Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot shoots 14 people at Batman movie in CO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Chicago and D.C.?
    Originally posted by cale View Post
    Keep slinging insults and generalizing whilst ignoring real statistics. You fail at producing an unbiased argument founded on facts, and the insults are just plain childish and ignorant. Your true colors are showing.
    Still waiting......
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

So... How do you think this will affect future moviegoers? Pat downs and metal detectors after the ticket booths? Motion Picture Security Administration?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        So... How do you think this will affect future moviegoers? Pat downs and metal detectors after the ticket booths? Motion Picture Security Administration?
        Most likely just ban costumes and have maybe an off duty officer at the theater nothing more.
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Still waiting......
          On what? Trying to call Toronto an unsafe city is laughable at best. The murder rates in Chicago are 5x greater with Detroit's being 10x greater, robbery rates are about 1/3 that of those two cities.

I'll take Toronto any day thanks, but feel free to keep looking for stains in an otherwise rather clean city if it validates your selective observations.

Comment

I hate coming in the P&R section due to the illogic thinking of some members. But wanted to say its such a waste of life due to one crazy nut job. R.I.P. to all that died due to the hands and mind of a psycho.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

On what? Trying to call Toronto an unsafe city is laughable at best. The murder rates in Chicago are 5x greater with Detroit's being 10x greater, robbery rates are about 1/3 that of those two cities.

I'll take Toronto any day thanks, but feel free to keep looking for stains in an otherwise rather clean city if it validates your selective observations.
              I find it funny that Legionnaires disease killed more people in Toronto during 2005 than this gunman did in a movie theatre, and you continue to go on about how gun laws or bans will improve a situation?

Yeah, ask the District of Columbia about that one. See how well it's worked for them.

This is a simple question. Say you are out for malicious intent (Because there is always a human that is, ALWAYS). Would you rather rob a person with a gun, or a person without a gun?

Would you rather go on a rampage in a movie theatre? Or an NRA meeting?

Now, make an entire nation full of people who don't have guns, or don't know how to get guns across a border.

Borders cannot, and will never be fully patrolled 100% of the time. To do so would involve half of the countries population, give or take. Because no countries border can 100% secure, you cannot say your 100% sure in the fact that nobody has guns in a country.

Would you rather invade them for their land and wealth, or a country chocked full of gun owners, where guns are frequently used?

Therefore it's really, really simple.

Because nobody can say with 100% accuracy and certainty that within the borders of their country there are no guns in the possession of civilians. Because nobody can say with 100% accuracy that there is nobody in a given place that is NOT out for malicious intent.
              AND, based off these very easily identifiable situations, I heartily choose to have my gun. I will NOT live in a place where I cannot defend myself legally from a person that is attacking me illegally.

Because:
              1: People know I have a gun, so someone is less likely to come in here. If someone is that desperate, it's going to happen regardless if I have one or not.

2. I am american. I value all that is the constitution. I do not value our politics, politicians, and the dumbfucks who think they can run america, but that's besides the point. I love my country.

3. I am an Eagle Scout. It's called "Be Prepared". I am prepared.

4. My government does not respect me. If shit really hits the fan and we fall into another civil war, I have my place in that fight.

5. I will do EVERYTHING in my power to protect my family, and the sanctity of my house. If need by, I will also do EVERYTHING in my power to protect those that need it, and need me to do it.

It really is just that simple.

That said. I hope the Jackass that went into that theatre and opened fire on innocent moviegoers gets absolutely nothing that he wanted. But that will never happen, because MM spoke it very true to form.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                Now, make an entire nation full of people who don't have guns, or don't know how to get guns across a border.

Would you rather rob a person with a gun, or a person without a gun?

Would you rather go on a rampage in a movie theatre? Or an NRA meeting?
                Plenty of nations do exist without many guns, and they're doing just fine with much lower violent and non-violent crime rates than the US.

I don't rob and I don't go on rampages, but if I were to do either of those I don't need to worry about my would-be victims having CCW's. Likewise I don't worry about needing to ward of any threats myself as I've never felt threatened where I live. It's a moot argument for me because it doesn't apply to me and I'm sorry if it applies to you.

I also don't recall every suggesting bans, I merely posed the question of accessibility to firearms being a factor in these occurrences. Thanks for validating my point though, you have created a nation where violence is so prevalent that having a gun is not an option but has become a necessity.
                Last edited by cale; 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Plenty of nations do exist without many guns, and they're doing just fine with much lower violent and non-violent crime rates than the US.
                  Prove it. Let's see some stats

Thanks for validating my point though, you have created a nation where violence is so prevalent that having a gun is not an option but has become a necessity.
                  Swing and a miss.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I also don't recall every suggesting bans, I merely posed the question of accessibility to firearms being a factor in these occurrences. Thanks for validating my point though, you have created a nation where violence is so prevalent that having a gun is not an option but has become a necessity.
                    How many of those other countries have a population of 330+m and more than 30 cities with more than 1/2 a million people with in the city Proper????

Again please see stats from the UK and Australia after they imposed their bans, Violent crime went up and so did GUN CRIME, riddle me that one oh great swami
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

You aren't very good at reading, please go back and tell me where I said anything about Toronto.

I was asking about Chicago and D.C., because after they imposed hand gun bans, their crime rates and gun crime rates INCREASED.

As sleeve said, explain that.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

those nations have much lower levels of personal liberty. the Constitution and the ACLU make the U.S. number one worldwide in terms of people doing as they wish.

Likewise I don't worry about needing to ward of any threats myself as I've never felt threatened where I live. It's a moot argument for me because it doesn't apply to me and I'm sorry if it applies to you.
                        must be nice. if you need to go to any downtown area in SoCal, you can expect to be maddogged by gang-bangers- if you have the sack to make eye contact, that is.

I also don't recall every suggesting bans, I merely posed the question of accessibility to firearms being a factor in these occurrences. Thanks for validating my point though, you have created a nation where violence is so prevalent that having a gun is not an option but has become a necessity
                        the ability of wackos to get guns is a regrettable result of personal liberty. these type of crimes (mental instability) are so rare that imposing restrictions on an essential American liberty to all Americans is not justified.

finally, the last statement is ludicrous- gun violence in america today is mostly due to the stupid drug war, not anything done by a r3v member.

Comment

You aren't very good at reading
                          Nor yourself, where did I suggest imposing hand gun bans? Reading between the lines in hopes you'll find something you can use against me hasn't bode well for you.

Like I said guys, it's a problem that cannot be solved. Perhaps I'm just trying to get you to admit you're living in a shit storm...but you can deny it all you'd like despite the facts stating otherwise

Sleeve rates are done per capita, don't think that your large population gets you out of it.

Jake that stat's aren't hard to find, visit Wiki...nothing I've said is remotely untrue. I'm on my phone and not about to start linking sry.

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                          must be nice. if you need to go to any downtown area in SoCal, you can expect to be maddogged by gang-bangers- if you have the sack to make eye contact, that is.
                          Cute, try to insult me to prove a point. I have no intent to go to that shit hole. I don't go where I'm not wanted nor where I wouldn't be safe. The fact that a major metropolitan area is an extremely dangerous place doesn't favour your argument very much in regards to America being awesome.
                          Last edited by cale; 07-20-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Nor yourself, where did I suggest imposing hand gun bans? Reading between the lines in hopes you'll find something you can use against me hasn't bode well for you.

Like I said guys, it's a problem that cannot be solved. Perhaps I'm just trying to get you to admit you're living in a shit storm...but you can deny it all you'd like despite the facts stating otherwise

Sleeve rates are done per capita, don't think that your large population gets you out of it.

Jake that stat's aren't hard to find, visit Wiki...nothing I've said is remotely untrue. I'm on my phone and not about to start linking sry.
                            Admit we live in a shit storm?

Whatever you say chief.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

For a nation known for leading the way in technology and advancements in science you have extremely bad statistics for violence and crime in comparison to other equally developed nations so yes...a shit storm IMO.

Comment

I'm just going to pop in long enough to say this:
                                You guys are making lots of claims, but no one is linking to shit. If you're going to have a debate, the first rule is keep it civil (most of you are) the second rule is back your shit up with some research! Even bad research is better than spouting off "facts".
                                -------------------------------------------------
                                1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                                2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Working...
                                X