When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accident View Post
    This also requires time to set up and execute. I live in a 900 sq ft apartment with a direct line from the front door to my bedroom.
    Look up the Tueller Drill. Chances are, in an apartment this small you're likely going to be getting injured regardless. Especially considering the robber is alert and attentive and you're disoriented from only just waking up.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
      Look up the Tueller Drill. Chances are, in an apartment this small you're likely going to be getting injured regardless. Especially considering the robber is alert and attentive and you're disoriented from only just waking up.
      Interesting drill, it's a good idea to set up as many early warning indicators around entry points. Not booby traps, so you can all calm down. But a small discrete wind chime attached to the window sill or we have baby gates on our stairs, we close them before going to bed. Little stuff like that can give you enough time assess the situation. Waking up with an intruder standing in your door way or over your bed is a very bad thing even if you have a gun on your night stand (I do not, kids...).

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
        Unless they pick the lock, they're going to make a good deal of noise getting in. I'm a light sleeper. I also sleep with my bedroom door locked.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
          You say that you're not anti-gun but then you say stuff like this. You have no right to be in a gun-free zone all the time while in public. You live in the United States of America. You can't claim we are infringing on rights you simply do not have. You have the choice to move to the protectionist states or to another country where only criminals and cops have guns...not sure about you but I wouldn't be willing to bet on those odds.
          luckily I took the time to gain the credentials to actually make positive changes in this country to minimize the damage people like you do to it
          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
            I'm pointing out that there are laws that infringe on your rights to carry that you don't give a fuck about, but then you get all up in arms when someone tries to introduce other logical and reasonable arguments into the discussion.

The main issue here is that I'd rather have government policing public space than idiots like ParsedOut and his quick to trigger six shooter.

I'm not wading into the whole protect your home debate. I've a gun for that very reason. I'm just on the other side of the debate when it comes to CC.
            Its not that I dont "give a fuck" its that those are the laws I have to live by like them or not. Of course the govt has to have its areas where Only it has a means of effecting force.

I dont need to go to a govt building very often. Since we can do 98% of everything on line and though private business. Other than jury duty summons or court appearance or the one time every 4 years when I have to visit the Sheriffs office to renew my CCW permit.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I meant in general, homey.

This is one of those debates when everyone has a good point. I'm out.
              2011 1M Alpine white/black
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                luckily I took the time to gain the credentials to actually make positive changes in this country to minimize the damage people like you do to it
                Keep stroking it...

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                  You're totally right and I apologize. Changed, but happy to have it on record.

Uncalled for.

Seriously. I'm sorry.
                  you really don't have anything to apologize for. he is acting the same way in the other threads that's he's whining about in here. and he did it after his panties got all wadded up in this thread.

I mean, for personal reasons if you don't like behaving like that by all means, but judging by the way he treats others there isn't any reason to treat him with a modicum of respect beyond what he gives others, which isn't much from his posts so far.

Comment

I really don't understand how having responsible adults carrying guns that NOBODY notices is a problem for anybody... Don't ask, don't tell, concealed is concealed... I've NEVER seen a person packing, but this one guy open carrying in a Wendy's, and it didn't bother me a bit. A person with bad intent in the store would shoot him first, giving me time to draw...
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                      I really don't understand how having responsible adults carrying guns that NOBODY notices is a problem for anybody... Don't ask, don't tell, concealed is concealed... I've NEVER seen a person packing, but this one guy open carrying in a Wendy's, and it didn't bother me a bit. A person with bad intent in the store would shoot him first, giving me time to draw...
                      so you're ok with gun legislation to make sure that only responsible people can carry?

Comment

But how are you going to determine "responsible" or "irresponsible?"

See this is where we end up deadlocked I guess, 'cause I don't want say yes to your question and harm the rights of everyone, and make it a major PITA to carry (or nearly impossible) like some states are, because I do believe that most that carry are responsible already. It is a BIG step to carry a gun and should not be taken lightly. I believe that most that carry understand that and are safe to others when they do carry...

I also don't want to say no because there presumable ARE a FEW that are irresponsible, and you would let the few ruin it for the rest of us...

In all I wonder why guns only are so targeted, when other things kill people too...
                        -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

lol, I'm not the one who brought it up you did:
                          "I really don't understand how having responsible adults carrying guns that NOBODY notices is a problem for anybody..."

Comment

I guess adults should already be assumed responsible to be able to take on the responsibility to carry...

Would you rather live in a world where you were automatically assumed responsible? Or treated like a child forever? Or have to take a test that "determines" weather you are responsible or not.
                            -Christian

Comment

we don't even automatically assume 18 year olds are mature enough to drive a car or buy alcohol, but your only criteria for carrying a concealed, loaded firearm in public is being 18 years old or older?

Comment

In my state its 21...

SO how 'bout we have a flipping class for carrying and then we can carry wherever the hell we like, including schools and whatnot, EVERYWHERE.

Would that make you happy?
                                -Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X