more clear in suggesting the current illegal recreational drugs like marijuana, coke, and heroin. I did not mean the pharmaceutical drugs. If the government used half the money it uses to fight drug trafficking to buy and grow drugs to distribute freely to clinics, I guarantee the drug market as we know it and the criminality that goes with it would stop overnight.
                          sigpic

Comment

Now that makes bit more sense. I just know your penchant for railing on big companies and those that make money by "preying on the poor"

William Pitt-

Comment

We already have done the case study on banning drugs people want in this country.

Prohibition was pretty successful, no?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Way to throw any reasonable argument you had right out the window when you wrote this sentence. You would be driving while impaired and face similar consequences had you been driving down the road while drunk.

Way to take my quote out of context, the correct quote can be found below.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                Did you know that it is not illegal to be "high"? It is illegal to posses the plant... So right now, It is perfectly legal for me to drive down the road high, as long as I do not have any one me. Not saying I would... That is just how they got around the Constitution in the first place.
                                I did not ruin my argument. The part about driving high was simply to point out the holes in the entire prohibition agenda.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X