Sick Rantorum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick Rantorum

Former senator on Sunday defended a past statement that he “almost threw up” when he read 1960 JFK address on role of religion in public life.GOP presidential candidate on Sunday defended a statement he made last October in which he said that he “almost threw up” when he read John F. Kennedy’s 1960 House address on the role of religion in public life.

Former senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) on Sunday defended a statement he made last October in which he said that he “almost threw up” when he read John F. Kennedy’s 1960 Houston address on the role of religion in public life.

Rick cannot understand the difference between a "person of faith" participating in civic affairs, and "faith itself" guiding those affairs.

He is the New American Mullah.

he's an idiot.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Go 'Merica.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        he's an idiot.
        /thread
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

This guy is such a fucktard. I think everyone voting for Santorum should be disallowed to vote, and candidate that mentions god should be immediately dismissed from running for any form of government.
          sigpic
          1991 318is S52
          1987 325i Vert
          1991 325i
          2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
            This guy is such a fucktard. I think everyone voting for Santorum should be disallowed to vote, and candidate that mentions god should be immediately dismissed from running for any form of government.
            Good thing our country didn't enforce this in its early years.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
              It was a fad.

Comment

And(though I don't believe its right to be governed by a religion) separation of church and state was taken out of context from a private letter of George Washington. But I guess he was just a hipster into fads, so really, all of our founding fathers should be discredited.

Go here be happy!

Comment

separation of church and state does not exist in the constitution, its simply not there
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                    separation of church and state does not exist in the constitution, its simply not there
                    you are correct.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
                    well the religious right in this country have gone coo coo for cocoa puffs and they use their beliefs to force legislation on others. That's just shitty and why people are cautious about electing religious nutties. Funny how hollow this amendment is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                      well the religious right in this country have gone coo coo for cocoa puffs and they use their beliefs to force legislation on others. That's just shitty and why people are cautious about electing religious nutties. Funny how hollow this amendment is.
                      We agree there. There are so many legislations(mostly pro Islamic) and things being passed. Take the Mosque in NYC, the road shuts down for people to pray. Just in the middle of the street, but if anybody were to do anything, that be discriminating against their religion. As I said, I don't believe we should be governed by religion, but it obviously has its roles. It just needs to be kept from going out of hand.

Go here be happy!

Comment

They certainly didn't talk about it like they do now. At that time, for a man to say his running was "God's Will" or that when in office he would "do God's Will" would have been simply promoting another man's tyranny.

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

And these from the same author:

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

It's clear that the people who think this country was founded as a Christian one are drinking Draino......

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
                          While you are correct that the exact phrase "separation of church and state" is not written explicitly in the Constitution, its implication is indeed present and it has been upheld to a degree by the Supreme Court time and time again (see: the Lemon test). So if you were speaking on a 100% literal basis then you would quite correct, however if we examine the Constitution on a legal and practical basis we find that separation of church and state is indeed present, and that its exact connotation has been spelled out and upheld quite precisely by the Supreme Court.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                            They certainly didn't talk about it like they do now. At that time, for a man to say his running was "God's Will" or that when in office he would "do God's Will" would have been simply promoting another man's tyranny.

Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

And these from the same author:

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

It's clear that the people who think this country was founded as a Christian one are drinking Draino......
                            While I am a Christian, I never said Christianity. Even Benjamin Franklin who was known as a strong opponent to Christianity acknowledged that there must be a higher power.

Somewhat relate, the morals imbedded in our country's law are based, or at least resemble that of basic, Christian principles.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Somewhat relate, the morals imbedded in our country's law are based, or at least resemble that of basic, Christian principles.
                              Would you be kind enough to elaborate on the principles you believe to be uniquely Christian upon which our law is founded? Serious question.

Comment

Working...
                              X