When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
    So....I've got Friday afternoon off work. I think I'll go see about getting my CCW.

Question: Online classes? Any good?

I'm a life member of the NRA (dad is an endorsement member, IIRC), and I grew up around guns and regularly go to the range. I don't hunt though, but may be persuaded to one day by the GF's step father.

I don't own a handgun, but was looking at Glock 38 and 39. I really want a .45. Taurus was on the list too. I'm not a fan of revolvers.

School me. I'm more into my old Mosin and SKS, handguns are new to me.
    You will have PM sometime tonight on this
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

i came in here expecting to read about wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        I read this story just after I started this thread. Florida of all places.

Maybe its a good way to clean up the gene pool a bit. Because there is a lot of Stupid people with guns in this country!
        Ftfy
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Good thread. I really think there needs to be more light shown on positive aspects of gun ownership and self defense.
          I have a lot of mixed, conflicted feelings about this subject. I grew up in SF CA, my parents are very VERY liberal, and I went to an extremely liberal school. How ever I have always had more (hate to label things like this) conservative views on many subjects which has put me in hot water a few times.
          It is really sad that kids and other innocent people get hurt by negligent gun owners. How ever, I feel that in the long run its not the gun that is the problem. The problem is the owner. It is not our job to protect stupid people (or their direct family) from them selves. They could just as easily kill their kid by leaving prescription drugs out or letting their kids play in the street. Before you tell me we have a right to protect kids from their parents think on this. Would you pass a law that would stop people from feeding their kids to death with Mountain Dew and McDonalds?
          How ever I do think there needs to be some solution to keeping guns out of the hands of people that will harm others with them. Dont ask me what it is. I dont know. How ever I feel the answer is not taking guns away from everyone, and I also feel that the answer is not giving everyone more guns. The first will lead to criminals having the upper hand, and the second is just a civilian arms race that wont go any where positive. There has got to be some middle ground... Right?
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by ramielm View Post
            Imagine if the people in the Colorado Movie theater massacre were armed, do you think that asshole would be able to kill 50+ people..I don't. Same concept goes with Columbine, Ohio State, etc.
            First, there were not 50+ deaths. "Only" 12, which still sucks very much.

But had there been more guns in the theatre, we could have probably expected more deaths.

These hero fantasies are utterly delusional. Unless the shooter just happens to open up in a way you have clear field of fire, (there are probably innocent targets behind them, too!) then you, there in the dark, as chaos ensues, gun drawn, unable to see the shooter clearly, might well add to the carnage. That would be great, wouldn't it? Kill someone's kid? Someone's mom....? Have to live with that the rest of your life.....?

You are at more risk driving around in your car than you will ever be of being in a situation where having a gun handy will save you. Still have a car, though, right? You are more likely to die in a swimming pool than at the hands of an unknown assailant, but pools are still legal.....
            Last edited by mar1t1me; 12-24-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post

But had there been more guns in the theatre, we could have probably expected more deaths.

These hero fantasies are utterly delusional. Unless the shooter just happens to open up in a way you have clear field of fire, (there are probably innocent targets behind them, too!) then you, there in the dark, as chaos ensues, gun drawn, unable to see the shooter clearly, might well add to the carnage. That would be great, wouldn't it? Kill someone's kid? Someone's mom....?

You are at more risk driving around in your car than you will ever be of being in a situation where having a gun handy will save you. Still have a car, though, right? You are more likely to die in a swimming pool than at the hands of an unknown assailant, but pools are still legal.....
              The point is that the idiot with the gun wouldn't even try to shoot up a theatre full of armed people, not that the people in the theatre would be able to stop him if armed.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post

These hero fantasies are utterly delusional. Unless the shooter just happens to open up in a way you have clear field of fire, (there are probably innocent targets behind them, too!) then you, there in the dark, as chaos ensues, gun drawn, unable to see the shooter clearly, might well add to the carnage. That would be great, wouldn't it? Kill someone's kid? Someone's mom....?
                Well your very right and I said the very same thing in the thread specific to the Aurora incident. That unless the perfect shot is presented upon trying to get out and one has the wherewithal to recognize it and capitalize on it. This is a non issue with the Aurora incident since the crazy fuck did his deed in a theater that Bars CCW, rather than one of the 5 that were closer to his residence that dont. Crazy fuckers are crazy, that does not mean they are stupid.

We CCWers have no delusions of heroism or fantasies about something happening so we can use that weapon. (sure there may be a few but thats a very very very small percentage) Look at the guy with the CCW that held his fire even after drawing a bead on the ass hat in the portland mall 3 weeks ago. WHY BECAUSE THERE WERE PEOPLE BEHIND THE SHIT BAG. The reason that ordeal ended when it did, the shit bag with the stolen gun saw the other guy with a bead drawn on him so knowing the jig was up, the next shot was him blowing his own brains out. In this case the guy with the CCW was in violation of his permit, for failing to notice the NO GUN sign on the mall entrances, but he like most any one else I have ever known that carries wound never endanger other lives with our own weapons.

Your vast broad strokes and sweeping generalizations of CCW holders is far from correct. So stop being like the meida and politicians and basing your opinions what you see in the fucking movies
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-24-2012, 10:16 PM.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun.

Originally posted by article
                  Two people were wounded late Sunday when gunfire erupted at a local movie theater, sending panicked moviegoers rushing to exits and ducking for cover, police and witnesses said.

A lone suspect was in custody after being wounded by an unidentified law enforcement officer, a Bexar County Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

Conditions of the two people wounded were not immediately released, nor was it disclosed where they were when they were wounded, or the type of gun that was used.

Witnesses said numerous shots were fired inside and outside the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 theater complex on Southwest Military Drive around 9:25 p.m., setting off the scramble to safety before police and EMS arrived. The complex was evacuated and sealed off for several hours.

Detective Louis Antu, spokesman for the Bexar County Sherriff's Office, said the shooting began at a nearby China Garden and “carried on into the theater.”

At one point, the suspect fired at a San Antonio Police Department patrol car, Antu said.

“He was shooting at a marked unit,” Antu said. “He knows he was shooting at an officer so that's (an) automatic (charge of) attempted capital murder.”

After the suspect reached the theater, an off duty Bexar County Sheriff officer who was working at the theater shot at him and possibly struck him, Antu said.

“She took all appropriate action to keep everyone safe in the movie theater,” Antu said.

Tara Grace, who was getting a drink from the concession stand when the shooting began, ran into the bathroom and locked herself in a stall with five other patrons to avoid the mayhem.

“We thought we were going to die,” she said.

A person at the scene, an employee from a different location of the restaurant, said the gunman initially may have targeted a coworker before making his way to the theater, though Antu could not confirm a motive immediately.

The shooting immediately sparked fears of a mass slaying like the one in July that killed 12 people and injured 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.

Cassandra Castillo, waited anxiously outside the theater for her son, a projectionist at the theater.

“It brings back memories of the other theater shooting, and the elementary school shooting,” she said. “You only think the worst.”

William Pitt-

Comment

Bad guy having access to the gun the issue in the first place, ignored however to promote fear and support for guns. Oh and because 2nd amendment, the British are coming again. News at 11.
                    Last edited by cale; 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I skim through this thread quite a bit. Do you guys know if possible future legislation will affect the ability to hold a CCW? I was thinking recently of putting in the time with my father to get one.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

^

The possible future legislation will reduce practical CCW weapons to wheel guns as anything thing the CAN "accept a detachable high capacity ammunition feeding device" weather one was ever constructed for the weapon or not, is going to be considered a "assault weapon" and grandfathered if your willing to title 2 that weapon, (NFA/class III they deal) and will require ATF approval to go across state lines with it, dont forget you would have to have a copy of your ATF paper work on you while carrying a Semi Auto pistol. IS this going to happen HAHAHAH no more than likely NOT.

Cale. Bad guys will always have access to weapons and fire arms..............Taking them away form law abiding citizens is going to help just how???? Your point is what again ???? The fact that this was not reported on at all outside of the San Antonino area, because it dose not promote fear of good people carrying guns and is opposite of the current Mantra of the media is taking with anything firearm related. If your scared of guns and people having them why did you join the Military?????? Oh wait its because its ok for you to have them but not just anyone gotcha.
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          Cale. Bad guys will always have access to weapons and fire arms..............Taking them away form law abiding citizens is going to help just how???? Your point is what again ???? The fact that this was not reported on at all outside of the San Antonino area, because it dose not promote fear of good people carrying guns and is opposite of the current Mantra of the media is taking with anything firearm related. If your scared of guns and people having them why did you join the Military?????? Oh wait its because its ok for you to have them but not just anyone gotcha.
                          Criminals only have access to them because of their prevalence, what about this is so hard for you to comprehend? No, bad guys don't always have access to them...AMERICAN bad guys do. Look at murder rates between the United States and comparable European or other first world nations, you stick out like a sore thumb. Your claim that they prevent crime is a joke. Or maybe they do as you say, and that without them your country would be on par with third world nations for crime and murder stats

I don't actually ever remember stating they should be taken away, simply that possession is a serious issue. I'm not naive enough to think a law requiring weapons to be turned in would ever be complied with, nor that they could be forcibly removed.

I think it's ok for everyone who can prove they're a respectable member of society to possess a firearm for home protection, you know this so don't think you can label me a hypocrite. As for being in the military, I don't even have access to a gun if I wanted in the Air Force, and the army has quite strict controls themselves. Then again, you seem to think it's ridiculous military bases don't allow CCW's so there's really nothing to discuss there...
                          Last edited by cale; 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Everyone has a military assault weapon in Switzerland and they have the lowest gun violence in the world.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Everyone has a military assault weapon in Switzerland and they have the lowest gun violence in the world.
                              This isn't correct or a full picture of the entire situation and you know it.

Comment

Sore thumb is sore.

And that is simply untrue about Switzerland. Many countries have lower gun violence statistics. Do you just make this shit up, or do you blindly each shit that is shoveled to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X