Chick-fil-a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    I dont think people really know what the president of Chick-fil-a really said, “While my family and I believe in the Biblical definition of marriage (between a male and female), we love and respect everyone, who disagrees.” How exaclty is this hate filled speech?
    In the same way, my attitude is the same. I don't believe that gays are making a correct choice and I definitely don't believe in their patten of lifestyle; but, I still respect them in their own manner of living and work to better understand why they choose the way they do. Like I said before, one of my shift leads works for CFA an he's gay, and shoot, well.. He's one of the coolest guys I know, we hang out after closing with the night group from time to time. I have no problem getting along with him, but don't I believe in his mindset.

Personally, for someone to come and say I have to believe in something I don't because it's the "politically correct" thing to do is the true bigot. What happened to people trying to understand my mindset? Did that go out the window just cause the system favors them over me..?

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    On another note, I wanted to grab some today, but the local chick-fil-a had about 100+ cars in the drive through, and a massive line out the building wrapping all the way around the back!
    :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      Nothing wrong with that, marriage is between and a man and a woman. if companies support your view that is isn't just between a man and a woman, than how is not their right to do so. there are people on both side and therefore you will have money flow on both side. and you cant say it's right for one side to be funded and not the other, just because you are on one side of the view.
      Not in some states... and that's not what some people believe is right.

Who said they can't fund what they want to fund? But consumers can judge that how they want and choose not to do business so those views they don't agree with don't get funded. The point is you were wrong about it just being the CEO and his family, instead the company as well, and what those contributions went to. People should be able to not support companies that support what they don't believe in.

What's hypocritical is conservatives call for the boycotting of companies that are LGBT-friendly, yet throw a hissie fit when people do the same for the opposite view?

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
      In the same way, my attitude is the same. I don't believe that gays are making a correct choice and I definitely don't believe in their patten of lifestyle; but, I still respect them in their own manner of living and work to better understand why they choose the way they do. Like I said before, one of my shift leads works for CFA an he's gay, and shoot, well.. He's one of the coolest guys I know, we hang out after closing with the night group from time to time. I have no problem getting along with him, but don't I believe in his mindset.

Personally, for someone to come and say I HAVE to believe in something I don't because it's the "politically correct" thing to do is the true bigot. What happened to people tryin to understand my mindset? Did that go out the widow just cause the system favors them over me..?

:nice:
      The Klan is allowed to exist, think what they want, and even exercise their freedom to assemble... but that doesn't mean that people need to go and try to "understand their mindset", nor limited from judging it as incorrect.
      Last edited by rwh11385; 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        The Supreme Court disagrees with you. And some nutjob former-hippie, now RWNJ - still without any ability to be logical or reason - doesn't matter in the determination of if it is or not.
        If you're referring to ME as a former hippie turned right wing nut job, i'll take that as a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
          If you're referring to ME as a former hippie turned right wing nut job, i'll take that as a compliment.
          Duh holmes. You went from one extreme without the ability to rationalize, nor do things like use logic or facts, and then reached the opposite extreme after some apparent 180 degree flip-flop.

Comment

The Klan is allowed to exist, think what they want, and even exercise their freedom to assemble... but that doesn't mean that people need to go and try to "understand their mindset", nor limited from judging it as incorrect.
            You can go ahead and play your childish games and continue to wave your proverbial KKK=Gay "intolerance" Red-card instead of providing me with a substantial and valid argument all you want

I'm not playing your game

On top of that: you failed to answer my completely valid question
            Last edited by JinormusJ; 08-01-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Duh holmes. You went from one extreme without the ability to rationalize, nor do things like use logic or facts, and then reached the opposite extreme after some apparent 180 degree flip-flop.
              I was trolling the whole time.

Comment

I'd say more than fine... Manager just called me and 3 other people in tonight to work a 5 hour shift until 10; that makes 15 total people on staff tonight. Average number for a regular night? 5...
                You can imagine how crazy it was for lunch..
                In fact.. I might go in after my clinicals tonight for an after hour sandwich..

Leave it to liberal media to give out the free publicity :up:
                I went by today and I knew, as I was making a left by Costco, that the traffic jam was due to the Chick-fil-A appreciation. Freakin packed at Old Canal Rd. McDonalds and Taco Bell must have been bummed, or maybe they got good business cause people didn't have time to wait at CFA. I ended up at Duke's.
                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  I was trolling the whole time.
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You cant fool us h0mie :)
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

You can go ahead and play your childish games and continue to wave your proverbial KKK=Gay "intolerance" Red-card instead of providing me with a substantial and valid argument all you want

I'm not playing your game

On top of that: you failed to answer my completely valid question
                    I don't think it's a card to play, it's the honest opinion of your views. I can't make you tolerant or empathetic, but I don't have to respect bigotry. I view your lack of respect for another person's civil rights the same as I do those who opposed the civil rights movement.

Which one?
                    Did that go out the window just cause the system favors them over me..?
                    No one can stop you from being ignorant, but people like you are stopping people from marrying the ones they love. The "system" right now - in states like NC at least - is leaning towards forcing the entire population to follow the beliefs of a national minority. HOW FAIR IS THAT?

The nation is supposed to favor the rights of everyone, not just of a select few.

At the end of the day, more states will go legal gay marriage, and gays will pack up and move to places that respect their rights and bring their money with them.
                    "If it's a manufacturer's desire to bring in wealthier, better-educated, younger customers, then the lesbian and gay market would be an avenue to that demographic," said Chris Travell, vice president of consulting for Maritz Research, which surveyed 200,000 consumers in 2011 and found that gay and lesbian households made 10% more money.

Comment

Let's get back to the relative stuff. This thread is making me hungry for some nuggets. I need some of their 32 piece nuggets with two containers of filet sauce. NOW!!!!
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Well, you missed my point so extremely and seemed to try to say that a consumer cannot make decisions based on what the company supports... so yeah. If you want to believe that, then why would YOU not buy diamonds that fund fighting?

Is it audacious to take your business elsewhere because you don't want to support that?

Tell me if it is or is not acceptable for a consumer to judge what a business supports with its profits when considering purchasing from them?? (make up your mind)
                        Orly?

I never said it's not acceptable to judge a business, don't get it twisted.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Since when did other people get to dictate what one does with their money?
                        Since those "other" people are one's customers or the consuming public.

You have every right to have an opinion about how they spend your money, but this post alone claims you support consumers not simply having an opinion but having a say as to how they spend their money. Perhaps you worded it poorly, so I'll make it more clear. Do you think consumers should have real control over how a company spends their profits, if that spending goes to causes the consumers disagree with strongly?

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          Orly?

I never said it's not acceptable to judge a business, don't get it twisted.

You have every right to have an opinion about how they spend your money, but this post alone claims you support consumers not simply having an opinion but having a say as to how they spend their money. Perhaps you worded it poorly, so I'll make it more clear. Do you think consumers should have real control over how a company spends their profits, if that spending goes to causes the consumers disagree with strongly?
                          Funny, you're the one who got it twisted about what I said. Maybe English is a challenging language for some, but I thought I was clear. I buy from companies who give to charities I like, or do good things in the communities. I don't buy from dickhole companies that do bad business practices, or support stuff I am against. I think Walmart muscles suppliers and does shady stuff, so I do not buy from them - for example.

Since those "other" people are one's customers or the consuming public. Remember the Pepsi Refresh project? Or similar from Chase and other companies? People like companies that support what they believe in.
                          You can cut out TWICE a sentence out from its context and twist what I said around, but people like companies that support the things they do. It's part of what a brand is about, especially with more and more "socially conscious" businesses grow. CFA obviously has its own brand and its own values, but they are growingly distancing themselves from people who don't "buy in" 100%. They've gone from just that weird restaurant to offending people.

Since when does that equate to me saying I can go back and force a company's hand to believe what I want? Ridiculous.

I'm glad you are absolutely certain you knew what I supposedly claimed. The point was that Chase and Pepsi got people excited about the companies giving back to communities and then perfectly aligned what their customers supported with where the money they set aside went to. Perhaps I ought to have gone and also mentioned the many companies who might do United Way or Susan G Komen, etc. (for all the assholes who want to tell me what I meant, so they don't get confused). But I didn't imagine anyone would have ever assumed I meant the consumers should be able to dictate every financial decision or value statement a company has.

If a company is spending profits to fund or support shit that consumers don't believe in, they should stop buying them. Do they not have that liberty in Canada??? In no way do I expect all companies to take demands from customers as to how they spend their money. We can simply choose to stop giving them any more and buy from brands we believe in. That is how you dictate how companies get money to do with what they want, in a free market at least. People can determine where their money goes - like to companies that share their values.
                          Last edited by rwh11385; 08-01-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Since when does that equate to me saying I can go back and force a company's hand to believe what I want? Ridiculous.
                            Right here.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Since when did other people get to dictate what one does with their money?
                            Since those "other" people are one's customers or the consuming public.
                            He asked when would customers be able to dictate what others do with their money, keyword here being dictate. You replied with a when, it's plain and simple. What follows afterwards doesn't negate that you provided a situation in which you think it's acceptable for consumers to decide what a company does with their profits.

Again I apologize for your poor wording, I'm also sorry you can't even comprehend it after having it pointed out to you.

Comment

All of this shit going on with chick fil a right now is giving them so much publicity. I've seen plenty of posts/pics on tumblr, blogs, articles, etc. They all have lines OUT THE DOOR!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                                Right here.

He asked when would customers be able to dictate what others do with their money, keyword here being dictate. You replied with a when, it's plain and simple. What follows afterwards doesn't negate that you provided a situation in which you think it's acceptable for consumers to decide what a company does with their profits.

Again I apologize for your poor wording, I'm also sorry you can't even comprehend it after having it pointed out to you.
                                Consumers influence what companies do by making purchases or not based on the company decisions or actions. [Look at BOA's quick debit fee whiplash, or Netflix's] You need customers to make the profits to do anything with them. Plain and simple, consumers control companies with where their (the customers') money goes. [A lot of people bailed on GoDaddy when they supported SOPA, and that changed their stance on the issue - but it was too late] Ignoring that consumer power is dumb.

I'm sorry your interpretation of my words wasn't correct and that you were steadfast you knew better of what I was saying. Perhaps reading an entire post instead of just the first sentence would help...
                                Last edited by rwh11385; 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X