Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot shoots 14 people at Batman movie in CO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a set of laws that encourages killing anyone with a concealed weapon. If you get shot, robbed, raped etc while carrying a gun, your attacker will not be prosecuted under any law. You choose to carry a weapon and fail to defend yourself... tough shit. Your attacker is a hero.
    Last edited by tjts1; 07-21-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Maybe if we ignore the troll it will go away????
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post

Sleeve: That's all wonderful, but there's no guarantee that all gun owners (legal or not) live by a set of rules. You carry something that can instantly kill a human being in means of self defense, but the strangers around you have no idea what the gears in your brain are doing.
        Well considering that on the order of <2% of gun or viloent crime is commited by ccw holders you have very little to worry about what's going through our minds when armed.

You strap your self into a 3-5k lb car every day which can kill or maim just as many if not more people, and the rest of us have no idea what the gears in your head are doing.

A gun too me is no differant than a cell phone, a pocket knife, a hammer, or hair brush. Its a tool for a job, a possiable unplesant job, but a job none the less. Its no more evil and dangerous than my cell phone, after all those cause cancer.
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-21-2012, 04:22 AM.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Unfortunately, this article is very true. It's even predicted what's happening in our very own R3V community. The last line is dark, horrible, but very true.

WASHINGTON—Americans across the nation confirmed today that, unfortunately, due to their extreme familiarity with the type of tragedy that occurred in a Colorado movie theater last night, they sadly know exactly how the events following the horrific shooting deaths of 12 people will unfold.
          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
            I hate every post you make Cale. You sound like a fucking moron, and I can only imagine what you're like in real life.
            Cool story, I'm glad I could impact your life so much that you actually give a shit.

We need a set of laws that encourages killing anyone with a concealed weapon. If you get shot, robbed, raped etc while carrying a gun, your attacker will not be prosecuted under any law. You choose to carry a weapon and fail to defend yourself... tough shit. Your attacker is a hero.
            Not sure if serious or just retarded

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

Not sure if serious or just retarded
              Agreed, that was the dumbest shit I've read this year.
              Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

5-10 Minutes until possible detonation of his apartment...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                  come at me bro, I will take you down.
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

im deeply disappointed that marilyn manson's poignant commentary was (almost) completely ignored. we, as humans, need to move past our obsession with violence and death.

totally OT i know, but is anyone else as excited as me for Expendables 2? that shit's gonna be sooooo awesome!
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

^
                      As much as we like to think of our selves as civilized and above the animals. We are not, we are a violent species with a long bloody history, that is not about to end any time soon. To think other wise is a bit optimistic, to put it nicely

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                      Why has this thread turned into the same old debate about guns? That discussion was ended when the founding fathers wrote the second amendment and signed the bill of rights. Gun laws wont ever stop gun violence, period. This is a deeper, psychological and social issue about why people do these sorts of things in the first place.

What people should be talking about here is the news media's role in this and the profiteering that results from it. They examine these events like a play by play announcer during a football game. It's sickening. If they stopped plastering the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless face all over TV then they remove any sort of glorification that these pieces of shit are looking for.

CNN and Fox News are a large reason that these events happen and they play a huge role in the way society reacts to these things. I hesitate to place blame on them, because the fucker was the one who pulled the trigger. Nonetheless, he did it because he wanted to be infamous and these obsolete TV news stations are giving him exactly what he wants.
                      we have well established that we all think the media is more to blame for this kinda shit than anything

“The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. “Wouldn’t you say,” she asked, “that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?” No, I said, I wouldn’t say that. “But what about Basketball Diaries?” she asked. “Doesn’t that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?” The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it’s unlikely the Columbine killers saw it. The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. “Events like this,” I said, “if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn’t have messed with me. I’ll go out in a blaze of glory.”
                      In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of “explaining” them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.”
                      — Roger Ebert "

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        im deeply disappointed that marilyn manson's poignant commentary was (almost) completely ignored. we, as humans, need to move past our obsession with violence and death.

totally OT i know, but is anyone else as excited as me for Expendables 2? that shit's gonna be sooooo awesome!
                        well. after reading his lamebrained apologia for columbine, it was obvious to me it doesn't apply to this case. nobody is blaming a certain lifestyle/music appreciation for this act. his 'arguments' are full of holes, anyway. it was treated by me with 'silent contempt' (mokusatsu).

as far as our obsession with violence and death it is the product of natural selection to regard other humans as expendable. sorry.

hth,
                        robert w.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                          We need you to shut the fuck up, actually.

Comment

in response to so many christian leaders claiming that this is their god punishing the usa for allowing homosexuality and the theory of evolution, someone on reddit made this:

lol.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

yes this is all the fault of religion Graph seems a bit inflated to me as well

Kershaw, I know your kinda the aggressive atheist type but this is even a new low for you.
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-21-2012, 09:02 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

That graph claims roughly 55 homicides per 10,000 people in the US? That's only about 100x the actual figure, which is around 5 per 100,000. Me thinks someone on reddit doesn't know wtf they're talking about or is simply making shit up. I'm surprised you'd post such an obviously inaccurate graph.

Comment

Working...
                                X