Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot shoots 14 people at Batman movie in CO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I work at a movie theater, we had around 3000 people last night for the premier. We also had 2 hired police officers..

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Japanese C/J system is much much harsher than most of of the rest of the world. IIRC for the documentary I watched years ago, most inmates in japan are in something like a 6x6 box and are held in solitary 99.99% of the time. Not to mention the difference in cultures, Apples to encyclopedia Britannica much

That and look at the violent crime and gun crime stats in the UK, Australia and other palces that have recently banned or severely restricted firearms.

While this shit is very very tragic, and pisses me off to no end, its part of the price of freedom
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        have anything to back up that claim? Last time I checked Japan didn't have massacres involving gun's every few months.
        They also have very similar cultural values to the US as well.

Great comparison!

Crime in general is INCREDIBLY low in Japan.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I read about this elsewhere and they had claimed that the shooter was using and automatic weapon, apologies for being misinformed.

Tight regulations on certain weapons do prevent large numbers of crimes being perpetrated with those weapons, there's a reason these all out massacres are rare in parts of the world where it is not so easy to get your hands on arsenals as compared to the US.
          Its the left media that uses words like "automatic" and "assault weapons" loosely to enact fear into the reader or those of less understanding of such weapons.

Did I just read in Toronto just 3 days ago was a mass shooting. Aren't your gun laws more strict than here in America?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...4#.UAl-lT6P1aQ
          Last edited by Vedubin01; 07-20-2012, 09:34 AM.
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

No doubt this motherfucker is getting the needle.

Hearts go out to the victims and their families.
            sigpic
            Parts Wanted
            The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

Well wrap your brain around this. If you were allowed to carry in a movie theater, do you think there would of been more people there with guns? If that was that case that guy would of be taken down.

Comment

have anything to back up that claim? Last time I checked Japan didn't have massacres involving gun's every few months.
                I went to Ireland one time with the impression that the Irish are kind and non-violent people (which in general they are) and that it probably was due to the lack of guns and gun violence. Then about a day before leaving, there was this news story about how this kid beat another kid to death with a baseball bat, then proceeded to bead a toddler to death. Crazy is crazy but I think the number that would be killed by the crazies would be reduced if we had no guns at all. But since that will never happen I'm for people carrying for protection.
                sigpic

Comment

Of course you'd reference one particular incident. Toronto is often listed as the safest big city in North america, shit happens everywhere on occasion.

My point is the ease of access to all kinds of guns in America is likely a major contributing factor to the amount of violence resulting in death, it's hard to kill 16 people if all you have is a knife. If all those innocent lives could've been spared would you give up your weapons? Assuming all the risk (which is a byproduct of the amount of guns IMO) would you give up your guns?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Since this will end up getting into a gun and gun law debate I will just put it here, to begin with.
                    Dumbass

Comment

I noticed that a few in this thread mention they have CCW permits. I was looking at these, and it seems the reqs are pretty strict (as they should be). What reasons did you apply for/were approved for your permit?
                      sigpic
                      Parts Wanted
                      The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

Such a waste..
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

have anything to back up that claim?

here ya go...

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I don't really want to go down the Second amendment road. Crazy is crazy and it doesn't matter if he had a gun or not. Be glad the fucker didn't have a death wish and was strapped with explosives. It's still horrible what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by blocke View Post
                              I noticed that a few in this thread mention they have CCW permits. I was looking at these, and it seems the reqs are pretty strict (as they should be). What reasons did you apply for/were approved for your permit?
                              My right under the US Constitution. Nothing more needed

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X